Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melbourne really are a protected species.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Melbourne really are a protected species.

    Here's an article from Ben Ikin talking about the wrestle, check out the photo and the reference to Hulk Hogan and wrestling, but not one mention of Melbourne and their tactics?

    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/w...403-1wa0a.html

    Unbelievable.

    Chook.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Chook View Post
    Here's an article from Ben Ikin talking about the wrestle, check out the photo and the reference to Hulk Hogan and wrestling, but not one mention of Melbourne and their tactics?

    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/w...403-1wa0a.html

    Unbelievable.

    Chook.
    Lol, too true Chook, we have always been the fall guys when it comes to these blokes. But maybe look at Waynekerr before Bellyache.

    Remember Ikin is Waynekerrs son-in-law, Buderus who is mentioned cos he made a point of commenting about the wrestle last week is in Waynekerrs team, Waynekerrs team played Melba last week, Melba are the wrestling champs, Melba are coached by Bellyache, Bellyache was Waynekerrs assistant who was instructed by the head man to employ a wrestling expert way back in the day.

    Every year when Waynekerr needs his agenda driven we have his sleepers come out in the media and push his barrow. Of course he sits back and says sweet FA. But when it suits, when his teams need that pressure relief or to pressure the officials, the piece is always written for him.

    Of course he's a great coach, Waynekerr. But he's gone to a team who is struggling at the moment and the wrestle is one area where they are struggling. Hence all the agendas.

    This Ikinisation of the media, he's seriously everywhere now, for such an average player and commentator, it's amazing how he keeps getting gigs. Just like Jordon Toolis.



    The FlogPen .

    You know it makes sense.

    Comment


    • #3
      Freddy blatantly rubbishes the Storm on NRL Daily now. He said why does all of Australia do cartwheels when Billy Slater scores a try but when Anthony Mitchell scores a similar one, no-one bats an eyelid?
      "The challenge remains due to an unchallengeable offence" - The Bunker

      Comment


      • #4
        Does Ikin still wear those spectacles to appear smarter than he is ?

        Comment


        • #5
          I thought Ikin was shafted from Ch9 years ago for being the biggest tool in the box, I don't understand why he is back on TV, friends in high places me thinks!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Big Arty View Post
            I thought Ikin was shafted from Ch9 years ago for being the biggest tool in the box, I don't understand why he is back on TV, friends in high places me thinks!!
            From memory didn't his old man get in strife for something involving the law and he chucked a tanty and bolted???

            Friends in low places methinks.

            It's just the Waynekerr factor, his rellos and ex-players always get looked after, which helps his agendas. Watch every time he needs some help a magical article appears in the media from one of his friendlies.

            And yes BM, he's Mr OPSM, the image.



            The FlogPen .

            You know it makes sense.

            Comment


            • #7
              From memory....channel nine ran a story about the family business that wasn't favourable...storage business?

              He cracked em & dived for cover.
              Dunno what ever happened with the allegations...it was sort of kept mainly low key after that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
                From memory....channel nine ran a story about the family business that wasn't favourable...storage business?

                He cracked em & dived for cover.
                Dunno what ever happened with the allegations...it was sort of kept mainly low key after that.
                All Waynekerrs rellos get the sweep under the carpet treatment.

                After all isn't Waynekerrs brother a high ranking police officer, or was???

                Not that that means anything, of course, just sayin.



                The FlogPen .

                You know it makes sense.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by stsae View Post
                  All Waynekerrs rellos get the sweep under the carpet treatment.

                  After all isn't Waynekerrs brother a high ranking police officer, or was???

                  Not that that means anything, of course, just sayin.

                  bennett is a ex cop. when my mum was a young girl growing up in bondi junction some guy came around to ask her out. my grandmother asked the guy what are you studying and he replied " i am becoming a policeman",her response was "once a policeman never a man"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    All cops are corrupt, just some get paid extra for it.

                    Chook.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Chook View Post
                      All cops are corrupt, just some get paid extra for it.

                      Chook.
                      All coppers are constables...right?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by John View Post
                        All coppers are constables...right?
                        Had an uncle that was being interviewed by a snr constable.....he kept addressing the officer as "CUNSTABEL".

                        Went down like a lead balloon.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by stsae View Post
                          All Waynekerrs rellos get the sweep under the carpet treatment.

                          After all isn't Waynekerrs brother a high ranking police officer, or was???

                          Not that that means anything, of course, just sayin.

                          Wayne and his brother Bob (an ex rugby player who is now involved with Men of League) were both trained at the QLD Police Academy by my late uncle. We all grew up together in the same town and they went to school with my sister.
                          "The challenge remains due to an unchallengeable offence" - The Bunker

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Melbourne through their disgusting defensive tactics have changed the fabric of the game..

                            Tackling around the legs has almost been phased out of the game..

                            You've only got to watch those classic matches they have on Fox Sports to see how clean the game was without the wrestle..

                            EDIT..

                            Just watching Illawarra versus Newcastle from 1998 on Ch204..The guy who was eaten by Owen Craigie just scored a length of the field try..Now there was a waste of talent..
                            Last edited by Horrie Is God; 04-04-2012, 08:56 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Horrie Is God View Post
                              Melbourne through their disgusting defensive tactics have changed the fabric of the game..

                              Tackling around the legs has almost been phased out of the game..

                              You've only got to watch those classic matches they have on Fox Sports to see how clean the game was without the wrestle..
                              Aren't they great to watch? Especially Jack Gibson coached sides. Freddy said the other day that one day soon it will get to the stage where the under 14's will have wrestling coaches because that is the way the game is heading, much to his disgust.
                              "The challenge remains due to an unchallengeable offence" - The Bunker

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X