X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free as a Bird

He must have good lawyers:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...ird-walks-free

His girl should cop some charges though.

He even got off the false statement charge when he blamed his mate......

No wonder player keep getting in the shit, they are never accountable for anything they do

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
      He even got off the false statement charge when he blamed his mate......

No wonder player keep getting in the shit, they are never accountable for anything they do
      I don't understand why they both have not gone down for blaming someone else - Einfeld style.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
        I don't understand why they both have not gone down for blaming someone else - Einfeld style.
        Einfeld signed a stat dec and gave false evidence. I don't think either bird or his gf provided a statement to the police or gave evidence at the first trial

Comment

Let this be a lesson for all the kids out there..

It's OK to lie to the police, just don't lie in court...

Comment

what an absurd legal system we have. The 2 of them told lie after lie, refused to make statements to the police, refused to give evidence at the local court trial, told more lies, then turned around and said "All that stuff we told you before, that was all lies. Here's what really happened"

And the appeal judge simply says "Righto then, fair enough. That was pretty foolish, all those lies you told. But anyway, off you go

laughable

Comment

welcome greg bird..........................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                He must have good lawyers:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...ird-walks-free

His girl should cop some charges though.
                She will from Bird.

Comment

Would anyone like to see him at the Chooks? I mean there is no doubting he is an awesome player. But having Carney, Bird, Myles etc in the same squad, it would be another season in the papers for the wrong reasons.

Comment

If nothing else these two should have to pay the court costs of the appeal proceedings - after all if they would have told the 'truth'?? at the original hearing it would not have gone further.

Not that they've told the truth now I suspect, just a story they've had time to manufacture over the past 12 months.

It's all very suspect and makes a mockery of our justice system. And they've gotten away with it.

I still do not understand how they beat the charge of lying to police and perverting the course of justice by saying that their flatmate was responsible. He must be feeling very pissed off at the moment.

No thanks to having Bird at the Chooks, we have our fair share of problem players already, no need to be adding to them when the Club is trying to improve its brand and reputation.

I have no doubt this bloke will be in strife again sooner or later, whether it be on or off the field.

The Titans or NQ can have him.

NC
                    Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

He will go well at Cows they have big rugs

Comment

Originally posted by Patch View Post
                        Would anyone like to see him at the Chooks? I mean there is no doubting he is an awesome player. But having Carney, Bird, Myles etc in the same squad, it would be another season in the papers for the wrong reasons.
                        I honestly don't think he's that good of a player, despite making the Aussie squad.

Comment

The pair of grubs deserve each other......

I have to laugh at her statement...."I am not going to make a very good lawyer am I".....Well ****ing derrrrrrr.......

Comment

Deep down, you just always knew that OJ Bird would somehow get off.

Comment

Working...
                            X