Match Day thread-Roosters vs Tigers Monday night at Allianz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
    According to Todd Greenburg, you shouldn't be talking about these things. The important thing is "growing the game", "ensuring there is a good contest" and generally improving the product offered in a competitive sporting landscape.

The referees play their part in this e.g. 9-2 penalty counts in front of one team towns like Newcastle; or 10-3 penalty counts to Souths (and ensuring the Roosters lose at least one more game) to ensure the last round has a blockbuster game for the Minor Premiership.
    Well if that the green man's attitude/policy then I have some bad news for him.
    All that will happen is that his product will have fewer and fewer sales.

He'd be far better off having fair contests...fans don't mind losing fairly and squarely...what they hate and despise is being 'robbed'.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post
      It wasnt our home game anyway so doesn't really matter, even if it was our home game, dont think it would of got 12000. Monday night, cold, away game and playing a crap team. People are waiting for rd26 and the finals now. Titans game will be lucky to get 10k too.
      Our club is offering members free extra tickets,and all kids admitted free in the hope of attracting 25k for this game...

Comment

• Originally posted by spanner View Post
        Our club is offering members free extra tickets,and all kids admitted free in the hope of attracting 25k for this game...
        im all for that. sunday arvo, last home game of the year before finals. im assuming the members get free tickets thing is GA, so is there a limit to how many?
        actually don't worry, I probably got an email about it.

Comment

• Maloneys going well, 10 from 10.If he had scored 6 trys as well and kicked another 5 goals he would have broken one of Dave Browns Records.What pisses me off is hardly anyone's heard of Brown.Yet there are statues of every tom dick and harry popping up outside every footy ground in the country and yet none of these players came even remotely close to his feats on the field.Where is Dave Browns Statue commemorating the greatest player to lace on a boot? Bradmans test record will never be broken neither will Browns in rugby league.One is revered they even minted a coin to commemorate his feats on the cricket field.Wheres Browns coin?Wheres his statue?Who the f**ks Dave Brown is the response i get when i tell people that their heroes like slater ,Langlands,
          and Churchill don't even come remotely close to him in comparison. Its time this was rectified in some way by the club imo.

Comment

Working...
          X