Farmer Silly and the Bench of Dreams.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmer Silly and the Bench of Dreams.

Others, like me have been asking about his current form and if he's ready for the top grade yet.
    From what little I've seen of him he has been impressive, and does remind me of a younger Matagi.

If he was considered for the role of bench prop who plays limited minutes, I reckon his fearless running style would give the whole team a lift even if he doesn't break the line. Napa and Tetevano are good, but when they take the field they start playing like they're pacing themselves for an 80 minute dig.
    We need someone to rip in seeing as they're not playing long stints.

Maybe Collins is ahead of the good farmer in the pecking order at the moment, but I don't wanna see Farmer Silly stuck under his over-turned tractor at Wyong all year.
    Let's see if he can make hay while the sun shines, and perhaps he'll bring home the bacon.

Players like Napa probably need a stint in reserve grade to get their fire back. Mind you, going on how bullet-proof Guerra was for 3 or 4 seasons, I wont hold my breath.

I agree. It's time for Butcher, Faamasilli, Reuben Porter and Stili Topouniua to take over from the likes of Aubbo, Matterson and Tetevano. A bit of youth and energy is exactly what we lacked last week and also much of last year

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post
      I agree. It's time for Butcher, Faamasilli, Reuben Porter and Stili Topouniua to take over from the likes of Aubbo, Matterson and Tetevano. A bit of youth and energy is exactly what we lacked last week and also much of last year
      I've also liked what of seen of Butcher and Porter. I can't recall seeing Topounia play.
      I'd have Aubbo playing as a bench utility only.. Tetevano deserves to keep his bench spot for now, but I'm far from sold on Matterson.

I wonder if Chris Smith is still in the picture or not?

Comment

I think Topouniua would be in front of them all except maybe Butcher. From what I saw from this kid last year in under 20's he must be a chance of a first grade debut this year. The kid is big, agressive, determined and plays with plenty of heart. Sort of the opposite of Napa at the moment. However, he is a backrower not a front rower.

Comment

Butcher at lock.
          Liu to the bench
          Matto to Wyong

Comment

Napa is a crab these days that stops at the line, when the shoulder charge was outlawed his defense became ineffective, Butchers a toiler, lock in waiting.
            collins has been ordinary in his first grade appearances in my opinion, gives away a stack of lazy penalties for Wyong, you have to have more than a brogan mullet to warrant a first spot.
            Farmer Silly and Sitilli are exactly what we need, Solid defenders and very hard ball runners that can bend the line and off load. Give them a crack before they go
            Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

I personally love Matto... But he reminds me to much to Aubo. 1 dimensional. Its a good dimension to have in the team, solid defender... but we don't need two blokes like this. I know Matto has a higher skillset than Aubo, but the way Robbo uses him... he never gets to utilise it.

We need some speed in the legs, some big bodies with some aggression and an offload.
              Just released Mayday for iOS and Android! Download it for your iPhone / iPad OR for your Android Phone / Tablet

Comment

Maybe Napa and Friend belong in another era.
                They would've been perfect for the game in the '80s.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
                  Napa is a crab these days that stops at the line, when the shoulder charge was outlawed his defense became ineffective, Butchers a toiler, lock in waiting.
                  collins has been ordinary in his first grade appearances in my opinion, gives away a stack of lazy penalties for Wyong, you have to have more than a brogan mullet to warrant a first spot.
                  Farmer Silly and Sitilli are exactly what we need, Solid defenders and very hard ball runners that can bend the line and off load. Give them a crack before they go
                  How's this for a bench?

14- Aubbo
                  15- Tetevano
                  16- Sitilli
                  17- Farmer Silly

Friend, Matto and Napa to spend time in NSW cup.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

How's this for a bench?

14- Aubbo
                    15- Tetevano
                    16- Sitilli
                    17- Farmer Silly

Friend, Matto and Napa to spend time in NSW cup.
                    you will certainly get impact off the bench which is something we lack big time
                    Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

you will certainly get impact off the bench which is something we lack big time
                      So to fix everything............
                      1- Teddy
                      2- Toops
                      3- Latrell
                      4- Manu
                      5- Fergo
                      6- Keary
                      7- Cronk (c)
                      8- JWH
                      9- Radley
                      10- SST
                      11- Cords
                      12- Butcher
                      13- Liu

The bench is as above.............if we build it, they will come.
                      Youth, enthusiasm and form. Cronks team.

Comment

Originally posted by hackthefortress View Post
                        I personally love Matto... But he reminds me to much to Aubo. 1 dimensional. Its a good dimension to have in the team, solid defender... but we don't need two blokes like this. I know Matto has a higher skillset than Aubo, but the way Robbo uses him... he never gets to utilise it.

We need some speed in the legs, some big bodies with some aggression and an offload.
                        im a matto fan aswell, but as the team keeps mentioning its all about defence. so once we reconstruct the bondi wall we will then master attack. keep things the same till we get fcuked over by ori9in. Cords, Cronk, napa, Latrell possibly, fergo, teddy,
                        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2017

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

So to fix everything............
                          1- Teddy
                          2- Toops
                          3- Latrell
                          4- Manu
                          5- Fergo
                          6- Keary
                          7- Cronk (c)
                          8- JWH
                          9- Radley
                          10- SST
                          11- Cords
                          12- Butcher
                          13- Liu

The bench is as above.............if we build it, they will come.
                          Youth, enthusiasm and form. Cronks team.
                          IMO naming Radley at 9 for 80min is madness. You have underestimated Friends value in defence.

And, cheese and crow!... Butcher on the edge? Where has he shown he is up to that? He is a middle third player!

I call emotional, drunk, or off your meds Eddie
                          Last edited by Flipper Hands; 03-15-2018, 12:07 PM. Reason: Edit: Butcher on the edge?

Comment

How do you know? Have you seen them play against men?

Comment

Originally posted by hackthefortress View Post

What's that?

Comment

Working...
                              X