Two onfield refs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two onfield refs

Apparently this Saturday will be the first ever NRL match with 2 referees. What do you think about that? I think it is good because at some points last year, I thought the referee was struggling especially on the front of not noticing things that should've been on report.
    Yes
    42.86%
    No, one referee is enough
    28.57%
    Only for finals
    0.00%
    Not sure
    28.57%

2 refs were used in the trial in perth, also in other trials last weekend

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
    To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
    At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
    Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
    The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

I'd prefer not to make a judgment on this until I have seen it's effectiveness (or maybe non effectiveness?).

I've read an article by Phil Gould a couple of weeks ago that made some good points against it, but like I said I'd prefer to see it in action first...

Comment

Originally posted by nicktherooster View Post
        Apparently this Saturday will be the first ever NRL match with 2 referees. What do you think about that? I think it is good because at some points last year, I thought the referee was struggling especially on the front of not noticing things that should've been on report.
        Bad news Buddy
        The number of qualified referees on the field during games last year was three as the touch judges are also qualified. the number officiating per game last year varied between 4 or 5 as the video referee is also qualified!!
        So we are now about to add another referee to this mix so I'm not sure we are progressing
        Spanner gone and never forgotten

Comment

I cant see what difference it will make. I just think its useless.

Egos out of control again, but it what we get when ex-reffs hold crucial decision making positions in the NewsRL org.

Sadly like with EVERY rule theyve changed/altered we just have to suck it up.

And the coaches will find a new way to exploit it, they always do.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
          X