Captain Anasta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Anasta

Personally havent been very impressed with his game this year especially as a captain. He and the team were better last night, but I would place him behind Campese and Mullen in NSW as a 5/8.

The great Gus disagrees though:
    "Braith Anasta was the catalyst for all the Roosters' more expansive attacking raids. If he is not the best five-eighth in NSW, I'm an astronaut. He picked his time to set the outside men alight and had Manly stretched several times."

If it is possible I think it would do him good to take the Captaincy off him and see how he plays.

i agree, things started going downhill when fitzy lost the captaincy. it would be interesting to see if anasta starts to fire again without the added pressure of being captain.

Comment

but who would you give the captaincy to? I mean i guess you could give it to Pearce but it might just have the same effect that it had on Anasta, otherwise i think maybe Shack.

Shack could play the same role that fitzy did, he's young, extremely keen and quite level headed. But im just putting up suggestions there could be other people in the frame of things...maybe perret?
      I support two NRL teams, the Roosters and whoevers playing Souths

Comment

Mitchell Pearce would be a good leader. The kid has is level headed and I believe it would bring the best out of him.
        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

With Fitzy on the way out, Mason and O'Meley's futures clouded, Setaimata Sa still inconsistent, and SKD, Friend, Symonds and co. still too young, I would look at either Shack or Myles.

Comment

Originally posted by amyls89 View Post
            i agree, things started going downhill when fitzy lost the captaincy. it would be interesting to see if anasta starts to fire again without the added pressure of being captain.
            See I've heard that comment a few times now, and think its wrong.

When Freddie switched the captaincy, we had already started the downward slide in 2008. I can remember Freddie stating that the reason for the switch was to try and turn things around.

I'm not saying Braith is or isn't a better option than Fitzy as captain ....just that our downward slide didn't coincide with Braith taking the reigns, rather we were already going bad when he was handed the 'C' from Craig.

Comment

Originally posted by witty92 View Post
              but who would you give the captaincy to?
              Mason....that would fire him up.
              Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

last night when he started get frustrated, he lost the plot. so too did the team. he needs to learn to be patient and level headed as the leader of the club. the other boys look to him, especially as our key playmaker. we have no choice but to stick with braith right now, but he has work to do for sure

Comment

imo Pearce is a natural captain

yes he is still very young, but imo it would benefit(unless he continues to keep making every tackle..)

Comment

Captain Carney to the rescue

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                      Captain Carney to the rescue
                      Only if he wants to lead the team on a pub crawl !

Comment

Working...
                      X