Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** the NRL!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/s...512-1ektz.html

THE NRL is prepared to open up to the Roosters' previously unseen documents related to salary-cap auditor Ian Schubert's report into Melbourne's cap breaches, turning up the heat on the club's embattled recruitment manager, Peter O'Sullivan.

O'Sullivan, who formerly headed the Storm's recruiting, was implicated in Schubert's report, with NRL chief executive David Gallop maintaining yesterday that he was guilty of ''serious and persistent past misconduct''.

Gallop's comments came as a result of what he saw as the Roosters' hasty decision to insist O'Sullivan would keep his job, despite being named in the report.

Advertisement: Story continues below Gallop spoke with Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce yesterday, as all 16 club bosses met at NRL headquarters, and urged him to view the documents which led to the piecing together of the 136-page report, which claimed O'Sullivan was involved in the cap cheating.

''Having spoken to Steve Noyce again [yesterday], I'm hopeful that he will take the time to meet with Ian Schubert and perhaps our solicitor, Tony O'Reilly, so that he fully understands the report and he can read the accompanying documents as well,'' Gallop said.

Noyce had said O'Sullivan would not be investigated further as the report did not recommend he be axed. Frustrated by the haste of those statements, Gallop yesterday issued a strongly worded statement to put pressure on the club to act. It stated that the NRL's legal advice was that the report could not recommend O'Sullivan be sacked, but the strong suggestion was that the game's officialdom believe he should be.

''On legal advice, there is no specific recommendation in relation to Peter O'Sullivan, just as we have not recommended the two former financial controllers be sacked by their current employers," Gallop said. "The findings in the report relate to activities at the Storm and each party is now under an employment contract with another party.

"However, in relation to Mr O'Sullivan, that should not be taken to be the end of the issue.

"The report discloses serious and persistent past misconduct on his part and it would seem that he had not informed the Roosters of that at the time they employed him.

"We expect the Roosters to discuss with the NRL this employee's future once they have digested the report. The findings against him are serious and cannot be ignored."

Schubert wrote in the document which was released on Wednesday: ''Peter O'Sullivan has informed me that he has nothing to disclose about the salary-cap cheating that went on during his time at the Storm. He says he was not involved in it and that everything he did was approved by [chief executive] Brian Waldron. This, regrettably, is not the conclusion that I have reached from the documents I have reviewed.''

The report said O'Sullivan helped Waldron, pinned as the architect of the $3.8 million in cap breaches, ''set in train the wholesale cheating''.

O'Sullivan declined to comment when contacted last night.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Bring it on you four eye'd news limited prick.

This could be just the thing we need to get our season back on track. Circle the wagons, fark em all!!

Chook.

They should open the books on what Gallop knew about the Bulldogs rorts, and why the NRL were so inconsistent in their treatment of the Storm and the Bulldogs.

Comment

blood is thicker than water. Schuey wouldn't bust Easts

Comment

well then we should have nothing to fear

Comment

The way to hurt these ****ers is to get this season back on track and win the whole thing. They stopped us last year but how can they keep doing that so blatantly? we must shove it up them, them off the field and on it.
          Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

The whole thing is a joke

Get an independent report from an independent auditor and then open it up to the world. What is News and their handmaiden Gallop hiding?

Comment

Whil we are at it, lets open up the books on the dodgy Broncos seasons past

Comment

i think an independant audit of every nrl club is in order, watch those scumdogs and mergers run to brisvegas! even poor old souths will be shitting bricks?

Comment

The Roosters HAVE taken action against POS, they told him "don't get caught next time". That is enough.....

Comment

I steal deliberately from Rage Against The Machine with the following.

**** you I won't do what you tell me!!!
                    **** YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X