Pearce thread #72398

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearce thread #72398

I am convinced that one change would greatly change his game.
    He has to play more patiently and more methodically. Play one off but go back a metre. Too many predictable plays. He can do much better.
    He rushes everything. He doesn't build pressure for us. We make their 20 and every team and all of us know it will be a bomb out wide to wingers who always get beaten to the ball.
    The good halfbacks play with time - Thurston, Cronk, Cherry Evans, Alfie, Johns,
    No more flat hospital passes. Creativity ....... please.
    Last edited by Stumpy; 03-21-2013, 11:08 PM.

I'd just like his kicking to be as precise as it was when he was 17-18, it was consistently pinpoint in 2008 - where is it now?

Comment

Can't wait to see Pearceysworstnightmarecomereality chime in on the cut out pass for this thread

Comment

It's a bit hard when you aren't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, he just doesn't think about his game.
        Last edited by Arties Pie; 03-19-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I think he has improved this year. His variety of kicks on the weekend was much better. He also looks more comfortable with Maloney in the team and seems to have a little more freedom. I'm confident Taylor is helping him in this regard. No doubt there is room for improvement, but as with the whole team, they are learning a new gameplan. In all likelihood, we are only seeing a small portion of what was practised over the summer... with Trent trying to get the basic structure down, minimise mistakes, build confidence, and then look to expand the gameplan.

Comment

Play forward instead of sideways thats all he has to do
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I am not a Pearce bagger like some. I just think he is an average halfback who gets selected for NSW coz there is not much competition. But he is better than plenty of others.
              By far his worst skill is his short kicking game. Compare it to young Reynolds from Souths. Reynolds more often than not gets a repeat set with his in goal grubbers. Pearces efforts are abysmal. 90% of them go bloody dead.
              Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                I am not a Pearce bagger like some. I just think he is an average halfback who gets selected for NSW coz there is not much competition. But he is better than plenty of others.
                By far his worst skill is his short kicking game. Compare it to young Reynolds from Souths. Reynolds more often than not gets a repeat set with his in goal grubbers. Pearces efforts are abysmal. 90% of them go bloody dead.
                I too am disappointed with Ju Ju`s short kicking game to date.
                I thought JT would have done a lot more work with him on it over the pre-season.
                Joey Johns said he continually practiced his kicking for hours on end to reach his heights.
                Ju Ju needs days on end practice.Dissapointed it`s not happening...

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                  Play forward instead of sideways thats all he has to do
                  I agree he needs to watch videos of how the great halves played JT, Cronk, Langer, Stuart, Johns, Sterling they all played forward and put the defence in two minds and that creates time and space.
                  Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Great halfbacks... "Cronk".

lol.

Comment

He will be 6...did you see his effort against JT the other night. Both were on fire but he shaded him. He is also the current Kangaroo half.
                      Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Cameron Smith does all the organising in the side, Cronk just plays off the back of that.

Smith will be remembered as a great, Cronk never will. He's a good halfback and undoubtedly our best option at halfback for Australia but to be mentioned in the same breath as Thurston, Johns, Langer, Sterlo & Stuart is a joke.

Comment

My thoughts on Pearce are similar to many on here. He will never be a great player, but he can be a very good one. If I was Robbo I would be saying to him that I don't care if he doesn't have another try assist this season as long as he gets us safely down field and in an attacking position and then provides good, clean early ball to the likes of SBW, Maloney and Jennings. He looks to me like he thinks he has to come up with the big play every time he gets in a decent attacking position. If he would take a deep breath and play with more composure I think he would be far better served.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                            Cameron Smith does all the organising in the side, Cronk just plays off the back of that.

Smith will be remembered as a great, Cronk never will. He's a good halfback and undoubtedly our best option at halfback for Australia but to be mentioned in the same breath as Thurston, Johns, Langer, Sterlo & Stuart is a joke.
                            But 6 you claim Jake Friend is a better player than Isaac Luke

Comment

Playing a metre shorter of the line would help, particularly with his short kicking. It would give him another half sec to decide where to kick the pill and another half sec to avoid being smashed. He must have nightmares about Sam Burgess. One thing you cannot deny about Pearce is his toughness.

Did anyone else see his try save against the Warriors in the 17th minute? He stopped Mateo one on one close to the line.

If he gets his short kicking game in order he'll be the complete package.

Chook.

Comment

Working...
                              X