X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandow signs with Parramatta

More lol@soffs.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226049577163

PARRAMATTA have won the war for Chris Sandow, signing the Rabbitohs playmaker to a three-year deal late last night.

Sandow appeared certain to join the Eels until late last week when Rabbitohs co-owner Russell Crowe looked to have convinced him to stay.

But early today, the Rabbitohs announced that Sandow would be leaving the club at season's end, and where else but on Twitter.

Crowe beat his own team's PR machine to the punch, tweeting ``Chris Sandow to Parramatta at $550k a year''.

The Rabbitohs had called on Sandow's teammates, club greats and fans to convince him to stay at Redfern.

But it's believed people close to the cheeky half, including family members, persuaded him to make the change and sign the rich deal.

Parramatta offered Sandow $800,000 for the next three years and the Rabbitohs couldn't compete after securing his halves partner John Sutton and winger Nathan Merritt recently.

"Unfortunately Chris has met his Alan Bond," said Souths chief executive Shane Richardson.

“We’re very disappointed to learn of Chris’ decision but we wish him the best for the future.''

It's expected that the Eels will confirm the deal shortly.
    Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

And this is why people hate $ouff$. Bitchy and whinging about people paying more than they can afford for a player.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...504-1e7a4.html

Sandow to join Eels from 2012 NRL season
    May 4, 2011 - 8:44AM

South Sydney halfback Chris Sandow has agreed to a big money deal to join NRL rivals Parramatta from next season.

South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson issued a statement on Tuesaday expressing disappointment at losing Sandow and made it clear he believed money, which his club could not match, was the reason.

"We're very disappointed to learn of Chris' decision but we wish him the best for the future," said Richardson.

"Unfortunately for us he has met his Alan Bond."

In an unconfirmed twitter posting South Sydney owner Russell Crowe appeared to reveal the size of Sandow's new deal, believed to be for three years.

"Chris Sandow to Parramatta at $550k a year," the tweet read.

Comment

lol@parra as well.

Chook.

Comment

What a scum, and not to mention unprofessional, to reveal on twitter the size of the parra offer

Comment

Sour grapes by Crowe - what a fool. Too funny. They kept Sutton.

Comment

That is a ridiculous amount for him...he will drop his intensity now he's secured massive money for the next 4 years...that's too much money for him and he'll go off the rails...he'll have cousins coming out of the woodwork wanting a piece of his windfall...he'll party hard and get into trouble...bad move by Parra...

I work with a fellow who is going on to FItzgerald's ticket to win back the board and hence become a director on their board at Parra and he's flabbergasted at the amount of money they've thrown at Sandow and fo so long...

Comment

opens the door for Finch

Comment

This was a done deal weeks ago.

I dont know who to laugh at:

- Souths for throwing a tantrum over a player who hinders them

- Parra buying a player who can't play in a structure and worst of all, is good for letting in a try each game

I always have our mob to provide me with laughs though.

Comment

It has been a while since I was at school and they obviously use different formulas these days...

$800 000 for 3 years = $550 000 per year....???

Comment

The $550K is Crowe's sour grapes.. There is no way he is on near that..

Comment

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
                      It has been a while since I was at school and they obviously use different formulas these days...

$800 000 for 3 years = $550 000 per year....???
                      Well apparently that was the initial offer, but Crowe tweets $550k? How the **** is Chris Sandow worth $550k to anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                        The $550K is Crowe's sour grapes.. There is no way he is on near that..
                        For Parramatta's sake.. I hope not..

Comment

Originally posted by FoghornLeghorn View Post
                          That is a ridiculous amount for him...he will drop his intensity now he's secured massive money for the next 4 years...that's too much money for him and he'll go off the rails...he'll have cousins coming out of the woodwork wanting a piece of his windfall...he'll party hard and get into trouble...bad move by Parra...

I work with a fellow who is going on to FItzgerald's ticket to win back the board and hence become a director on their board at Parra and he's flabbergasted at the amount of money they've thrown at Sandow and fo so long...
                          Ohhhh the Emperor, is Ray hadley going on the ticket too or is he just going to be his campaign manager

Comment

I seriously doubt he signed for $550K per year. I reckon its Crowe trying to save face- he knows that they need to win the PR battle in the media and with fans.

If you believe $550K is the correct figure, then you can understand any player (especially one thats clearly not worth it) changing clubs.

If the amount Souffs offered the nugget was comparable with Parra and he chose to go anyway, then if reflects very badly on their club.

It will be interesting to see how Parras recruitment goes from now on....what player would sign knowing $andow is the halfback. Lets face it, its not that players will take a pay cut to sign just to play with him in the team. More likely the eels will have to pay overs even more now to attract players.

Maybe we should pick up Joel Reddy- he seems a smart footballer and he is a good defender.

Comment

Yes he is not a good defender, but he offers a lot in attack. 270K per year is not unreasonable, if that is the deal (800K over 3 years).

Surely you cannot assume if you pay someone well they are necessarily going to play worse ("drop their intensity") because of it?

He may well not play so hard for Souffs though from now on. Rusty is a known megalomaniac who does not cope well with defiance from his underlings (= the rest of the world).

He is not likeable but he can play. Good pickup for Parra I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X