Bellamy to Roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellamy to Roosters

Heard some rumours that if no premiership in 2018 that Craig Bellamy may be sounded out to Coach the Chooks to replace Robbo - As all know he was sounded out to coach the Chooks before but stuck with the Melbourne- Cam Smith is also off contract at end of 2018- It is looking more than likely that Cronk if he decides to play on will sign a 2 year deal with the Chooks as no other club has the cap space to sign him - Maybe a case of Cronk and Smith being re-united for one last season in 2019 at the Chooks??

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...b15b6713da3a56
    Last edited by King Salvo; 10-18-2017, 11:13 PM.

Wow

looooooong off season is well and truly here.
    Is that the full story,
    or is your news limited?

Comment

Originally posted by BarnstormingBlockbustin' View Post
      Wow

looooooong off season is well and truly here.
      Tried to sign Bellamy previously and will be off contract at the end of 2018 - Robbo needs a GF win I suggest in 2018. Sticky got the team into 3 consecutive GF's - 2005 was a poor year and Uncle Nick said enough less than half way though 2006 and thought he had Bennett as coach for 2007 which fell through - Uncle Nick is not afraid of making hard decisions one has to say - He rates Bellamy highly and I don't think that opinion would have changed- sign Cronk -may sign Bellamy and Smith as well perhaps as both will be off contract at the end of 2018.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...b15b6713da3a56

Comment

A lot of talk Nick and the board wasn't happy about that Cowboys debacle. Robinson won one GF with twenty minutes of SBW brilliance and Jennings being a freak. Pearce is an utter failure at halfback and we have a team that should be a multiple championship team.
        SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

You've truly lost the plot

Comment

Smith is signed until the end of 2019.

Comment

You can't have it both ways Johhny and say we should be a multiple winning team and at the same time criticize players calling them 'utter failures'.
              The truth is that people who know a bit about the game commented that we lacked leadership and determination against the Cows. Now in my book, that rests firmly on the likes of Robbo, Pearce, JWH and Friend. Bringing in Cronk could help in the same way that SBW brought about a winning culture in '13. That's the long and short of it!

Comment

Seriously? Why don't we replace our entire team with the Storm team? I'm speechless.

Comment

Originally posted by Half time View Post
                  You've truly lost the plot
                  You can't lose something you never had to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                    Heard some rumours that if no premiership in 2018 that Craig Bellamy may be sounded out to Coach the Chooks to replace Robbo - As all know he was sounded out to coach the Chooks before but stuck with the Melbourne- Cam Smith is also off contract at end of 2018- It is looking more than likely that Cronk if he decides to play on will sign a 2 year deal with the Chooks as no other club has the cap space to sign him - Maybe a case of Cronk and Smith being re-united for one last season in 2019 at the Chooks??
                    Holy f**ken s**t. This is shaping up to be the stupidest off season yet.

You might as well have posted nothing. In my entire life i've never seen a RUMOUR so packed with if's, but's, maybe's.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

Holy f**ken s**t. This is shaping up to be the stupidest off season yet.

You might as well have posted nothing. In my entire life i've never seen a RUMOUR so packed with if's, but's, maybe's.
                      Did you ever think of a possibility of Cronk ever playing for the Roosters though-so what I post cannot be discounted as the drums are beating that Cronk will sign a 2 year deal. You can say this is rumours and if's I suppose but the board were not happy chappies after the meek surrender in the prelim finals when at least a GF appearance was expected - Uncle Nick is mid 70's and looking to retire on top and the next premiership could well be his swansong- Been after Bellamy before - Heard that if a change of coaches occurs and Bellamy is it - Adrian Lam will be the main assistant and then takeover from Bellamy - Lam is currently assistant Australian coach to Meninga.

Sticky had one bad year as coach after 3 consecutive GF appearances and 1 premiership(3 from 3 prelim finals wins though) and very early in 2006 Uncle Nick decided to chase Bennett to takeover as coach and to sack Sticky - Sticky has a far better coaching record than Robbo has in making GF's but was sacked- Sticky 3 from 3 in prelim finals in making GF's and one premiership- Robbo only 1 from 4 prelim final wins and one premiership-despite being minor premiers 3 times in a row and 2nd this year- should have been 4 GF appearances under Robbo.

One has to say Robbo will be under pressure in 2018 to deliver a premiership or he will be replaced.
                      Last edited by King Salvo; 10-19-2017, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
                        Smith is signed until the end of 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Did you ever think of a possibility of Cronk ever playing for the Roosters though-so what I post cannot be discounted as the drums are beating that Cronk will sign a 2 year deal. You can say this is rumours and if's I suppose but the board were not happy chappies after the meek surrender in the prelim finals when at least a GF appearance was expected - Uncle Nick is mid 70's and looking to retire on top and the next premiership could well be his swansong- Been after Bellamy before - Heard that if a change of coaches occurs and Bellamy is it - Adrian Lam will be the main assistant and then takeover from Bellamy - Lam is currently assistant Australian coach to Meninga.

Sticky had one bad year as coach after 3 consecutive GF appearances and 1 premiership(3 from 3 prelim finals wins though) and very early in 2006 Uncle Nick decided to chase Bennett to takeover as coach and to sack Sticky - Sticky has a far better coaching record than Robbo has in making GF's but was sacked- Sticky 3 from 3 in prelim finals in making GF's and one premiership- Robbo only 1 from 4 prelim final wins and one premiership-despite being minor premiers 3 times in a row and 2nd this year- should have been 4 GF appearances under Robbo.

One has to say Robbo will be under pressure in 2018 to deliver a premiership or he will be replaced.
                          All you need to do in your OP is replace ' i'm hearing that ' or ' i've heard some rumours that '
                          with
                          'i think that' or 'i'd like to see' .

Stop pretending to be getting insider information.

You sound like a wannabe Slothfield.

Everything else you've written is worth discussion, albeit its far fetched.

Comment

Boom tis, i can hear them drums too

Comment

We don’t pay $1m for a coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X