Score flattered the Titans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score flattered the Titans

i know we all left that game feeling down.

But having watched it again I think we weren't that bad.

There was around half a dozen bombed or disallowed tries. With a bit of luck it would have been a flogging.

I'm good with it.

But there is a real decision to be made with Maubs in the centres. Sure he is good in defence (much better than Manu) but you can't carry someone who can bomb a certain try like he can.

I suppose te ideal is that he swaps with Fergo as soon as we get te ball but then you have someone on the wing who can't finish those tight tries in the corner. If only Manu was one year further into his development.

Maubs holds the ball and he scores himself.

I love that our team is fearless in attack and will throw the the ball around. It has resulted in some amazing tries this year. I just wish they didn't attempt the razzle dazzle stuff all the time.
    Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

Toups will be back... Maubs for Manu? Otherwise the back row rotation gets stronger.

Comment

It was a noting game where the Titans weren't playing proper footy (all those stupid 10m kicks) and the refs felt overly sympathetic for a team that SHOULD have improved this season reather than going down the dunny can.

Not much we can take from it really. The Titans had a heap of odd tricks and the refs/touchie prevented the score from being 30-0 at half-time. If the commentators had their way then SST (AND MATTERSON) woulda been sent off. If truth prevailed, it was a fair tackle that (while tragic for the Titans) forced a knock-on from within our try scoring zone. Probably shoulda been a Roosters try...

Fergo in particular demonstrated that if the refs and opposition (including Hayne, Proctor and Taylor... say what you like, 3 of the best in the game) get dirty then he's still got his a heap of mongrel in him and can steal big metres outta nowhere.

With less than 10 to go we demonstrated that we can pile on te points in a short period of time, find composure when it counts and seal a win, regardless of what the refs want to result to be (which can be tough). Reminds me of 2013... eerily! We were expected to improve, but not to go as well as we did.

Comment

It may have a little but we were very poor. Their team was absolutely decimated by injuries and had nothing to play for, but the effort was there. In saying that, that flat performance will serve us well i think heading into this week Bring back Napa, Toops and i can't believe I'm going to say this, Guerra!! We will be on this week and we're morals

Comment

Dress it up how you like JT. We were poor. Complacent against a weak side like usual. Not too worried though as next week there won't be complacency and I expect we will show up prepared and ready.

Comment

Ferg swapped with Aubs to wing one time in the first half, i remember that .. before the shock took over.

Titans attacking Keary Latrell Manu's side was the stuff of nightmares. Shudder to think if it was against a better side. Hopefully we have seen the last of that combo forever.

Comment

Meh game. We rested players. They turned up to have a crack before mad monday, scored an intercept try, we had several disallowed. Has no bearing on next week when there'll be no complacency.

Comment

Also thought we were let off the hook big time by them losing Taylor at 6-16.... and Hayne forced to take those two short kick-offs

Comment

Trent thought that Keary, Latrell and Manu were going to have their way with Taylor, Pulu and Don. Hence Fergo saw absolutely no quality ball, with exception of Aubs stuff up. If Gordon plays short instead of setting Don up for his try it all prob looks bit different.. Alas roosters got what they deserved yesterday.

Comment

I thought the Titans were very brave yesterday they defended well and were unlucky to lose We dodged a bullet yesterday
                      We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                      Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Yesterday another minimalist effort sanctioned by Robbo resting Napa. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Comment

Yo agree with Uncle Toby yo. That was our so so game we had to have you know what im sayin. Onwards and upwards from here yo and we wernt that bad yo. Terrible officiating crueled us and we missed naps and che yo. Yeah we missed Guerra for realz yo

Comment

Yo JT the man, the freak and co,
                            I was not flat after we won the game ho.
                            Yo know whadda mean cat,
                            we only needed a one point win and besides dat..
                            Bro you know we generally get on a flo the week after a poor sho..
                            .yo hey yo ho...
                            Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 09-03-2017, 02:14 PM.
                            Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                            What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Round 26 has come and gone. They don't count anymore. They were just qualifying rounds for final spots, just like in car racing to see who gets pole position and a better start for the big race. Now a new competition starts, the race that counts. The Roosters are in second position on the grid. Not too bad considering the performance of the engine. It is a powerful one and if they get it right over the next couple of weeks, will be right ii it on Grand Final day. The team needs to click into gear and play like they have nothing to lose. The media have the Storm over they line already, as have some on here. Personally, I don't believe the Roosters have performed any near their best in attack all year. The best is yet to come.

Pearce to me needs to run the ball more in attack. Too many times you can see that he is going to shuffle the ball out wide even before he even gets it. No element of surprise for the opposition. At times I watch him and he is carrying on, waving his arms around and getting ready for the next tackle even though the current tackle has not even been completed. Stay alive Pearce and have faith that something is still on and please run the ball straight and take on the defence a little more and stop trying to be a conductor. The team needs more inside balls, as this stops the defence and puts them in two minds. If we keep shuffling the ball out wide, we are never going to trouble defensive lines. In saying that, I hope the team has something up their sleeves as they have played pretty simple attacking football all year, fairly conservative in my opinion.

As for Maubs, please just go in hard and low when that close to the line, instead of throwing miracle passes. Maybe we need to make some posters or scream 'Don't Pass' or similar ala Forrest Gump when he has the ball near the line. Keary and others can take note as well.

I think the best is yet to come.

Year of the Rooster!!
                              Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Working...
                              X