Please just keep Keary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please just keep Keary!

I don’t care if Pearce goes but Keary has been player of the year for me causing all sorts of problems for the opposition. He has great acceleration and makes a lot of line breaks and is an awesome running half unlike Pearce. I’d rather lose both Pearce and not gain Cronk than lose this brilliant little 5/8th.

“Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Agreed. And he’s tough as teak.
    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

I'd probably quibble over whether we should keep Keary over Pearce, but, 100%, i hope we keep Luke. Fantastic player, had a fantastic season, clearly loves it at the Roosters.
      I don't know how you fit three into two positions, and maybe Luke plays good minutes from the bench, but hope he stays.

Comment

Maybe we play 14 on the field and hope no-one notices!

Comment

I agree about keeping Keary, he was instrumental in us coming second this year, and his game will complement Cronk's game, which is similar to Pearce, except for the kicking.

Comment

Friend to start the game at hooker, with Pearce on the bench.
            After 20 mins Friend is replaced by Pearce.
            Cronk, Pearce and Keary all on the field together for 20 mins until half time.
            First 20 of second half Friend comes back on...then replaced by Pearce for the rest of the game...Cronk, Keary and Pearce on the field together.

Comment

Anyone who threatens to take on the phone chucker should become a life member
              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                First 20 of second half Friend comes back on...then replaced by Pearce for the rest of the game...Cronk, Keary and Pearce on the field together.
                THats two interchanges used up. Also can you see selfish friend giving up significant game time?
                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                  Lol...Friend would be out of here quicker than ET getting into bed after switching off the light.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

THats two interchanges used up. Also can you see selfish friend giving up significant game time?
                    He is an employee and should do what he is told.

Comment

I am all for easing Friend's workload, but 40 minutes on the bench is ludicrous. His best football by far was in 2013 when he was probably playing 60-65 minutes per week on average. We would be investing too much salary cap into the dummy half position. The only guy who should be subbing for Friend for sometime is Radley, ironically he is the only guy you could possibly pair on the field with Friend to share a hooker, smallish backrower with.

Playing one of Pearce, Keary or Cronk in the backrow (believe me I saw some guy saying Cronk should be our Lock next year on facebook) against a decent team would see us smashed. For the love of God, Pearce has to go. Many people want him at dummy half, but for $800K a year, I think it is too big a gamble for someone unproven in the role. Friend for all his faults must be hooker next year with Radley giving him a spell. Use some of Pearce's money for a front rower.

Comment

As strange as this sounds it seems like Pearce or Keary will go..
                        If indeed it is Keary,the Club has seriously lost the plot.
                        Jake Friend can be spelled for 15 minutes a game by Radley,which means Pearce or Keary won’t fit that role..
                        So the alternative is one needs to go,and I pray to the heavens it isn’t our best attacking half to appease the golden boy!

Comment

Cronk and Pearce would be worse than Pearce and Keary. Neither can play 5/8. I keep reading how Pearce is fast, he is but he doesn't have great acceleration, Keary does. This is what you need to make breaks in and around the rucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                            Cronk and Pearce would be worse than Pearce and Keary. Neither can play 5/8. I keep reading how Pearce is fast, he is but he doesn't have great acceleration, Keary does. This is what you need to make breaks in and around the rucks.
                            Cronk and Pearce will be similar to the boring old bomb after bomb days with Pearce and Anasta...
                            I hope sanity prevails and Keary stays at 5/8th..

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                              As strange as this sounds it seems like Pearce or Keary will go..
                              If indeed it is Keary,the Club has seriously lost the plot.
                              Jake Friend can be spelled for 15 minutes a game by Radley,which means Pearce or Keary won’t fit that role..
                              So the alternative is one needs to go,and I pray to the heavens it isn’t our best attacking half to appease the golden boy!
                              The club has addressed a serious problem - an inability to successfully finish a set of six - that's been a chronic problem related to Pearce. NSW have the same problem. I wrote on here some time back that Mitchell has his own YouTube blooper reel from State of Origin. And then he has the ego to sledge Thurston only top be outsledged as well.

From what we see Cronk is a far more humble character and when he is not in the Qld team, NSW usually win - the opposite of Pearce. So I believe that either Robbo is a complete idiot with the Pearce talk...or he is providing a smooth diplomatic exit which Mitch should take. In short he's saying we want you and Cronk is saying he came to the Roosters to play with Pearce etc...all to give Mitchell a smooth out when he says thanks but no thanks.

Surely we have to bring Radley forward more in 201`8 and toughen up our defence. And we need to finish a set of six and know where we're going earlier in the count.. I think Mitchell's best chance of taking his game to the next level is to give himself a challenge and start anew. He's had plenty of time to learn and this might be just the wake up call at his age that says it is now or never.

If we keep on going down the same path - well it's the definition of insanity isn't it..

Comment

Working...
                              X