16. Ryan Matterson
    17. Victor Radley
    RESERVES
    18. Reece Robinson
    19. Mitchell Cornish
    20. Nat Butcher
    21. Lindsay Collins
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2017

Kudos to Robinson for accepting that his tactics need changing.

Comment

Any news when Dr. Hugo Strange is arriving?

Comment

So 3 of our interchanges had the most questions asked of them last week.

Comment

hopefully we remember how to string some passes together this week, can't remember such an inept attacking display as we had against the Tigers.

this team isn't built to be a high completion grind it out team.

Comment

Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post
            Kudos to Robinson for accepting that his tactics need changing.
            I'd be more concerned if he was changing his mind after the first round of the season because of one bad performance.

Fair enough if you don't agree with his game plan or tactics everyone's entitled to their opinnion and he should been open to criticism.

But one game shouldn't be enough to change someone's mind on something that you've just spent the last 6 months building towards, as a coach you've got to have more belief in your ability and decisions than that.

There's a fine line between stubornness and resilience. But we're talking about Round 1, it would be a knee jerk of the highest order to start changing it around already.

Comment

If you go on form then Bulldogs will clean us up
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Rooster6: I was only kidding. First vision that came to me when I read the second sentence of thread title was Latrell Mitchell on stage in tights having a battle of psalm readings, with Greg Eastwood returning serve with his mighty proverbs. I agree that rash decisions shouldn't be made by the coach after only 80 minutes of football, but in this instance I believe that something must be done. I watched every round 1 game and we rated poorly in my opinion, compared to what I saw in most of the other teams. Yes, we must not want Robinson to bring in sweeping changes after just one round, because there are still 25 rounds to go, and then 24, and then ....... and so on. I am happy for the coach to maintain his current plans, so long as he slightly alters them according to recent results from the execution of the plans. I just hope that the round 1 Dogs don't play the round 1 Roosters in round 2.

Comment

I think we'll get well beaten.

I was shocked at our round 1 performance where as the Dogs showed plenty against a ridiculously good Storm team.

Comment

I suspect the first few rounds are being used to bed down new structures and we won’t the side start to really click into gear for a few weeks. No point being March premiers. It is a long season and we want to be playing our best footy at the pointy end of the season, not in the first few rounds.

Comment

It is a long season but it will continue to get shorter every week. 2 points in March is worth as much as 2 points in August. The majority of our players have been together for years and should have clicked into gear a bit better than what round 1 showed. I hate being critical of Easts, but a lot of the round 1 teams had as many or more new players than us, yet displayed better consistency. This game will not be won on our form, but the inclusion of Keary should give us a much better chance of bringing the 2 points home. Wishing and hoping that Ferguson maintains his round 1 form till the end of the year.

Comment

tipped the roosters with no great confidence ....god that performance was disgraceful on saturday ,

Comment

Kearys back,that will improve the back line attack.Napas still there with his mate Matterson and the tackling machine is still the rake.Who knows who will win this,the backs will probably get us over the line even though the forwards are suss but i wouldnt have a bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                            I think we'll get well beaten.

I was shocked at our round 1 performance where as the Dogs showed plenty against a ridiculously good Storm team.
                            You think we are going to lose every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I'd be more concerned if he was changing his mind after the first round of the season because of one bad performance.

Fair enough if you don't agree with his game plan or tactics everyone's entitled to their opinnion and he should been open to criticism.

But one game shouldn't be enough to change someone's mind on something that you've just spent the last 6 months building towards, as a coach you've got to have more belief in your ability and decisions than that.

There's a fine line between stubornness and resilience. But we're talking about Round 1, it would be a knee jerk of the highest order to start changing it around already.
                              If last weeks effort was the culmination of 6 months work then things deffinately need to change or the next 6 months will be a loss as well.
                              I love porcelain hand dryers.

Comment

Working...
                              X