No announcement yet.

Why we won

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guerra and Manu both terrible defenders, cost us both tries against us with piss weak defence, Taki is getting better with each game under his belt, Cords is amazing, will be NSW captain for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
      Widdop off kind of made up for all the 50/50s that went against us.

I said kind of because the calls were so one sided.

Both of the Dragons tries came from tackles any side should be making at the top level, first Guerra and then Carter & SKD. It's not like the Dragons were creating a whole lot.

I thought the Dragons were on top for the first 15 minutes of the game but then we got control back from there on. Just lacked strike in attack. No Aubo and Latrell hurt.

EXACTLY R6, AND PAY BACK FOR LAST YEARS STITCH UP ALSO.
      Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
        I just don't get why we continue with the dumb mistakes. They absolutely kill us . And Carter did come up with some good hits but it was a poor effort on McDonald. He was first to miss him. When you are that fresh there is no excuse for missing that so badly.
        Guerra missed tackle was horrid.
        So happy for Pearce. Geez he hit that well.
        When looking at mistakes you sometimes have to give credit to the other team. The saints were going to the right hard in the first 40 mins. Players are fit but everyone's human. The fact they only scored 6 with some dubious calls, well maybe we have to accept that we won't be perfect. The Saints were no Knights.

Comment

Originally posted by Chooksforme View Post
          Guerra and Manu both terrible defenders, cost us both tries against us with piss weak defence, Taki is getting better with each game under his belt, Cords is amazing, will be NSW captain for sure.
          I thought Napa and JWH were much improved too, seem to be starting to hit their straps.

I seem to be the only one on here but I love what Kane has offered off the bench this year too.

Comment

And don't forget the ridiculous forward pass call on Fergos try....definitely hands backwards....god I hate those calls thank goodness it didn't cost us the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chooksforme View Post

How did Manu cost us any tries? He was nowhere near the play when either try was scored.

I didn't think Saints were going to overrun us at any stage. They were very good in the first 20 and then I thought we were on top for the rest of the first half, particularly in the middle. JWH ran for 146m, Liu for 101m, Tauks 113m, Napa 126m. Cords was outstanding with 204m. Considering the ball they had and the calls that went their way, the Dragons should have been up by more at half time.

Also, what was the go with delaying the restart for Widdop to get his knee strapped? We had just got our 3rd set in a row and all advantage was lost because of that

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                And don't forget the ridiculous forward pass call on Fergos try....definitely hands backwards....god I hate those calls thank goodness it didn't cost us the game.
                Aahh, now that my boy is the reason corrupt ex-cop and chief manager of game managers, Tony Archer, made his special announcement condemning a marginal pass that helped us beat Penruff. Now everything even close will be disallowed for us as long as he da boss...

Comment

Don't know about that as Gordon didn't realise he had broken the tackle to keep going to score - Dragons scored next set of six- Second Dragons try - Carter had his dummy half pass knocked down which happens - Dragons kick in the next set and we get back the ball back and Guerra lost the ball which was knocked out by a Dragons defender as happens often - Next set Dragons score - Need to defend our errors better - The Fergo no try - Takes me back to the Solomona pass to Mini and onto Cross to score against Newcastle in prelim final in 2000 in the second half to put us in front- similar pass - The video ref could adjudicate on forward passes in those days and they reviewed it countless times before eventually awarding it- we had three try scoring opportunities pulled up in the first half for "forward" passes- see below for the Solomona pass- 3:30 or so mark for Crossy's try - as I said similar pass to Keary's to Fergo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yETSO-Rrtus

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                    Injury to Widdop, no other reason.
                    Happy we won but gee we're off the mark. I thought our Pigs got owned. They were so aggresive and fast, we looked soft
                    Also TR bringing Carter on at that stage of the game, ridiculous, nearly coast us the game.
                    You are right sir.

Comment

Cant agree.. They had a 100 more tackles in the first half and we shouldve scored 2 tries... We easily got on top second hslf and shouldve score two more... Bith teams defended well.. Overal we were the best side one defence lapse almost cost us the game.. Cords and pearce were great
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Happy we won but gee we're off the mark. I thought our Pigs got owned. They were so aggresive and fast, we looked soft
                        Also TR bringing Carter on at that stage of the game, ridiculous, nearly coast us the game.
                        Did you see who owned Widdop ? Every kick and the tackle where he got his injury- the Pens whipping boy .

The Pigs did look to fade in and out at times just didn't handle the up tempo attack or the off load really well , but often recovered well.

Am still perplexed by the timing of Carters injection and yes it did nearly cost us as he had no time to get into the game

Comment

was it Nappa that hit Dugan which resulted ina head clash with Cords on ya Naps if it was
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Wrong on most counts there. They could only score one try in the first half with Widdop on the field and 59% of the ball. And laughable to suggest our forwards were soft and got owned. Another one who must have been at the wrong game

Comment

Totally agree & I was sitting in line with it on the western side & was cheering for joy & couldnt believe that it was disallowed.

Comment

I have never liked the drifting forward excuse because it then has to be a quick call from the touchy or ref on how the hands were which is 50-50 and you don't want them to get it wrong, like this one. To me I believe Keary passed backwards but the ball drifted forward BUT to eliminate any doubt, I prefer the rule that if it goes forward, it's forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X