R.I.P Steve Waddell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P Steve Waddell

Former Steelers and Penrith prop Steve Waddell (during the early 90's) died yesterday from a heart attack aged 45

R I P
    Geez, only 45?

Bugger

Comment

45 is far too young to die - my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Makes you think doesn't it - you think you have plenty of years left and all of a sudden wham bam, it's over!
      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
        45 is far too young to die - my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Makes you think doesn't it - you think you have plenty of years left and all of a sudden wham bam, it's over!
        Yep.
        Seen way too many people plan for the future....forgetting to enjoy the present.

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
          Yep.
          Seen way too many people plan for the future....forgetting to enjoy the present.
          Exactly, whilst it's good to sure up your future, one should never do it at the expense of enjoying the present.

Which is why I will be in Darwin this weekend taking a few days out from the daily grind enjoying the unique opportunity of seeing our blokes play in the 'top end'. Not to mention taking in the sights of Darwin, haven't been there since 2006.

NC

Comment

Exactly, whilst it's good to sure up your future, one should never do it at the expense of enjoying the present.

Which is why I will be in Darwin this weekend taking a few days out from the daily grind enjoying the unique opportunity of seeing our blokes play in the 'top end'. Not to mention taking in the sights of Darwin, haven't been there since 2006.

NC
            NC, the best thing I've done for myself lately was get on a plane out of Melbourne for the entire Easter weekend to go up to the Gold Coast, not just for the Titans game, but to catch up with family I haven't seen in 6 years. Life's too short not to treasure our loved ones...and to watch our team win now and again in another state.
            RIP Steve. I'm going to be 45 this year and I can only imagine how awful this must be for his family.
            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

RW&B, I reckon the older we get the more important it is to take time out for ourselves to do something we want to do, rather than have to do, for the sake of our health and well being. A case of recharding the batteries so to speak. Something that just can't be done whilst toiling away at the daily grind.

I agree that family is important, but having a dad with dimentia in a nursing home who I visit every weekend (I work 5 days so can't get there during the week) I have to admit that having 'time out' from that this weekend will be beneficial to me - it's such a drain emotionally I need a break every now and again. Even if it's only 1-2 weekends a year.

NC

Comment

Geez only 45.
                Steve Waddell was a good solid forward, not the biggest name in the team but certainly a good solid performer.

Much to young !

Comment

RW&B, I reckon the older we get the more important it is to take time out for ourselves to do something we want to do, rather than have to do, for the sake of our health and well being. A case of recharding the batteries so to speak. Something that just can't be done whilst toiling away at the daily grind.

I agree that family is important, but having a dad with dimentia in a nursing home who I visit every weekend (I work 5 days so can't get there during the week) I have to admit that having 'time out' from that this weekend will be beneficial to me - it's such a drain emotionally I need a break every now and again. Even if it's only 1-2 weekends a year.

NC
                  I know how you feel NC. My sister and I nursed our mother, especially in 2005/6, and I took off to Bowral for few days because I couldn't function. It took me 3 buses to get from Rose Bay to Bowral as I don't drive but that in itself forced me to sit still and look out the window and look at the countryside. Having my gap year this year (at age 44!) in Melbourne doing volunteer work has also made me change my values and outlook. Things my friends and I though important are now just a faded memory.
                  I hope you have a wonderful time in Darwin, NC. You deserve it and I hope you get to see a victory like I did.. ( we won't count the AAMI Park Stitch Up down here!)

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                    Geez only 45.
                    Steve Waddell was a good solid forward, not the biggest name in the team but certainly a good solid performer.

Much to young !
                    Every team needs a Steve Waddell..

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                      I know how you feel NC. My sister and I nursed our mother, especially in 2005/6, and I took off to Bowral for few days because I couldn't function. It took me 3 buses to get from Rose Bay to Bowral as I don't drive but that in itself forced me to sit still and look out the window and look at the countryside. Having my gap year this year (at age 44!) in Melbourne doing volunteer work has also made me change my values and outlook. Things my friends and I though important are now just a faded memory.
                      I hope you have a wonderful time in Darwin, NC. You deserve it and I hope you get to see a victory like I did.. ( we won't count the AAMI Park Stitch Up down here!)
                      It's amazing what we do because we have to but it does take its toll on us physically and mentally. I am not counting on a victory in Darwin but if the boys play well I will be very happy. I've been lucky enough to see them in a few different places now, including NZ. I used to travel to see them a lot more than what I do now. But like you I have learned that things I once found so important just don't seem to matter so much nowdays. It is far more about spending time with those who are important to you - be they friends or family. Enjoy the volunteering, I used to do it on the weekends but just find I don't have the time and energy nowdays. One day in the future, I'd like to get back to it.

NC

Comment

R.I.P Steve played 18's rep footy with him many years ago. True gentleman off the field and a real workhorse on it.

Comment

Working...
                        X