Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Souths - Corruption a plenty

SOUTHS CLUB STRAPPED

Much has been made of the way the Titans have mismanaged the property arm of their business - and rightly so. But glossed over is that South Sydney Leagues Club owes more than $1 million to tradesmen for work on its refurbished premises. The man most out of pocket, for $410,000 plus interest, is contractor Sam Scarfo. ''This is killing me,'' Scarfo said. An independent adjudicator ordered the club to pay Scarfo by Tuesday but he is still to receive a cent. If it does not pay up in coming weeks, the All Tech Electrics director can appoint a liquidator, raising fears the club will again close.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz1qjiXOCBM
    Some inside goss about this. There is alot of corruption involved within the south club. Apparently they Borrowed $2.8 Million to finish renovations on their leagues club.
    They finished it and have claimed they have run out of money. The tradies have gotten together and account for about $1.4 Million. They cant account for the other $1.4 Million. I believe some deep pockets.
    The gentleman with the most to lose is Mr Scarfo stated above. Over $400k and has sent documents to liquidate.
    Apparently Mr Nicholas Pappas has gone to the old Kastolorizian club which sold up recently in Kingsford to invest and are cashed up which may get them out of the mess but will charge big interest.
    Seriously thank your lucky stars we have Politis and crew that manage most of the operations here pretty well.

Common Mr Scarfo send them to the grave.

Lol @ souths

Comment

Someone should tell the stories of Souths Juniors' finances.

Comment

If only people knew what was going on at Souths Juniors. Everybody at Souths is in it for the cash, I bet that is one of the reasons Piggins got back involved

Comment

If you knew, all that I knew...

Comment

I wish I did. But what I do know is pretty damning, it involves a certain somebody who lives near me and a certain amount of tax free income coming out of the Juniors. From what I have heard it is very widespread and yet somehow they manage to get away with it.

Comment

Time to bring back an oldie...

Comment

Originally posted by Easts 2034 View Post
                I wish I did. But what I do know is pretty damning, it involves a certain somebody who lives near me and a certain amount of tax free income coming out of the Juniors. From what I have heard it is very widespread and yet somehow they manage to get away with it.
                Friends in low places.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Roosterlot View Post
                  Some inside goss about this. There is alot of corruption involved within the south club. Apparently they Borrowed $2.8 Million to finish renovations on their leagues club.
                  They finished it and have claimed they have run out of money. The tradies have gotten together and account for about $1.4 Million. They cant account for the other $1.4 Million. I believe some deep pockets.
                  The gentleman with the most to lose is Mr Scarfo stated above. Over $400k and has sent documents to liquidate.
                  Apparently Mr Nicholas Pappas has gone to the old Kastolorizian club which sold up recently in Kingsford to invest and are cashed up which may get them out of the mess but will charge big interest.
                  Seriously thank your lucky stars we have Politis and crew that manage most of the operations here pretty well.

Common Mr Scarfo send them to the grave.
                  I have some mates who are owed about the same as Sam Scarfo too. I hear the Kazzi Club is going to bail them out and everyone is due to be paid by Friday coming. They've been under massive stress bankrolling the club when they expected to be paid. I hear it's not so much corrupt but more a question of comptetence.

Comment

......and my mate was real pissed he was a high profile sponsor and they opted to give the joinery work to a complete stranger ...Hence he pulled his sponsorship .
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                      ......and my mate was real pissed he was a high profile sponsor and they opted to give the joinery work to a complete stranger ...Hence he pulled his sponsorship .

Don't worry Brain. The joinery bloke is on the list of debtors too!

Comment

Fletch called them a bunch of thieves in his speech at Fitzy's farewell dinner at Easts Leagues in front of media and high profile types. Many players don't leave there under happy circumstances and it's usually over money.
                        "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                        Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                          Fletch called them a bunch of thieves in his speech at Fitzy's farewell dinner at Easts Leagues in front of media and high profile types. Many players don't leave there under happy circumstances and it's usually over money.
                          Yeah, I've noticed that.

Comment

Working...
                          X