The biggest problem at our club....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The biggest problem at our club....

is our culture. Has been for years. We think we can just buy good players and we will do well. But we buy too many and the wrong players. We dont try to put together a group of players who make a "team".

The exception was the early 2000's where we had alot of young guys who came through coupled with some experienced players who werent big names with ego's but great team players.

I have mentioned this before in my rants but I have spent alot of time with the Dolphins and seen them win many Qld cups with not the best players but the best team.

I hate to say it but we need to follow the Bulldogs lead and bring younsters through and couple them with buying players who will make a great culture and a great team.

What's the difference between this season and last though? Whatever the squad did over the off-season stunk, we seem 5 times slower at basics like playing the damn ball.......it's sad.

Comment

A champion team will always beat a team of champions. You can't buy a winning culture.

Comment

thats the thing, last season we were able to do what we do and get us into the top 4.

Now it looks like we can barley make the top 4 in group 12 of the country league !

All confidence has gone, confidence in self, the team, the coach and the club !

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
        To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
        At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
        Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
        The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
          thats the thing, last season we were able to do what we do and get us into the top 4.

Now it looks like we can barley make the top 4 in group 12 of the country league !

All confidence has gone, confidence in self, the team, the coach and the club !
          Surprisingly around the same time our captain was demoted and a so-called new and improved captain took over.

I was never a big fan of Fitzy as a captain but fark me since the new blokes taken over we have gone backwards, excuse the pun.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

i remember a famous speech my coach gave to us once...

at 99 degrees water is hot...
            at 100 degrees it boils...
            and with boiling water comes steam..
            and steam can power an engine
            one degree makes all the difference...
            that one degree of difference seperates the good from the great...

atm we are on -50 degrees!!!!!
            last year we had the extra degree of effort in us, and that is the difference between us this year and last. without that effort from everyone no engine is going to start running!! we are not producing steam this year we are getting steamed!!

Comment

Its a boring one dimensional game plan that never changes. The players know it and its driven them to despair.
              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
              sigpic

Comment

Its still basically the same team as 2008 which is mind boggling..

I have mentioned before we have bought too many "superstars" who arent performing..

Buying all the Bulldogs (5 now in our team tonight) has bitten us bad and put us in a difficult position in terms of our salary cap.. We also bought Charlie Tonga from them a few years ago another flop..

Recruitment/Retention is a distaster.. If we look at all the players we have let go recently they are all performing well in opposition teams eg Hannant, Soward, Winterstein, Lstrange, Hall & thats just off the top of my head..
                Last edited by redrooster; 05-23-2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

btw... that was our biggest lost to the panthers..... ever

Comment

But those same players have had to play the same crap game plan, (and I put money on them knowing that its crap) week in weekout, no wonder they might look flat and disinterested
                    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                      But those same players have had to play the same crap game plan, (and I put money on them knowing that its crap) week in weekout, no wonder they might look flat and disinterested
                      Are they flat though? They just seem genuinely slower at the basics to me - bordering on unfit. (which was questioned with our second half perfomances last season as well) We are way way off the pace in more areas than the ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                        Are they flat though? They just seem genuinely slower at the basics to me - bordering on unfit. (which was questioned with our second half perfomances last season as well) We are way way off the pace in more areas than the ladder.
                        Thats KB's point, nothing is being done to fix it, we have kept the same game plan, we have not changed, it has not worked, there is no confidence in any system at the club !!!

Freddy is lost as head coach, his support staff is also as lost as he is. !

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                        To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                        At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                        Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                        The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

i think the game has moved on from freddy and lam and they style they played.
                          freddy is trying to incoporate the style of football that the roosters played in the early 2000's.
                          the game back them was dominated by strength and agression, not speed and versatility as it is now. fitness was not AS important as it is now today. This explains the dominance of mason, orge n anasta back in that day at teh bulldogs.
                          like i said the game has moved on from then - freddy needs to move on aswell

Comment

Well well!

Comment

From wooden spoon to 3 premierships in 10yrs.

Luckily we started buying the right players, Maloney,SBW,Jennings,JWH then keary,Cronk,Tedesco SST.

even Freddy has now won two origin series as coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X