No announcement yet.

SST - the cavalry is back just in time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SST - the cavalry is back just in time.

In other news, Latrell dropped.

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
    In other news, Latrell dropped.

SST another week away, Latrell now thats a surprise, Carter will be in the 17, expect a positional change also

Comment

Is there more going on with Latrell than we know? Is this a case of the coach resting a 19 year old kid to ease the pressure? Is it his knees? I really can't see how Latrell has played poorly enough to be dropped. Two weeks ago he was being touted as a SOO bolter. I'm confused.

Comment

He's played pretty much every game since debuting in that schmozzle last year, which you could argue was perhaps a season to soon, didn't he come straight from NYC?

Hopefully it's no more sinister than giving him a week off to refresh the brain box

Comment

I hope Manu can defend better on the left?????

Also, I wonder what the truth is behind Latrell. Something is not quite right at Bondi Junction.

Can someone please post the team. Is Connor on the Bench. If carter gets a run who misses out?

I guess the players themselves are curious who will be in the final 17.

One more, why is SKD still in the team? He and Guerra are very very luck Robbo loves em. Guerra has been ok but surely we have impact players ready to go.

How many named in the first group this week 28....lol
          Roosters For Ever

Comment

its fairly clear to see the last couple of weeks Latrell is mentally struggling to stay emotionally connected in game, it almost looks like he doesn't want to be there.

I just hope whatever is up he is given the appropriate help/time to start to feel comfortable within himself again.

some kids just need time to mentally adjust to being in the spotlight of the NRL, also some can't adjust to the huge amount of time/dedication required to be an elite sportsmen, going from relying on natural ability and just having fun to it being your career can be a huge adjustment.
            Last edited by fletch; 04-11-2017, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Perhaps there was a dummy spit about being taken off and this is his punishment.
              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

21-MAN SQUAD
                1. Michael Gordon
                2. Daniel Tupou
                3. Joseph Manu
                4. Blake Ferguson
                5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
                6. Luke Keary
                7. Mitchell Pearce
                8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
                9. Jake Friend (c)
                10. Isaac Liu
                11. Boyd Cordner (c)
                12. Mitchell Aubusson
                13. Aidan Guerra

INTERCHANGE
                14. Kane Evans
                15. Zane Tetevano
                16. Ryan Matterson
                17. Connor Watson

18. Paul Carter
                19. Lindsay Collins
                22. Jayden Nikorima
                23. Sio Siua Taukeiaho
                Last edited by Waylander; 04-11-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

He has a natural right foot step. It doesn't make sense.

Goes to show how thin we are out wide.

SKD is lucky not to be playing for Wyong. Very lucky.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I'm disappointed in the dropping of Mitchell , but ......
                    He has been off since the Penrith game when he kicked the ball out twice off the kick off , then his slapping the ball down in lazy defence etc is really frustrating to watch.
                    Then he couldn't even get past Hunt on one leg , so there must be issues we dont know about.

But bloody hell it's disappointing

Comment

Latrell has been struggling all year. Yeah sure he looks great on the end of Kearey 3 sets of of 30+ every game. But outside of those try scoring opportunities and the very last play of the Penrith game (where he was there to effect a tackle in closing seconds from opposite edge) his energy in games is horrendous.

Comment

lower the expectation on taukeiaho return he's coming back from a serious injury and people keep looking for stories and drama a player got dropped he can come bask better next time

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                          its fairly clear to see the last couple of weeks Latrell is mentally struggling to stay emotionally connected in game, it almost looks like he doesn't want to be there.

I just hope whatever is up he is given the appropriate help/time to start to feel comfortable within himself again.

some kids just need time to mentally adjust to being in the spotlight of the NRL, also some can't adjust to the huge amount of time/dedication required to be an elite sportsmen, going from relying on natural ability and just having fun to it being your career can be a huge adjustment.
                          I think it's no coincidence that LM has dropped off at the same time as all the Tedesco talk has heated back up over the last few weeks. I think he still saw his long term future at fullback not centre. If Tedesco signs there may be a doubt over his long term future with us, I'm sure there would be a few clubs willing to offer him his favoured position.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis Rooster View Post
                            Is there more going on with Latrell than we know? Is this a case of the coach resting a 19 year old kid to ease the pressure? Is it his knees? I really can't see how Latrell has played poorly enough to be dropped. Two weeks ago he was being touted as a SOO bolter. I'm confused.
                            A rest from injuries, played poorly last two matches, ...just having a battery recharge with Trent as coach...my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post

I think it's no coincidence that LM has dropped off at the same time as all the Tedesco talk has heated back up over the last few weeks. I think he still saw his long term future at fullback not centre. If Tedesco signs there may be a doubt over his long term future with us, I'm sure there would be a few clubs willing to offer him his favoured position.
                              Agree.

Hope we don't stuff this one up like we did with 'Maloney'.

Latrell should be FB...that's his position.
                              Ne needs to become excellent at catching high bombs, and goalkicking.

Comment

Working...
                              X