Pearce to ESL for a year or two?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearce to ESL for a year or two?

Perhaps Pearce needs to chill for a year or two in France.

10 plus years in the furnace since he was 17. Now not feeling wanted. Perhaps a season or two in the ESL would recharge his batteries and make him a better player.

He will kill it over there. Im sure many clubs would be interested in him once he returns. Perhaps he can lead the Chooks or another club then to a premiership.

Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

thats not a bad idea as long as he remains committed to eaSTS IE WILL RETURN IN 2 as cronk leaves

Comment

i'm hoping he's at the roosters next year and for the rest of his career

Comment

Big payday awaits junior at the knights.

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
          Big payday awaits junior at the knights.
          So I hear..........?
          Roosters For Ever

Comment

Both him & Cronk are wanted by the club

Pearce, if he wants another Premiership with bookies favourite for next season he would be wise to consider his contribution moving forward

My money is on him staying if he can put his ego aside
            "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

I give you marks for thinking outside the box cuzz...

Perhaps young Mitchell Paul could go overseas too for an apprenticeship. A package deal, two snitzels for the price of one....
              Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
              What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

I think Pearce will stay with an assurance that the second year will be a transition back to halfback with Cronk being more of a bench impact, at the age of 36.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie08 View Post
                  I think Pearce will stay with an assurance that the second year will be a transition back to halfback with Cronk being more of a bench impact, at the age of 36.
                  How is Parra going Bernie Gurr?

Pathetic!
                  What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

I like your thinking Bernie.

But tbh I really don't know how we are fitting Pearce, Cronk, Keary plus our other stars under the cap for the next two seasons. Now that Cronk is here either Pearce or Friend is superflous unfortunately and we should be hunting another forward.

Pathetic!
                    What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

why would he go to ESL??- If Cronk has signed for 1mill a season and other players stay - people are going to really question how we can fit all the players in under the CAP - TPA's must be contributing a fair amount towards certain players contracts in that case.

Comment

If they manage to win the comp in 2018 -Cronk might retire too and not play on in 2019 - Pearce/Keary can do an advanced apprenticeship under Cronk in 2018 and Pearce revert back to his half back role in 2019- Cronk staying on in 2019 as some sort of consultant for developing lower grade/junior rep halves as well as keeping an eye on Pearce and Keary's form-assisting when required if they go off track. - a possibility perhaps??- Cronk was originally only after a 1 year deal.
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 10-30-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I think he will go to the Sharks. They have free reign there and it would allow Maloney to leave like he wants to

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                            I think he will go to the Sharks. They have free reign there and it would allow Maloney to leave like he wants to
                            I think that would be a good move for Pearce, however, I think he may end up at the Knights if he does go as they can pay the full 800k.

I didnt see the foxtel show tonight but from reading here and on the social media it appears there is a growing expectation that Pearce will stay.

I don't think it is a good move by the Roosters or him to stay, he is on 800k and that is a ridiculous amount to pay for a bench player.

Sterlo put it well when he said if he was 28 and a veteran of 240 NRL games there is no way he will be playing off the bench, he is a top tier half still, even if he falls short of the champions like Thurston, Cronk and other very very good players such as Morgan.

Plus we need more grunt in the middle and that money will be better spent there for starters.

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                              why would he go to ESL??- If Cronk has signed for 1mill a season and other players stay - people are going to really question how we can fit all the players in under the CAP - TPA's must be contributing a fair amount towards certain players contracts in that case.
                              Why not if someone like Catalans comes up with an offer in excess of 800K?

Comment

Working...
                              X