Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roosters.. Leed the Team out last home game..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosters.. Leed the Team out last home game..

Must be u/16 years, what a buzz would be a great opportunity and never forgotten by the kid..

Bidiing starts at $400, WTF? So only a family with the biddest $$$ gets the opportunity?

Both my boys are both members and there's no way I could afford +$400 bucks on top of an 8 hour return trip and expenses for the opporunity.

This system is not great and all Roosters members u/16 years should go into a draw for the opportunity.

My young fella's are aware of the opportunity and we are going to the game, how do you tell a young Roosters member that he can't put his name in the hat because the club he loves is only going to give the opportunity to someone prepared to pay +$400?

Just that,, Thoughts?

I'm far from a whinger but this is rubbish..

Originally posted by turk-283 View Post
    Must be u/16 years, what a buzz would be a great opportunity and never forgotten by the kid..

Bidiing starts at $400, WTF? So only a family with the biddest $$$ gets the opportunity?

Both my boys are both members and there's no way I could afford +$400 bucks on top of an 8 hour return trip and expenses for the opporunity.

This system is not great and all Roosters members u/16 years should go into a draw for the opportunity.

My young fella's are aware of the opportunity and we are going to the game, how do you tell a young Roosters member that he can't put his name in the hat because the club he loves is only going to give the opportunity to someone prepared to pay +$400?

Just that,, Thoughts?

I agree. the kids should be taken from local primary school rugby league teams, and they should have 4 or 5 each year. they don't need to pay.

Comment

i always thought being an easts fan was about passion and heart , but appareently it just about money? that saddens me!

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1 View Post
        I agree. the kids should be taken from local primary school rugby league teams, and they should have 4 or 5 each year. they don't need to pay.
        Mate, I recon any kid who is a member should be entitled for his/her loyalty and support...

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
          i always thought being an easts fan was about passion and heart , but appareently it just about money? that saddens me!
          Link; http://www.roosters.com.au/news-disp...e-Season/82504

Comment

Such a great experience for kids, sure a bit of cash grab but the club does this all year for free

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
              Such a great experience for kids, sure a bit of cash grab but the club does this all year for free
              Didn't know that mate, we are members both boys and myself..and have been for years and have never seen this advertised by the club Not questioning you mate..

Comment

Originally posted by turk-283:327566

Just that,, Thoughts?

That's pretty disgraceful mate if true.

The club has supporters from all socio economic backgrounds and Australia wide geographically..

Not all cosy eastern suburbs types.

Needs a bit more explanation this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                  That's pretty disgraceful mate if true.

The club has supporters from all socio economic backgrounds and Australia wide geographically..

Not all cosy eastern suburbs types.

Needs a bit more explanation this one.
                  http://www.roosters.com.au/news-disp...e-Season/82504

Comment

normally someone having a tough time

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
                      normally someone having a tough time
                      That is what should happen, if not a loyal member... Not the to highest bidder, Surely the club doesn't need the $$

Comment

Give it to a kid with cancer who's not going to live long enough to see another home game... some kid like that who's going to inspire our boys.

Better than some random Richy Rich getting to do it. Seriously, with the club's budget, why do they need to stack on a few grand over this? I call for a boycott...

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                          Give it to a kid with cancer who's not going to live long enough to see another home game... some kid like that who's going to inspire our boys.

Better than some random Richy Rich getting to do it. Seriously, with the club's budget, why do they need to stack on a few grand over this? I call for a boycott...
                          I'll scour the oncology ward at work to find a kid with an end stage neuroblastoma that we can drag out for the day.
                          SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I'll go as far as saying, that if this happens we won't be renewing our memberships.. Not all fans are financial suppoerters, There's plenty of family's that can't afford to go to a game or memberships but follow the Roosters on TV and the Roosters website, they should have every opportunity as well.

Comment

they do

Comment

Working...
                              X