No announcement yet.

Roosters trying to re-sign Watson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick is helping John Quayle out big time.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Not quite as simple as that as sometimes he hasn't even taken the field or played few minutes and has played NSW Cup as well this season- I think most players would be happy to get adequate game time - sure some will play all 80 minutes always unless injured- but the issue is will he get this adequate game time though- next few weeks will tell whether he's picked as fullback or hooker in whether they want to retain him. He be leaving a strong club to go to clubs that are rebuilding and may not see finals footy for a while or during the duration of the contract he may sign with them - Tigers or Knights- Gussy says it could take Newcastle up to 8 to 10 years to be a force again- capable of winning a comp- ditto Tigers
      Gussy this, Gussy that....enough Gussy Salvo.

Comment

Rooster should chase ash taylor. Natural half great game managment and kicking game. Peace 6 and keary 9

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
          Rooster should chase ash taylor. Natural half great game managment and kicking game. Peace 6 and keary 9
          Where does Friend the captain play?

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Gussy this, Gussy that....enough Gussy Salvo.
            Never enough of Gussy -one of the real experts and by the way Watson is off to the Knights so no more mention of him - Robbo should drop him to NSW Cup for the rest of the year :-)

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby...hts/ar-BBEnPWn

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Mickey I think Keary is going great at 6 so I'd want to keep him there. It's refreshing to see him run and very entertaining.

Some on here are talking up Lam. I've seen him quite a lot this year in reserves and I don't see much potential.

Comment

Hi 13. On my own behalf, lam has wraps, as does O'Sullivan. SOS was fantastic the first game I saw. Both have a long way to go.
                my comment re Cornish signing a shorter term keeps pressure on lam but also doesn't squash his hopes and allows the club 12 more months to review option.
                neither player is the messiah but have talent and in Lam's case a solid grounding
                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Mickey I think Keary is going great at 6 so I'd want to keep him there. It's refreshing to see him run and very entertaining.

Some on here are talking up Lam. I've seen him quite a lot this year in reserves and I don't see much potential.
                  Not a nice kid either.

Comment

Originally posted by Waerea-Beast! View Post

Not a nice kid either.
                    Please explain wb. What's your experience?
                    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                      Hi 13. On my own behalf, lam has wraps, as does O'Sullivan. SOS was fantastic the first game I saw. Both have a long way to go.
                      my comment re Cornish signing a shorter term keeps pressure on lam but also doesn't squash his hopes and allows the club 12 more months to review option.
                      neither player is the messiah but have talent and in Lam's case a solid grounding
                      Hi. Neither Lam or SOS have come close to dominating 20s this year. And SOS is a very average goal kicker. 2 from 6 last week including a miss from in front. We drew 24-24 with Southsbuy would have won if SOS didn't miss from in front.

Comment

Good on Watson. Gives him the chance to build his career that he wont get here and also allows us to keep Cornish a bit longer who i suspect has better utility value

i am also a believer that it does the game no good to keep young talent hothoused at the strongest clubs. I want to see newcastle be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                          How long do you think Kearys shoulders will last at 9?
                          Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Ah he can go play for wyong . Hes slow and not creative enough. Sure he defends his arse off but is that enough? we have cordner. Pearce could play 9 also. Our biggest problem and nsw for that matter has always been polish on the end of sets. Ash taylor is the man behind a big pack would go to another level. Wayne bennett is wants him back at broncos

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post

How long do you think Kearys shoulders will last at 9?
                              Probably not long good point. Cam smith has the shoulders of a brown snake

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

Please explain wb. What's your experience?
                                Have played touch against him quite a few times, his behaviour is disgraceful.

Comment

Working...
                                X