The Weather Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weather Thread

I thought I would start this thread so we can discuss all things about the weather. It is made that little more interesting as we have people posting from different parts of the country and around the world Feel free to talk about the weather how it is affecting your daily life your moods what type of weather makes you happiest For me it is definitely bright sunshine and about 24 degrees with a lowish UV index so I can spend all day in the sun.
    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
    Now we have countries run by ………

That sounds like the perfect daily outlook mate.

Over here right now, we are in the early to middle 90’s f and it can get quite humid.

The sun is brutal at times but nothing like home.

I love summer but I’m more of a cold weather person. Snow and cool temps on a clear sunny day is soo refreshing and actually makes me more energetic.
    Last edited by rented tracksuit; 07-23-2022, 01:11 PM.
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

I’m going to bed now. Need to get up early to mow the yard before it gets too hot tomorrow. Need to do it before I head up north next week. Weather up there should be nice at around 28c but I am dreading the humidity up there.
      FVCK CANCER

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yLlG1POr9c

Comment

The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E

Comment

The Fortunes-Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO1LbkuPfqo

Comment

Eurythmics, Annie Lennox, Dave Stewart - Here Comes The Rain Again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzFnYcIqj6I

Comment

Dragon - Rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM7RcgZ1pLE

Comment

John Farnham - Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmqltNIjfw

Comment

A polite reminder this thread is to discuss the weather. We already have a plethora of threads dedicated to music. I thought better of the poster who appears to have decided to turn this into another music thread. Deeply deeply disappointing behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                      A polite reminder this thread is to discuss the weather. We already have a plethora of threads dedicated to music. I thought better of the poster who appears to have decided to turn this into another music thread. Deeply deeply disappointing behaviour.
                      Well this wet weather had made me reflect on how many songs there are about rain, so it reflects on what my current mood is with the horrible weather we are having and how depressing it has been, especially having to visit the hospital daily and then working in a shopping centre full of feral customers , so in that context it was on topic about how it was affecting my current moods.

But i wont post anymore music clips in this thread, will keep it on topic.
                      Last edited by horrie hastings; 07-23-2022, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Well this wet weather had made me reflect on how many songs there are about rain, so it reflects on what my current mood is with the horrible weather we are having and how depressing it has been, especially having to visit the hospital daily and then working in a shopping centre full of feral customers , so in that context it was on topic about how it was affecting my current moods.

LOL excellent humour I am laughing very hard as I type this

Comment

My favourite swimming spot when we had a bit of decent weather over the last couple of years has been Little Bay, lovely serene spot which reminded me of somewhere in the Mediterranean but unfortunately there has been a couple of incidents there last year (or actually earlier this year i think ), one when i was there when a fisherman and his son drowned off the rocks and then a fatal shark attack, i love the spot for a swim and snorkel and it is beautiful on a sunny day but not sure whether i will go back this summer ( if we ever have another summer )

Comment

Well it was a ‘balmy’ 14 degrees here in Canberra today. They predict a ‘heatwave’ of 16 degrees tomorrow. That will be the warmest day we’ve had since about late April / early May I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

You forgot ‘Why Does It Always Rain On Me ‘ by Travis, but I better not lead you astray
                              Also I hope everything is going ok with those hospital visits too Horrie.

Comment

Working...
                              X