• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teams Up - SQUAD v MANLY

ROOSTERS SQUAD v MANLY

Rnd 2 - Sunday 17th March
    4 Pines Park, Sydney

Round two brings us a tough game against the Chip Stealers at 4 Pines Park, aka Brookvale Oval. They looked good against the Vermin in 'Vegas, and they will only be stronger at home with a crowd of screaming local ferals behind them.

We need to build on last week. Our defense was damn good, but the attack was still a bit clunky. Hopefully another fortnight of work will have iron out a few of the bugs, although travel time will have eaten into that 2 weeks. Our kicking game will need to be spot on, and the defense as good (at least) as last week to contain Turbo. He remains their main attacking threat. If we can keep him quiet, it will go a long way towards winning this one.

Jaz is back, and will be a direct replacement for the Sacrificial Lamb. Whyte will continue to get game time with Spence on the sidelines for 8, and that can only help us long term. Tupouniua has been named, despite
    leaving the field with a slight groin strain in Vegas. Dom Young gets his Roosters debut .. I'm pumped to see what he can do outside Manu. Our outside backs are stacked with talent - Toops, Suaalii/Billy, Joey, Dom. If the forwards can win the battle the in the middle we should be too strong out wide. I especially liked what I saw from Kez last week - he looked sharp. He and Walker were also both excellent in Defense.

I'm never overly confident playing Manly, especially at Brooky, but I've got a feeling that we might see something pretty special from the Roosters this year. We are fit, strong, skillful, and we have good depth pretty much across the board. That's a recipe for a damn strong season.

Bring it on.

GO EASTS !!

ROOSTERS:

1. Teddy
    2. Tupou
    3. Suaalii
    4. Manu
    5. Young
    6. Keary
    7. Walker
    8. JWH
    9. Smith, B
    10. Collins
    11. Wong
    12. Tupouniua
    13. Radley

INTERCHANGE:
    14. Smith, Sandon
    15. Whyte
    16. Butcher, N
    17. May

RESERVES:
    18. Watson
    19. Pauga
    20. Butcher, E
    21. Dockar-Clay
    22. Chrichton

No Billy Smith? Chrichton way down the pecking order. Wonder what's up there?

Comment

That’s a tall three quarter line. Shortest is Joey Manu at just under six four.

Comment

Originally posted by Renman View Post
        No Billy Smith? Chrichton way down the pecking order. Wonder what's up there?
        Was reported somewhere that Smith could be out for up to six weeks.

Angus has earned his spot outside of the top 17.

Comment

What a cracking side
          great to see jwh back for his 299th game and young first game for the roosters
          just Leniu and b smith missing but Suaali and Whyte are good replacements
          shame with Leniu as we just got him to play 1 game and miss a 3rd of the year now
          still with Watson, Egan butch and Gus out of the top 22
          I think Watson may get the 14 jumper in a few weeks - only nsw cup but he made 180mtr, 45 tackles and 7 tackle busts at 13
          gees Gus critchon has fallen off the cliff

Comment

Tupouniua has been named. Thats a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
              Tupouniua has been named. Thats a surprise.

I thought he had a few weeks off but I guess this club doesn't give us much in regards to injuries. No doubt Gus will go straight into the 17 if Sitili doesn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post

I thought he had a few weeks off but I guess this club doesn't give us much in regards to injuries. No doubt Gus will go straight into the 17 if Sitili doesn't make it.
                very dumb comment

Comment

Will be a cracker of a game Provided the referees don’t Fcuk it up
                  We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                  Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Was reported somewhere that Smith could be out for up to six weeks.

Angus has earned his spot outside of the top 17.

I wonder why Angus didn't play reserve grade like the rest of guys that were on the extended bench from round one.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post

I wonder why Angus didn't play reserve grade like the rest of guys that were on the extended bench from round one.
                      Named at 12 for the reggies this weekend:

https://www.nswrl.com.au/draw/nsw-cu...tab-team-lists

Comment

The Big Dog is back.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post

Wondered that too, presume incase sitili was not fit for this week however looks like he is good now unless the good old late change

from res grade toia still out, does anyone know when Murphy or Vaa are back or are they injured? Napa got suspended by the looks of things

4 squad spots still up for grabs, Jenko or king might grab a backline spot

Comment

This is very close to our best possible line up, with only Spencer and Billy to come in for Whyte and Suaalii down the track. Decent replacements nonetheless. We should lap Manly with this team if they can maintain the steely determination and intensity that they played with in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Steggles View Post
                              This is very close to our best possible line up, with only Spencer and Billy to come in for Whyte and Suaalii down the track. Decent replacements nonetheless. We should lap Manly with this team if they can maintain the steely determination and intensity that they played with in Vegas.
                              Suaalii looked great against a very good team. He had Staggs by the short and curlies. It'll be interesting to see who locks that position down once Billy is fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X