No announcement yet.

Congratulations Boyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the great success story for a young man had two knee reconstructions and a broken jaw before he established himself in first grade. He has always given us everything he has through the good times and more importantly through the bad.

Great to see him as the captain well deserved for a young man who seems to have big dreams and the desire to make them a reality. Love that he has made every dream a reality through hard work.

Whilst not a rooster i am pleased he is paired up with another great player in a similar mold in Josh Jackson.

Comment

Congratulations Boyd , well done mate and very deserved ! Saw the interview on 7 with your dad and it's clear where you to see why you are so fair dinkum . Great times ahead Go the Blues !

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
        Thoroughly deserved. Awesome player and a proud achievement for him and the Roosters.
        Agreed. Really happy to see a new direction for us after many consecutive losses. I have no specific expectations, but am hopeful that Boyd will user in a new era of confidence/success.

Not questioning Gal's toughness but I think Boyd's smarter and less of a hot head. I suspect what we need is to chill a little and be more calm/logical rather than seeing Origin as a chance to get all emotional.

Moving forward I don't wanna jinx us but I think we have better stocks than QLD across the park. The time will come when QLD's 'big 3' retire and they are essentially Brisbane without the experienced forwards and Roberts (unless QLD can find a way to use him). NSW will have better players to choose from and some wise decision making could tip the pendulum in NSW's favour. Maybe not like what QLD have just had, but I think we'll gradually start to win more than our share (until QLD whinge and get the rules changed, to stop the threat of their fans switching off).

Comment

Great interview as NSW captain on the zero tackle site.
          Boyd looked relaxed and confident and handled the questions well.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
            Great interview as NSW captain on the zero tackle site.
            Boyd looked relaxed and confident and handled the questions well.
            Would be nice to see a little bit of fire though, said he has too much respect for QLD to start a slanging match, and I thought he should of defended Pearce's position when that dinosaur Ray Price showed his face at the hotel, after bagging him for being in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Would be nice to see a little bit of fire though, said he has too much respect for QLD to start a slanging match, and I thought he should of defended Pearce's position when that dinosaur Ray Price showed his face at the hotel, after bagging him for being in the team.
              Gall fired up a few times pre origin didnt really work, besides i dont believe all this crap that they all hate each other for origin theres so many team mates , fellow kangaroos etc most of them would have a beer after the game. Sure the game is played intensely so is finals football and i think the players enjoy it, i think cordner did the right thing not saying much personally , i mean napa and cordner are great mates,

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

Gall fired up a few times pre origin didnt really work, besides i dont believe all this crap that they all hate each other for origin theres so many team mates , fellow kangaroos etc most of them would have a beer after the game. Sure the game is played intensely so is finals football and i think the players enjoy it, i think cordner did the right thing not saying much personally , i mean napa and cordner are great mates,
                And that's why origin is not what it was. Do you really think that gallens comments were the inspiration for QLDs wins?

The day before origin, and players are talking about striking if they do not get a bigger cut of revenue? How much do they want to play a game, where previous players would play for free? I'm sure they don't offer money back to the club they play for because they couldn't play for them due to origin? They haven't even sold out Suncorp yet.

Comment

Its actually my most hated part of the season my club gets decimated, the whole comp becomes a lottery grrrrrr

Comment

Working...
                  X