Because The Virus Thread Was Closed Before I Came Across It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

If someone is old and/or has co-morbidities and aren't unvaccinated then that's their stupid fault. It doesn't affect me.
    Well, actually it may very well affect you.

The unvaccinated are 5 % of the population and yet are occupying 50% of the ICU beds in NSW.

If ICU beds run out, that may force our leaders to buckle and reintroduce lockdowns.

It very much affects all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Well, actually it may very well affect you.

The unvaccinated are 5 % of the population and yet are occupying 50% of the ICU beds in NSW.

If ICU beds run out, that may force our leaders to buckle and reintroduce lockdowns.

It very much affects all of us.
      It certainly does.

And now the shelves are empty!
      People with Covid disappearing from the workforce in NSW at the rate of 35,000 per day now.
      Luckily, I became a 'prepper' last time. Stocked up in the time of plenty in case the time of empty shelves came again.
      Last time, and after what happened to the people in Texas USA when the major blizzard struck unexpectedly.
      The power went out, and stayed out.
      Petrol pumps work on electricity, the RV - van life / caravan folk couldn't get diesel to run their diesel heaters, their solar panel power ran out.
      Coal-fired home heating and cooking anyone?​​
      Texans were chopping up their furniture for firewood to keep warm.
      You'd hope our politicians of all persuasions get it 100% correct with their future energy decisions, and we're not sitting up in the dark with no heating, no cooling, no cooking, no petrol, no food, no TV, no internet, no footy etc.
      Last edited by bondi.boy; 01-07-2022, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Unproven.
        Proven.

DTele today:
        "The Greek Australian community is in shock after the death of a 23 year old fully vaxxed man who suddenly passed away in Sydney with Covid 19.
        James Kondilios was a science graduate and champion power lifter who was double vaccinated with no underlying conditions.
        He died at St Vincents Hospital where he had been receiving treatment for the virus after suffering severe complications.
        Tributes are flowing for the 23 yr old online, with shattered friends and family pleading with young Australians to take the virus seriously.
        Mr Kondilios grew up in Sydney where he attended Waverley College".

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Proven.

DTele today:
          "The Greek Australian community is in shock after the death of a 23 year old fully vaxxed man who suddenly passed away in Sydney with Covid 19.
          James Kondilios was a science graduate and champion power lifter who was double vaccinated with no underlying conditions.
          He died at St Vincents Hospital where he had been receiving treatment for the virus after suffering severe complications.
          Tributes are flowing for the 23 yr old online, with shattered friends and family pleading with young Australians to take the virus seriously.
          Mr Kondilios grew up in Sydney where he attended Waverley College".
          Just proves the vax is useless, which is why i didn't take it.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
            Difference is that someone else not wearing a seatbelt does not affect you personally by that action or choice. It’s a precaution everyone takes to remain as safe as possible. No different taking the same precaution by being vaxxed.

Theres no witch hunt bud. Just differing opinions that are being thrashed out. It’s strange how those with the rebellious view get so worked up and start throwing insults. It doesn’t do their cause any favors.

The Novak situation is no different to anyone else trying arrive with incorrect credentials and yes, you can be turned away from other countries as well if you cannot prove your vaccination status. Why should we not protect our borders and minimize the risk of adding to the problem or having a new strain bought in?
            This is the thing that these mask less patriots don’t get mate. It’s about looking after everyone in your community. They are just selfish arseholes who only think about themselves.

Give me ONE person who really wants to wear a mask for instance? No one bloody does! We do it to protect not just ourselves but others.
            Last edited by Roosterfarian; 01-07-2022, 10:00 AM.
            Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

This is the thing that these mask less patriots don’t get mate. It’s about looking after everyone in your community. They are just selfish arseholes who only think about themselves.

Give me ONE person who really wants to wear a mask for instance? No one bloody does! We do it to protect not just ourselves but others.
              Research shows the masks are useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post
                So here is one to discuss...

... personally I hate Novak. I hope he gets cancer and dies. However, I just saw an article ridiculing his belief that he has immunity due to already having had the virus. Every scientist I have listened to has suggested that a person who recovers from Covid will develop strong antibodies that will protect them from the virus in the future. For example, if I get Omicron and recover I will have antibodies that protect me from the current strains of Covid.So if that is the case is Novak getting a harsh deal?
                when my daughter and her husband and two children tested positive ( unvaxed at the time ) they isolated for 14 days and we’re told their body will develop immunity for about 6 months ( not forever) and we’re adviced to vaccinate within 4-6 months for maximum benefit. Thankfully they all recovered without any lasting effects and are fully vaccinated now.

Comment

Research shows the masks are useless.
                  Is this the research that Joe from Kentucky did or the one advocated by WHO and an overwhelming number of medically trained and educated professionals?

Curious to know your profession mun? Serious question. What do you do for a living?

Comment

I got kicked out of a bottle shop for not wearing a mask by a crazed lady who had her flared nostrils hanging out the top of her mask while she demanded I get out.

Comment

Without the vax hospital admissions would be much greater and death rates much higher. The vax was never a guarantee but it’s affect is worthwhile.
                      According to stats I read this morning, in NSW 50% of hospital admissions are unvaxxed people. When you consider that only 5% of the NSW population is unvaxxed, this says a lot.

Comment

And you wonder why your daughter ignores you, you stupid fool lol

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

I'll give my basic reason for opposing masks in most settings.

It assumes everyone has Covid, when we need to move to a situation that if your vaxed and self regulate behaviour/isolation we should assume people out in the community don't have it. The same as flu's in the past. Otherwise we will never move on in society. Asymptomatic transmission of viruses risk is something we have lived with all our lives.

You don't keep the car in the garage to avoid having an accident. Or keep it covered up indefinitely might be a closer analogy.

Exceptions for health care worker settings where people are working directly with sick and vulnerable persons.

Comment

I don’t know if I’ve ever come across a bigger dumbass.

like deadset mate, wake up to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                              I got kicked out of a bottle shop for not wearing a mask by a crazed lady who had her flared nostrils hanging out the top of her mask while she demanded I get out.
                              Good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I'll give my basic reason for opposing masks in most settings.

It assumes everyone has Covid, when we need to move to a situation that if your vaxed and self regulate behaviour/isolation we should assume people out in the community don't have it. The same as flu's in the past. Otherwise we will never move on in society. Asymptomatic transmission of viruses risk is something we have lived with all our lives.

You don't keep the car in the garage to avoid having an accident. Or keep it covered up indefinitely might be a closer analogy.

Exceptions for health care worker settings where people are working directly with sick and vulnerable persons.
                                I get your point Jack. But I think we are on a precipice right now and we need to be doing simple things to rein back the case numbers as the hospital system is seeing some decent cracks.

Last year I wasn’t wearing a mask because the case numbers were extremely low because as a country we did the right things to stop the spread. Unfortunately I have had family overseas pass away due to covid because the country let it rip. Don’t want to see our great country go down a similar path.

Comment

Working...
                                X