Wyong Roos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyong Roos

What's happening to the Roos next year... something to do with Newcastle?

what have your heard -

Comment

the knaughts are looking at taking over the roos district into their area. (under the country rugby league banner.) we have them for another year i believe. I cant find the news article about us trying to hold both the jets and the roos. The nsw rl canned the idea and we relinquished the jets deal for the roos. (smart really) now if the nswrl do increase the area the roos will fall into their catchment. This is the last year of city country so i think this is why the district areas are being moved around possibly.
      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

It was a 3 year deal with a 3 year option I recall - Roosters have put a lot of effort and money into this to let Newcastle just take it over though

Comment

stuff newcastle hang onto them and let the crl run out!unless newcastle want to play in the crl?

Comment

This is an extract from a Fox Sports report by Dan Walsh. I'm not sure how this affects our deal with Wyong or even if this is actually going ahead.

"From 2018 the NRL is expected to save millions by scrapping the controversial youth competition that many see as placing undue pressure on the game’s young talent.
            In its place the NSW and Queensland based competitions will be expanded to feature up to 16 clubs each.
            NRL outfits will be encouraged to form feeder club associations with two teams from which to draw young talent, a move aimed to encourage junior development over poaching players once another club has invested heavily in them.
            The current reserve grade competitions in each state will officially become the game’s second tier, with investment from NRL clubs expected to reflect this."

Comment

I just think this means the Roostars become our Reserve grade team and play before us on match days. Too simplistic?
              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

There are a couple of things to understand. The agreement with the Wyong Roos to play NSW Cup for us and the association between the Roosters and Central coast juniors are very different things.
                The central coast junior clubs hate Newcastle because of how they have raped and pillaged their juniors previously.
                There was a fellow that helped set up the relationship with Roosters and Central coast juniors who did a fantastic job. He recently resigned due to the newly installed country league employee that was brought in to oversee everything. From what I hear the CRL guy is not to be trusted and could destroy everything for the central coast juniors
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                  There are a couple of things to understand. The agreement with the Wyong Roos to play NSW Cup for us and the association between the Roosters and Central coast juniors are very different things.
                  The central coast junior clubs hate Newcastle because of how they have raped and pillaged their juniors previously.
                  There was a fellow that helped set up the relationship with Roosters and Central coast juniors who did a fantastic job. He recently resigned due to the newly installed country league employee that was brought in to oversee everything. From what I hear the CRL guy is not to be trusted and could destroy everything for the central coast juniors
                  Its not Dave Turrel thats back is it for CRL?
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Considering our lack of juniors I can only hope that the Club is treating this issue seriously and are directing serious resources to get the best outcome..NOW not when the horse has bolted. It would be great if someone with 'inside' info would shed some light on this.

Comment

Working...
                    X