No announcement yet.

is the minor premiership possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For and against will also make it hard, and we probably need to win all six games to be MPs.
    If we beat Storm and lose one other game we're in with a fighting chance.
    If we lose to the Storm we're probably no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
      Yes possible. Would need to improve against the better sides though. The pattern this year has been beating up on the weaker teams, not so convincing against the other top 4 contenders. So that needs to change with games against Cowboys Manly Storm Sharks coming up.
      Yeah, the Broncos ran riot at Suncorp. A game I'd like to forget. The Sharks also made us look like a reserve grade outfit at Central Coast.
      Roosters For Ever

Comment

I would rather the coach rest players as necessary, instead of chasing a minor premiership that offers no more reward than finishing 2nd. Nobody cares for the minor prem as it offers no real incentive.

Comment

No, they're not playing well enough and without Friend, Gordon, Cordner (?) I just don't see it happening.
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
            I would rather the coach rest players as necessary, instead of chasing a minor premiership that offers no more reward than finishing 2nd. Nobody cares for the minor prem as it offers no real incentive.
            what he said .....but it would be nice to do just to rub it in.
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

It's entirely possible but means very little in context.

I just don't wanna come 4th and play the Storm at home in round 1 of the finals (then probably the Storm again in the preliminary finals IF we make it). Sometimes I reckon coming 5th is better than coming 4th coz you'll get a home final against #8 in round 1.

Our only chance at a premiership is one of two:
              1. The Storm choke and get knocked out earlier than expected
              2. We have a Sydney GF and get our game on

Comment

We've already had what I'd call a successful season, a top four spot will make it exceptional.
                Next year will be even better.

Comment

Considering the crap 2016 season, we have already exceeded my expectations this year.

Although we currently sit second on the table, we are still very inconsistent. We have a tough draw leading into the semis. Apart from the storm, no one else has been consistent all year. Injuries etc are the only thing stopping the storm winning the comp.

At full strength, and the stars aligning, anything is possible. Would love to be proven wrong, but 2018 looks more likely.

Comment

IT IS POSSIBLE. MANLY AND THE CHEATS PLAY EACH OTHER THIS WEEK. Then we play manly.
                    the shire v worriers without bbq.
                    the cheats the following week play canberra down there.
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

There's no great value in finishing 1st or 2nd under the current system. Have a look at 2015 for example. Our reward for finishing first was to have to play the Storm! Under the McIntyre system we would have had an easy kill against Saints and straight into the GF qualifier. If we can finish top 4 with all our players fit and healthy then we are a chance of going deep.

Comment

I couldn't give a **** about winning a minor premiership. Every year we win it then don't take out the GF is just an embarrassment.

if we take it out again and then fail again to win then gf it would be a huge mark against Robbo IMO being unable to get teams up for sudden death footy

Comment

Originally posted by PeeGee View Post

Yeah, the Broncos ran riot at Suncorp. A game I'd like to forget. The Sharks also made us look like a reserve grade outfit at Central Coast.
                          Yeah that's my fear... we haven't been competetive against any serious contenders.

However, when people bring up consistency, we've only lost 1 more game than the storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
                            I couldn't give a **** about winning a minor premiership. Every year we win it then don't take out the GF is just an embarrassment.

if we take it out again and then fail again to win then gf it would be a huge mark against Robbo IMO being unable to get teams up for sudden death footy
                            So Melbourne's Minor Premierships of 2011 and 2016 must make the 'great' Craig Bellamy's ability to get teams up also questionable?

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                              It's entirely possible but means very little in context.

I just don't wanna come 4th and play the Storm at home in round 1 of the finals (then probably the Storm again in the preliminary finals IF we make it). Sometimes I reckon coming 5th is better than coming 4th coz you'll get a home final against #8 in round 1.

Our only chance at a premiership is one of two:
                              1. The Storm choke and get knocked out earlier than expected
                              2. We have a Sydney GF and get our game on
                              If we lose to the Storm in week one, we wouldnt play them again unless we both meet up at the GF. Al la Manly and Roosters in 2013.
                              Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                              What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

So Melbourne's Minor Premierships of 2011 and 2016 must make the 'great' Craig Bellamy's ability to get teams up also questionable?
                                Didnt they also win the MP in 2008, or was it Manly?

If so it would be 3 MP's in which they didnt win the comp. Bellamy must be a total dud in Danish's eyes.
                                Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                                What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Working...
                                X