• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press conference

FULL VIDEO:
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=..._1227310017976

Robinson:

"We missed a couple of opportunities that we could have finished off and gone 16-10 but not the case and cost us the game"

"On a normal weekend both teams win if they play that way"

"Feels like we're competing against other teams who are playing their best footy and I feel like we're playing some good footy and not far away from a good run"

"We didn't get any penalties in the second half...we had to work for everything we got...we had a knock on from Mitchell and missed an opportunity to score one in the corner with Nene. We missed one or two opportunities in the game to get it done and thats all it took tonight."

"(JWH) Yeah a pec strain, not sure...To not go back on doesn't bode well but we'll see in the next couple of days."

Jake Friend did not speak

I would also like to hijack my post to bring attention to this off the final short kickoff: https://vine.co/v/ezjZOiVqvbx

Finds him out, blocks him off and the ball is caught uncontested. All I can say is lucky I am so loyal to the club itself or I would be done with League. Its just so broken.
    Last edited by rooster_booster; 04-19-2015, 12:06 AM.

Soft, he needs to grow a set of brass nuts and unleash, it is blatantly obvious for all to see

Comment

Very short press conference, for some reason the media do not want to point out the lack of penalties? If that was Bellamy or Toovey they would have asked for an opinion on it, selective reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowzy View Post
        Very short press conference, for some reason the media do not want to point out the lack of penalties? If that was Bellamy or Toovey they would have asked for an opinion on it, selective reporting.

Melbourne media mate, not much down there in the way of NRL

Comment

Originally posted by rooster_booster View Post

Melbourne media mate, not much down there in the way of NRL
          Yeah whatcha gonna do ay? No use complaining this season IMO... after what happened to the Doggies, the NRL's out there to keep a tight, unified shop that backs the integrity of their officials 100%.

Can see where they're coming from, however, IMO a big part of the game for fans is analysing the key plays and fans educating themselves about the rules.

I haven't played league for 20 years and that was as a kid. I'm no expert... this is why I think tough decisions need to be explained to me.

IMO refs should take on a theme and discuss it in 5-10 mins for each game with coaches able to ask questions (without fear of retribution.) The theme for tonight coulda been knock-ons v strips. What's the key difference? What do refs look for? Were all the calls correct?

Sure it would be overly harsh for the refs to have their heads on a dart board after the game. However, why not include them in some kind of educational segment where coaches can ask fair questions and gain clarification for their coaching/development? If coaches use the opportunity to attack the refs personally then fine them... but IMO asking them to explain a couple of key decisions for educational purposes isn't unreasonable.

Comment

The whole ****ing mansgement is soft I truly hope they are happy when we finish a glorious 9th Weak merkins
            We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
            Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Yes but at least we can hold our heads for being a team that doesn't play for penalties. We can hold our heads high all the way to mad Monday by August.
              At this stage, Trent will be a one GF coach....much like the maligned Sticky, though he got us to 3 GF's
              Last edited by ROC181; 04-19-2015, 01:46 AM.

Comment

I am actually amazed the coach mentioned the fact that his team didn't receive any penalties in the second half.
                Andrew Walker, that's disappointing to hear that Roosters management won't do anything about the penalty situation despite the facts backing them up.
                ROC181, let's hope it doesn't come to that though I do get the sentiment and am similarly ambivalent about the high moral ground.
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                X