Mason - Fall down after fall down [GO AWAY]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mason - Fall down after fall down [GO AWAY]

Has anybody noticed that big Willie runs at the line and then falls over. He gets to the defense and literally stops or something. Its as if he doesn't know what to do. I mean he was the biggest player on the field yesterday and he got smashed, knocked on by the smallest in COOTE. WHY COULDN'T HE RUN OVER HIM ! IM SURE ITS NOT AN INJURY HE IS JUST CRAP ! If it was any other player they would have scored but MASON. !!!! WTF. A former Australian player shouldn't do that. There are so many player out there that are willing to run hard for the price he gets paid.

I REALLY THINK ALL HE WANTS THE THE MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. HE LITERALLY DOESN'T WANT TO HURT HIMSELF OR SOMETHING.

ITS SO FRUSTRATING. HE HAS TO GO !
    Last edited by tricolourchook; 05-24-2009, 02:12 PM.

I don't think it comes down to 1-off performances.
    Mason plays well when the whole team plays well... nobody no matter who they are can just run through a professional rugby team like the incredible hulk or something.

Sure he's big, but he needs good tactics and team play in order to score. He needs the team to have lots of possession, and the little guys to be making some magic holes in the defence.

Sure... the Pamfers did get a 108m try near the end... but that wasn't because the guy was huge, it was because our defence was really crap. That's the 1st time I've ever seen a team go over the line for the try, have the ball stolen, and then see a try being scored after a 108m run.

You can't expect Mason to pull off miracles like that on his own, particularly when we're struggling to even get possession in their 1/2.

Comment

Originally posted by sirgamble View Post
      I don't think it comes down to 1-off performances.
      Mason plays well when the whole team plays well... nobody no matter who they are can just run through a professional rugby team like the incredible hulk or something.

Sure he's big, but he needs good tactics and team play in order to score. He needs the team to have lots of possession, and the little guys to be making some magic holes in the defence.

Sure... the Pamfers did get a 108m try near the end... but that wasn't because the guy was huge, it was because our defence was really crap. That's the 1st time I've ever seen a team go over the line for the try, have the ball stolen, and then see a try being scored after a 108m run.

You can't expect Mason to pull off miracles like that on his own, particularly when we're struggling to even get possession in their 1/2.

Spot on, you saw last night when pearce put mason through a hole, thats what we need, following that we need players supporting a player like mason when he makes breaks like that, if he gets the offload to a supporting player, we would have scored.

Simple plays like that are ones to build off, pearce putting mason through a hole, with perrett or SKD in support, thats a play we can score many off.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Yeah, but I reckon our support play has been shit for at least 3 years, if not more. That's through changes of coach too. Players making a bust and having no back up is all part and parcel of the pop-gun attack that we seem to have dug for ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
          Spot on, you saw last night when pearce put mason through a hole, thats what we need, following that we need players supporting a player like mason when he makes breaks like that, if he gets the offload to a supporting player, we would have scored.

Simple plays like that are ones to build off, pearce putting mason through a hole, with perrett or SKD in support, thats a play we can score many off.

I can't agree with either of you here..

The money Mason is on dictes that he shouldn't have to rely on a 20 year old 1/2 to put him through holes..

With his size he should be creating havoc on the fringes or wider..

Unfortunately his salary also means he should be starting (even though he is best as an impact player)..

Mason has been a dud buy..

3 or 4 good games in 18 months..

Comment

Originally posted by STIMPY U IDIOT View Post
            Yeah, but I reckon our support play has been shit for at least 3 years, if not more. That's through changes of coach too. Players making a bust and having no back up is all part and parcel of the pop-gun attack that we seem to have dug for ourselves.
            thats what i am getting at, if the commitment and confidence was there in the team and the gameplan, plays like the one i mentioned would be working because there would be the urgency from the support players to actually get there and back up the player.

Urgency and enthusiasim.

Another example where it was lacking, the kick chase when jennings scored the long range try. that could have been stopped if our chase was decent. o'meleys arm was the only thing in jennings' way..................that was never going to stop him.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
            To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
            At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
            Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
            The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Willie should have a look at the way beaver played.

Comment

Originally posted by Horrie Is God View Post
                I can't agree with either of you here..

The money Mason is on dictes that he shouldn't have to rely on a 20 year old 1/2 to put him through holes..

With his size he should be creating havoc on the fringes or wider..

Unfortunately his salary also means he should be starting (even though he is best as an impact player)..

Mason has been a dud buy..

3 or 4 good games in 18 months..

100% spot on.

Comment

Working...
                X