Pushing shit uphill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushing shit uphill

Anyone who thought that was a good effort tonight are kidding themselves. Stupid error after stupid error is it any wonder that we lost to a terrible Manly. If the management believe that we don't need some good players then there's no hope for us. I know a lot of people will say that it was an improvement but that's like saying WC Fields is better looking than the Elephant Man. Mitchell Pearce needs to be the first one dropped and Mason should follow him. All in all a pathetic effort. You can pat them on the back all you like but that will send them the wrong message. Easts were terrible, no one can tell me any different, and for God's sake will someone teach them how to pass a ball and catch it!

Coggy, no one can tell you any different because you don't listen.

You could have an elephant standing infront of you, call it a mouse and argue with anyone until you are blue that it is a mouse not an elephant.

your rants are falling on deaf ears.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
    To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
    At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
    Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
    The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

The scoreline doesn't lie.

But it was an improved effort.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
        Coggy, no one can tell you any different because you don't listen.

You could have an elephant standing infront of you, call it a mouse and argue with anyone until you are blue that it is a mouse not an elephant.

your rants are falling on deaf ears.
        I take it that you thought they were good tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster Cogburn View Post
          No i do not think they were good, like JT, i though it was an improved effort, there is a difference. No point in trying to explain, you don;t listen.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
          To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
          At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
          Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
          The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Its wasn't good, but it was a marked improvement on previous weeks.
            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
            sigpic

Comment

agreed mario, mitchell pearce was one of our best tonight, you could not fault his kicking or his defense, the one mistake he made was one poor pass that ended with a freak 90 metre try. You saying Pearce is the worst player in our side just highlights your own stupidity.
              I support two NRL teams, the Roosters and whoevers playing Souths

Comment

Originally posted by witty92 View Post
                agreed mario, mitchell pearce was one of our best tonight, you could not fault his kicking or his defense, the one mistake he made was one poor pass that ended with a freak 90 metre try. You saying Pearce is the worst player in our side just highlights your own stupidity.
                Mitchell pearce was terrible. He would have to be the most overrated player in the side.

Comment

Mitchell pearce was terrible. He would have to be the most overrated player in the side.
                  does anyone agree with this? i certainly dont but i'm unsure as to other opinions,

Comment

Pearce was good tonight........I didn't think the overall TEAM effort was anything to write home about, though some individuals lifted. (Pearce, Sa and O'Meley)

Comment

Anyone who thought that was a good effort tonight are kidding themselves. Stupid error after stupid error is it any wonder that we lost to a terrible Manly. If the management believe that we don't need some good players then there's no hope for us. I know a lot of people will say that it was an improvement but that's like saying WC Fields is better looking than the Elephant Man. Mitchell Pearce needs to be the first one dropped and Mason should follow him. All in all a pathetic effort. You can pat them on the back all you like but that will send them the wrong message. Easts were terrible, no one can tell me any different, and for God's sake will someone teach them how to pass a ball and catch it!
                      Coggie, we tried buying success...guess what...it doesnt work. We and you need to accept that we are winning spoons, rebuilding and eventually will be competitive. The players you want are not available, and if they were would not take pride in the jersey.

As long as Nick and the board continue down this pathetic part of believing you can buy success, more spoons will greet us.
                      Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                        Coggie, we tried buying success...guess what...it doesnt work. We and you need to accept that we are winning spoons, rebuilding and eventually will be competitive. The players you want are not available, and if they were would not take pride in the jersey.

As long as Nick and the board continue down this pathetic part of believing you can buy success, more spoons will greet us.

Melon we need a centre, a good hooker and a good ball playing back rower. I feel the club has some potentally good players but gee there is a lot of rubbish. I agree that we are spoon bound.

Comment

RC I think your assessment of Pearce is a little harsh. I thought his game was fairly good.

Personally, I think one of the problems is the bloke that wears number 6 and has the "C" next to his name. Now he is overrated.

I don't think the scoreline did us justice but we weren't good enough to beat them.
                          Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

IMO...tonights efforts were a vast improvement. Fitzy was great and O'Meley lifted too.
                            Pearce's mistakes are noticed because he is in everything.....he did well.
                            Go Ben and Tommy!!
                            Hard to find fault with Mason or point out errors because he doesn't do anything!!!!!

Comment

i think that what tonight proved is we definately have the ability to beat the lower teams in the comp and avoid spoon, and even possibly beat some of the better teams. I think that if we played with the same heart and determination we did tonight, and then worked on discipline we could beat rabbits, raiders, eels, sharks, even manly.

If you take away a few penalties, dropped balls, bad passes we would have won tonight i believe.
                              To prove this
                              Tuigimalas 2 dropped balls: 2 tries
                              Pearces pass to Jones which he knocks on, Williams runs the field and scores a try
                              Fitzgibbons knockon late in the 2nd half, one try (coupled with tanseys shitty play of the ball)
                              Not to mention countless unnecessary penalties which let off pressure and gave Manly field position.

All of these things are not massive problems, they are just fundamentals which (IMO) are easily fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X