JWH Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWH Appreciation Thread

Time to celebrate one of the greatest prop forwards the game has EVER seen.

Throughout the week I've read about both Freddy and Joey Johns say he is in the top 5 Roosters players of the NRL.era. It is hard to find anyone who wouldn't have him in a top Roosters 17 of all time. 300 first grade games, 30 plus test for NZ, 3 premiership rings and the heart of this club.

What's everyone's favourite JWH memory? For me tonight was special and its still raw. But it is hard to go past seeing him and Cords embrace each other after going b2b in the 2019 GF.

Hopefully he gets to achieve three bigger milestones this year.

300 games for the Roosters.
    307+ games for the Roosters.
    4th premiership at the Roosters.

If he achieves all three he is the GOAT.

Last edited by Inflictor; 03-23-2024, 12:06 AM.

Comment

The big fella letting out a primal roar, slapping his right hand on the Roosters badge emblazoned on his jersey - on his heart - inciting all Roosters fans to be so proud, while just metres away, in the background, flames shot into the air. We had just demolished Melbourne in the 2018 Grand Final and big JWH had laid the platform right from the start. It was all emotion, pure euphoria. It perfectly captured how I felt to be there, to see it all happen. JWH, the leader of the pack!

Comment

Gee I’m going to miss the big fella, any chance we can take it back and have him sign on for one more year? I don’t want to see him go.
        My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
        My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Originally posted by Intercept View Post
          The big fella letting out a primal roar, slapping his right hand on the Roosters badge emblazoned on his jersey - on his heart - inciting all Roosters fans to be so proud, while just metres away, in the background, flames shot into the air. We had just demolished Melbourne in the 2018 Grand Final and big JWH had laid the platform right from the start. It was all emotion, pure euphoria. It perfectly captured how I felt to be there, to see it all happen. JWH, the leader of the pack!
          Great memory. The GFs will always rank high.

Another club moment that stands out for me was that classic rd 1 game in 2012. JWH crashed over from close range in the 78min to get us back within striking distance against souffs. What happens next is of course legendary, with Minichello scoring the match winner on the siren off the back of Cord's left foot kick. But without JWH's try the Minichello winner doesn't happen.

Comment

This one for me…

https://youtu.be/83zW004FNy4?si=ZT2IKUMo8iF9L6rO
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

300 of the best. What a perfect way to celebrate it...

Comment

Comment

One of the top 3 finest props of the modern era. The merchant of menace and a saint all in one. The leader of our club on the field. We will only learn to fully appreciate him when he is gone

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                    Time to celebrate one of the greatest prop forwards the game has EVER seen.

Throughout the week I've read about both Freddy and Joey Johns say he is in the top 5 Roosters players of the NRL.era. It is hard to find anyone who wouldn't have him in a top Roosters 17 of all time. 300 first grade games, 30 plus test for NZ, 3 premiership rings and the heart of this club.

What's everyone's favourite JWH memory? For me tonight was special and its still raw. But it is hard to go past seeing him and Cords embrace each other after going b2b in the 2019 GF.
                    That's my lasting impression as well.

Unbridled euphoria.
                    1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                    1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

It’s taken the NRL media 13years to show any appreciation for JWH. All the pissing in his pocket last night I found amusing.
                      The release by the club of a reel of his team mates opinions on JWH a PR masterstroke.

Comment

Jarred Waerea-Hargreaves is equal to Brad Fittler in on field importance to the Roosters more often than not when he plays we win and when he's absent we lose JWH has become one of my all time favourite players definitely a top 3 for me with Brad Fittler and Mitchell Aubusson I am going to be so football sad when he leaves at the end of the season

Comment

Jarrod Whatta - Hardarse, if the phrase “Deadset legend” should be directed at anyone , it’s The Big Dog

Comment

Simply put, he is my hero.

I absolutely love the bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post
                              Jarred Waerea-Hargreaves is equal to Brad Fittler in on field importance to the Roosters more often than not when he plays we win and when he's absent we lose JWH has become one of my all time favourite players definitely a top 3 for me with Brad Fittler and Mitchell Aubusson I am going to be so football sad when he leaves at the end of the season
                              I respectfully disagree.

I love jwh , fantastic player .

freddie in my opinion was a generational talent , and the equivalent of johns even I'd the media give him little mind . hechangedthe roosters from a losing club to a winning club in the late 90s .

but I take your point when jwh plays we go well.

just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                              X