Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post
    As I said in another thread,,

Keary will be the sacrificial lamb for 2 reasons.

1. So Robbo minimises team harmony damage, or does not risk losing the dressing room as they say.
    2. So Robbo keeps the fans/sponsors/stakeholders content

I reckon from the reaction on this forum, 50% want Pearce in & 50% want Pearce out. That's a lot of fans and memberships.

Yes, Keary will get the 'super sub" / utility role, and he will be at another club in 2019. Just like Connor this year. And don't be fooled cause he'll get about as much game time as Connor got.

Cronk and Pearce as the half combo`s with Keary as super sub - Develop Lachlan Lam for 5/8 role - Robbo woke up too late in giving Watson more game time once he signed with the Knights - should not make the same mistake twice with Keary as super sub- give him adequate game time - Keary as you should know is after more bucks than he is worth so 2018 could be it or him or before - develop Lachlan Lam to NRL standard- Pearce back to half and Lam 5/8 - Cronk kept on as a consultant to oversee halves and develop lower grade and junior rep halves- A win win In my view

Comment

My first impression was that Robbo was simply being diplomatic in the interview. I can't see Pearce staying now.

It's just a matter of time, and I'd say he'll prob wind up a Sea Eagle.

There is just no logical fit for Pearce now that Cronk has signed. It now truly is a square peg, round hole situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
        My first impression was that Robbo was simply being diplomatic in the interview. I can't see Pearce staying now.

It's just a matter of time, and I'd say he'll prob wind up a Sea Eagle.

There is just no logical fit for Pearce now that Cronk has signed. It now truly is a square peg, round hole situation.

Mate, we could sure use the $$$. It's posted on the pen that Keary has knocked back a $600k 2 year extension. I also read he's after a 3yr deal and not 2. (Maloney all over again)

Of course this could all be bullshyte, I've got no idea. It's from the Cronkpen. lol.

I reckon this retention problem will apply to most extensions for contracts ending 2018.
        Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Hollus View Post
          Well the high I felt on Monday after Cronk signed has now come crashing down. Pearce at 5/8?? This is akin to shifting Wing to the bench to accommodate an underperforming Finch in the halves. Ho hum
          Exactly my thoughts, plain stupid if true
          Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Cronk and Pearce the best half combo with Keary as super sub - Sterlo has a soft spot for the Chooks via Big Jack and Judy Gibson but he last played in the early 1990's
            No way mate,Cronk and Pearce will take us back to the days of Pearce and Anasta..
            Cronk needs a running 5/8th by his side,Keary fits that role perfectly..
            Robbo needs to take his blinkers off and do what’s right for the team,not his loyalty..

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Why did Latrell make 18 linebreaks? Because he's a gun..

It's not like he all of a sudden started breaking the line. Last year he made 15LB's, this year 18.

Why did Luke Keary make 15 linebreaks this year when for the other 63 games of his career he's only made 14 in total?

Will you apply the same train of thought you were hinting at with the Latrell question or will the bias blind you?
              We're getting sidetracked. Let's keep it simple.

Who do you think is the better 5/8, Keary or Pearce?

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Cronk and Pearce the best half combo with Keary as super sub - Sterlo has a soft spot for the Chooks via Big Jack and Judy Gibson but he last played in the early 1990's
                Sterlo, despite his professional media diplomacy, can't stand Easts.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
                  Robbo says Pearce will be playing in the halves. Guess that means Keary to the bench then. What a mess.
                  Yes such a mess. Keary has been in super form all year how can you put him on the bench? Pearce should go.

“Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                    I believe the only way he stays is if he is promised a halves role,which Robinson is capable of doing unfortunately..
                    I've not let you down much in the past mate.

Comment

interesting words from robbo " hes a half and he will be playing in the halves" sounds like keary getting the rough end?

Comment

Originally posted by Half time View Post

I've not let you down much in the past mate.
                        Always spot on HT

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                          interesting words from robbo " hes a half and he will be playing in the halves" sounds like keary getting the rough end?

Sounds like Robbo is convinced Pearce has spat the dummy after their little chat and is correct, he will be playing halfback, elsewhere
                          Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

Sounds like Robbo is convinced Pearce has spat the dummy after their little chat and is correct, he will be playing halfback, elsewhere
                            or maybe wyong.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
                              I actually thought we looked quite strong at times when Connor Watson came on as lock. Think about some of the strengths of Pearce's game. I'd say his top 3 would be his line running in the middle third, his support play up the middle on a break, and his ability to square up a defence playing first receiver. Now think about the way we play under Robbo. Lots of short passing at the line to genuine support. Double blocks from the scrum line with the lock the initial distributor. Add to this Tedesco's ability to beat tired defenders on inside balls. Imagine that first receiver being a genuine half with a genuine run in him and pinpoint pass to Cronk or Tedesco inside. If Teddy is your inside option, Keary showed at the back end of the season that he can be the second sweep option on the right side as well. I'm not saying that's always the shape we play with but it would be a pretty threatening option.

The big issue with Pearce playing big minutes at lock would be his size and how that might take away from the presence of the pack. He'd definitely have to add some size. Pearce playing big minutes at lock would keep three middles on the bench fresher to rotate as props and maybe one rotate into lock with Pearce to hooker to give Friend a spell.

It's not the worst idea in the world if everyone buys into it. But it is a big gamble. It could change the game also. Teams are getting very good at defending block plays with passive defence and good hunt from the inside. Maybe angle plays around the ruck to deter that hunt will come back in fashion. Would certainly make for more interesting footy. It's almost like interchanges went down to 8 and no one adjusted to take advantage of that tiredness. So many teams persisted with block plays. The Blues showed for 50% of the series how you win a game in 2017 and then went back to 2012 footy and got caned, pardon the pun.

However it ends up working out its going to be a very interesting 2018 season.
                              I like reading what you & R6 contribute to the Chookpen but I must admit Im mystified about how you both feel Keary could come on & play lock. I just cannot get my head around it. If Pearce & Keary both remained & for some reason one of them had to play lock it would have to be Pearce even though I wouldnt even play him there either.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

Mate, we could sure use the $$$. It's posted on the pen that Keary has knocked back a $600k 2 year extension. I also read he's after a 3yr deal and not 2. (Maloney all over again)

Of course this could all be bullshyte, I've got no idea. It's from the Cronkpen. lol.

I reckon this retention problem will apply to most extensions for contracts ending 2018.
                                It could be bullshite, at least 85% of what you read on here is

I wasn't supportive of the Cronk signing in the first place - i was in the Pearce camp - HOWEVER, now that the deal is done, we've got no choice but to move him on surely. Keary is a no-brainer to extend for 3 years IMO. As has been said over-and-over again, his style compliments Cronk's perfectly.

Pearce and Cronk are much too similar for mine. Surely a Pearce/Cronk combination isn't the thinking here.

THE OTHER POSSIBILITY, is that Robbo is going to rotate both PEARCE and KEARY throughout the No.6 jumper and will play either one in the starting 5/8 role depending on the particular game and the strategy.

Comment

Working...
                                X