Matto & Maubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matto & Maubs

1. Matterson, simply outstanding. I know he's been going good but was simply all quality today.
    2. Maubs, must play centre. We have a plethora of outstanding forwards and he is outstanding in defence out wide and improves the players D around him as well. His communication must be first class and he completely shuts down one side.

my man of the match today either maubs or flash

Comment

I think Matto is the heir apparent to Maubs' right edge spot. He has all the attributes.

Another fantastic piece of business by Sully.

And Aubo is just a Roosters legend. The ultimate pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        I think Matto is the heir apparent to Maubs' right edge spot. He has all the attributes.

Yes totally agree Tommy. Aubo a complete footballer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

I love how Matterson didn't force the pass today. Just was a big body committed to his line and bent the defence continously. Feeling super proud of the boys right now

Comment

All 3 deserved a win and would have it if it wasn't for too many unforced errors from silly young ego driven players.

Comment

I love Aubo and he is a great fill in centre but I'd prefer a genuine attacking weapon with speed in the centres.

Comment

matto maubs and collins all did awesome. gordo under the bombs is rock solid. all in all a disappointing loss but a good game spoiled but some unforced errors and some simply biased shameful reffing.
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Matto needs to be worked on. Has all the size and mobility but has forgone offload skills .He is a former 5/8th ...wheres Artie when you need him to train you?.
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                    Matto needs to be worked on. Has all the size and mobility but has forgone offload skills .He is a former 5/8th ...wheres Artie when you need him to train you?.
                    Matterson threw a classic offload to Latrell Mitchell in heavy traffic.

Matto just needs time, the skill set is already there.

Comment

Matto is a tank.

We're stacked in the back row for years to come. When Maubs retires we have a plethora of players ready to take his spot.

Matterson, Butcher, Radley, Knight and more, all there to accompany Cordner and SST.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                        matto maubs and collins all did awesome. gordo under the bombs is rock solid. all in all a disappointing loss but a good game spoiled but some unforced errors and some simply biased shameful reffing.
                        i was actually left quite disappointed in collins yesterday. Heaps of missed tackles and that error which killed our momentum. Hoping to see him in the future play many more games for us though and develop into a good bench player for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Matterson threw a classic offload to Latrell Mitchell in heavy traffic.

Matto just needs time, the skill set is already there.
                          He has to learn to carry Fear- Fear of not been tackled ,Fear of not getting caught with the ball ,Fear of losing ...etc This is what made Artie and SBW great Players.
                          For a big guy he tends to mostly run low needs to prop up a bit like Latrell does .Love to get in there and show him how
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

i was actually left quite disappointed in collins yesterday. Heaps of missed tackles and that error which killed our momentum. Hoping to see him in the future play many more games for us though and develop into a good bench player for us.
                            in 20 minutes collins did 13 tackles, missed 5 and ran 28 meters.

sst had 80 mins and did 28 tackles and missed 4

jwh in 60 mins 29 tackles missed 4

zane in 55 mins did 25 tackles missed 2

matto in 80 mins did 41 tackles missed 7.

we had 16 errors to their 8. our first try in my opinion was a try and their non knock on try wasnt a try.
                            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                              in 20 minutes collins did 13 tackles, missed 5 and ran 28 meters.

sst had 80 mins and did 28 tackles and missed 4

jwh in 60 mins 29 tackles missed 4

zane in 55 mins did 25 tackles missed 2

matto in 80 mins did 41 tackles missed 7.

we had 16 errors to their 8. our first try in my opinion was a try and their non knock on try wasnt a try.
                              Interesting stats but in my opinion missed tackles can be misleading. When a player runs across field and initiates contact with a palm so to speak, this is a missed tackle even though it rarely leads to anything.
                              I might be the odd one out but i think Collins went well in his first game. Matto was enormous and SST is simply a beast

Comment

Working...
                              X