No announcement yet.

Kevin Hastings walks away from the Roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social media has done k hastings no favours. Come across poorly.

i do not know the cause of where if fell apart between he and nick but I can testify hastings has been far from a role model as a father and a husband.

and I may add he was my favourite easts he of all time but looking at highlights reels and my memory Mayes played him off a break
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
      First thing's first: what is this "flog" thing all about? Never heard that expression before.

Horrie was my childhood hero. Won us more games, practically singlehandedly, than I care to remember. Tougher than a 20 cent steak, scored tries, kicked goals, kicked field goals, was the best tactical kicker in the game and a better clubman you would never find.

That's how I prefer to remember him.
      I had to have it explained as well. They mean a flogger, malaka, jerk-off, wankar, chook feeder, jerking the gherkin, choking the chicken, going out with Mrs Palmer and her five daughters, a date with Palmela Handerson.

I could go on.
      Originally posted by jism
      I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post

I had to have it explained as well. They mean a flogger, malaka, jerk-off, wankar, chook feeder, jerking the gherkin, choking the chicken, going out with Mrs Palmer and her five daughters, a date with Palmela Handerson.

I could go on.
        a Lillian frank. A Mel Blanc

Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post

I could go on.
          ??? But how does that relate to football???

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post

??? But how does that relate to football???
            Ahh - that's what stsae call those who have descended on Pearce like a reign of fire since Cronk signed, "flogs".
            Originally posted by jism
            I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
              Social media has done k hastings no favours. Come across poorly.

i do not know the cause of where if fell apart between he and nick but I can testify hastings has been far from a role model as a father and a husband.

and I may add he was my favourite easts he of all time but looking at highlights reels and my memory Mayes played him off a break
              Poor old Jacko didn't have much chance then, his mum was no angel either

Comment

Barney Dalton was part of a drug pushing, sly grog selling, prostitute wrangling gang of murderous thugs. It doesn't mean he isn't still my favorite Easts player of all time.
                SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Ashley Klien and Cummings would shit themselves if Dalton was still playing we would be the refs favorites for sure lol

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
                    Ashley Klien and Cummings would shit themselves if Dalton was still playing we would be the refs favorites for sure lol
                    They'd be like Darcy after a visit from Stan.
                    SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny. View Post
                      Barney Dalton was part of a drug pushing, sly grog selling, prostitute wrangling gang of murderous thugs. It doesn't mean he isn't still my favorite Easts player of all time.
                      One to be proud of.

Comment

This has nothing to do Pearce.. what Hastings has said is true and runs true for many past players that I have bumped into..

The problem at our club is the full control one man has. He makes all the calls. No one stands up to him. The Roosters are his only & thats the end of the story. The board is his. All the appointments are his. All the sackings are his.

It depends which way you want to look at it as a positive or negative, but its not run like a usual footy club.

Comment

Originally posted by redrooster View Post
                          This has nothing to do Pearce.. what Hastings has said is true and runs true for many past players that I have bumped into..

The problem at our club is the full control one man has. He makes all the calls. No one stands up to him. The Roosters are his only & thats the end of the story. The board is his. All the appointments are his. All the sackings are his.

It depends which way you want to look at it as a positive or negative, but its not run like a usual footy club.
                          That man you speak of sounds awfully familiar............oh yeah, he's the same bloke who outside of football gets his kicks out of testing nuclear missiles? Mr Authoritarian.

Comment

Originally posted by redrooster View Post

It's positive because we all know that if it wasn't for him there is no way we survive the SL War.

Comment

It isn't Politis' job to look after past players. Its got very little to do with him. Some he does take under his wing, but thats more to do with the player than him.
                              I think the attitude of the club doesn't look after me comes more from the notion that the club does everything for them when they are contracted players, then once they retire they have to look after themselves.
                              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                              sigpic

Comment

There are past players who dont do us any favours and visa- versa as far as Nick is concerned he does the club favours and works his guts off for the team and while the players are at the Roosters he looks after them as far as I am concerned when they leave they are on their own ,unless they really hit hard times and the NRL usually looks after them

Comment

Working...
                                X