Mitchell Pearce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell Pearce

Mitchell Pearce is annoying as well. It seems as though all he wants is to prove everyone wrong about Origin and he isn't doing a great job at that either. He didn't do much in game 1 and he sure as hell couldn't put the Warriors to sleep when we were camped in their 20 in the 2nd half. I'd give anything to have a match winning no 7.

Originally posted by Bronte Chook View Post
    Mitchell Pearce is annoying as well. It seems as though all he wants is to prove everyone wrong about Origin and he isn't doing a great job at that either. He didn't do much in game 1 and he sure as hell couldn't put the Warriors to sleep when we were camped in their 20 in the 2nd half. I'd give anything to have a match winning no 7.
    Only had to see that you're from Bronte to know that you speak the truth. I'm still bewildered that through all the coaches and structures we have gone through in the past 5 years, a simple grubber option is hardly ever used by any of our halves close to the line. Our repeat sets seem to come from luck or a chip kick that isn't good enough to be a scoring opportunity but isn't bad enough to be caught in goal

Comment

Pearce was one of NSW's best in game 1, tonight he was good but did some stupid things.

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
        Pearce was one of NSW's best in game 1, tonight he was good but did some stupid things.
        Hard to tell if you're trolling or serious due to your other posts but Pearce did nothing in Origin. Not to say he had a bad game but he just didn't do much. Tonight would have been the same but he made a few crucial mistakes that cost us.

Comment

Originally posted by micase View Post
          Hard to tell if you're trolling or serious due to your other posts but Pearce did nothing in Origin. Not to say he had a bad game but he just didn't do much. Tonight would have been the same but he made a few crucial mistakes that cost us.
          I'm serious and i'm a QLDer ask Lewis what he thought about Pearce's Origin 1 game.

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
            I'm serious and i'm a QLDer ask Lewis what he thought about Pearce's Origin 1 game.
            Wally, Lennox or, Hayley?

Comment

Originally posted by Ulick Varange View Post
              Wally, Lennox or, Hayley?
              I'm thinking Tamsin or Jerry

Comment

I'm obviously talking about Josh Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by micase View Post
                  Only had to see that you're from Bronte to know that you speak the truth. I'm still bewildered that through all the coaches and structures we have gone through in the past 5 years, a simple grubber option is hardly ever used by any of our halves close to the line. Our repeat sets seem to come from luck or a chip kick that isn't good enough to be a scoring opportunity but isn't bad enough to be caught in goal
                  They must be putting some truth serum in the Sydney tap water down Bronte way, as I am 100% in agreement with both you and Bronte Chook.

It's not "politically correct", so to speak, to bag the halfback at Easts, but I have been disappointed for a long time with the form of Pearce. The lack of repeat sets over many years has frustrated the hell out of me and my posse of Bay 13 Roosters!

No matter how many top-shelf players Nick keeps putting out on the field, the team will struggle until we have a halfback who can stand up and DOMINATE premiership club games, let alone representative games.

Pearce might be a handy five-eighth or could even bulk up a bit and be one of the game's better lock-forwards, but when it comes to the most critical position on the field, I'm sorry, he is not cutting the mustard!!

Maybe a position swap between Pearce and Maloney is in order, with Maloney given the authority to be the main playmaker in the side... Just a thought? Jimmy has been in top form all year.

Anyway, forget about the Bronte tap water, after a month off the sauce I'm certainly hitting something a little stronger this evening after that ordinary effort!

Comment

The 20's halfback is showing more than Pearce ever did in that grade. Of course he won't be given 7 years unchallenged in first grade to prove his worth when he graduates from NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                      The 20's halfback is showing more than Pearce ever did in that grade. Of course he won't be given 7 years unchallenged in first grade to prove his worth when he graduates from NYC.
                      Maybe we put him up this week if Langi is still injured and Morts in 6.

Comment

The wraps are getting bigger on Cornish each week,im annoyed that i missed him today apparantly had a blinder!

Comment

Originally posted by The Edge View Post

It's not "politically correct", so to speak, to bag the halfback at Easts, but I have been disappointed for a long time with the form of Pearce. The lack of repeat sets over many years has frustrated the hell out of me and my posse of Bay 13 Roosters!

No matter how many top-shelf players Nick keeps putting out on the field, the team will struggle until we have a halfback who can stand up and DOMINATE premiership club games, let alone representative games.

Pearce might be a handy five-eighth or could even bulk up a bit and be one of the game's better lock-forwards, but when it comes to the most critical position on the field, I'm sorry, he is not cutting the mustard!!

Maybe a position swap between Pearce and Maloney is in order, with Maloney given the authority to be the main playmaker in the side... Just a thought? Jimmy has been in top form
                          I like the cut of your jib.

Comment

Originally posted by lydon View Post
                            The wraps are getting bigger on Cornish each week,im annoyed that i missed him today apparantly had a blinder!
                            I saw the last 50 or so minutes. He threw a 20 metre cut out for a try, as good a weighted grubbers as you would ever see from the 20 metre line for a try, a few half breaks, one other line break assist with a lovely short ball and then with 2 minutes to go drained a field goal to put us in front.

Comment

I saw the last 50 or so minutes. He threw a 20 metre cut out for a try, as good a weighted grubbers as you would ever see from the 20 metre line for a try, a few half breaks, one other line break assist with a lovely short ball and then with 2 minutes to go drained a field goal to put us in front.
                              He is a special talent coming through mate,he and Langi together are freakish and it wouldnt suprise if they lead us to the premiership in the 20`s..

Comment

Working...
                              X