• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Repeat

Very similar story

No Leadership
    No accountability
    Young half gets the blame and dropped despite more experienced players not performing
    Egan Butcher looks exactly like 2016 Aidan Guerra

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post
    Very similar story

No Leadership
    No accountability
    Young half gets the blame and dropped despite more experienced players not performing
    lol Aiden was heaps better
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post
      Very similar story

No Leadership
      No accountability
      With all due respect mate,that’s an insult to Aidan..

Comment

Guerra could find a hole. I loved how he could change his line before catching the ball.

Comment

The similarity is with Robbo's decision to get rid of Maloney.

Comment

Yeah I think blaming the young half was a key mistake this season and his subsequent injury in reggies hasn't helped either.

IMO Robbo needs to FORGET 2013 where there was the 'Bondi Wall' and 'Roosters Footy' (which basically means 'we always play-on and never lie down grabbing a sore limb, even if it's sore and/or indicative that a penalty shoulda been awarded. That is soft and not our way!!!') Those two tactics no longer work in 2023...

1. The game has become touch footy. I'm not saying we should milk penalties but play to the rules!!! If you know somebody shoulda been penalised then you're not acting if you call out 'aaaaw fark my chin!!! Ref he got me in the chin!!!' This doesn't prevent you from playing on and you don't have to be a cat about it. However if you ignore the pain and just keep going then you're being a guinea pig (I have them - they are prey animals and even minutes before their death will hide ALL pain because they don't show pain so you dunno when they are hurt. DON'T play Guinea Pig football!!!! You gain nothing).

2. Focus on attack, DON'T just assume it's 'easy to fix the attack'. Attack is some of the best defence anyway!!!! We're the worst attacking team in the comp now despite having a golden boot centre (playing #6 just to give it to Walker and say 'that's how shyte you are mate, a 4 can do better than you in the halves!!!') and a Dally M FB. The list goes on... rep forwards all over, rep backs...etc. We even signed Brown after the season had started!!!

IMO our 'morals' need to adjust to the modern game. They worked in 2013, 2018 and JUST in 2019. Not 2023!

Comment

Argghh , so bad.
              2016 I took my kids to see us play Manly , get to ground and find out Guerra is playing 5/8.
              It was a rough night sitting near some Manly supporters.

Comment

If we're not careful it could become 2009

Comment

The coach knows best. Just ask him. What a rabble. Getting belted by Penrith twice within a month. How good is it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

lol Aiden was heaps better
                    I agree but for that 1 season in 2016 he was terrible, Robbo even tried moving him to 5/8 at one stage.

Comment

Working...
                    X