Coward in Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

No we aren't old MR. We are just wired differently ie didn't need to be told that it's actually not ok to be racist. I watched the documentary on BB King recently and it showed how once his tour bus had bullets fired at it by some small town folk who didn't like a bus load of black people stopping off to refuel. One of the bullets narrowly missed him and the rest of his entourage. Then I watched the one on Nat King Cole and how he had moved into a certain neighbourhood which upset the ladies particularly but ironically they all had his albums in their collections but just didn't want him living on their street. One of them relented and asked him to come and play piano for one of her soirees and was mortified when Nat sent her the bill for his services a few days later..she though he could work for free for her even though by that stage he had his own TV show too.
    Yep these sorts of stories are pretty commonplace unfortunately. But some people seem to think you can only be a victim if you have actual bruises and broken bones to show it. Mental abuse from constant victimisation and discrimination should be treated no differently to physical abuse. Just because you can’t see mental abuse doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Also I’ve just learnt another new term courtesy of this place - ‘alphabet soup brigade’. Thanks to google I am getting wiser every day and who would have thought I could learn so much on a footy forum .

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Mental abuse from constant victimisation and discrimination should be treated no differently to physical abuse.

Yeah tell my missus that! Im 6'4 and she is 5'2 and i'm terrified of her! I used to try and argue back if i didn't agree with her on something....but now im like Al Bundy- slightly brain dead. I just do whatever she wants. Easier

Comment

• Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Yeah tell my missus that! Im 6'4 and she is 5'2 and i'm terrified of her! I used to try and argue back if i didn't agree with her on something....but now im like Al Bundy- slightly brain dead. I just do whatever she wants. Easier
        lol - happy wife happy life

Comment

• Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

So you sit on the lounge with your hand down the front of your pants , shit that was a great show.Ps my missus rules the roost to .German built so I'm not game to fight back.I know I must sleep somtime

Comment

• [QUOTE=Kingbilly: Both sets of "riots" were disgraceful and its indicative of the hypocrisy that they were both not treated the same way.

Hey Billy, I see you're not a Trump fan but, with respect, you're wrong about equivalence.

In a not so veiled way Trump urged the MAGA crowd to "Fight" and he nominated the Republican waverers as the targets. As it was over 100 Senate Republicans voted to reject the election result confirmation and had Pence and the others had the balls to follow suit an unprecedented Constitutional impasse would have resulted - effectively a coup.

It was a close run thing because just by rejecting the result a legal vacuum would be created - there is no Constitutional mechanism that might be employed to provide a remedy. Trump would have remained legally President and Commander in Chief and the Republicans would still have legally held power. In any situation, as we know, "possession" is 90% of the law even possession of political power and what is the military then to do? He's C in C, the legally elected Senate has rejected the result as has a legally elected President (Trump in 2016).

That is the scenario that all of the impeachment fuss has been about and in the light of that BLM pales into insignificance. That is what Trump sought to do, might do yet if elected in '24 and, whatever, it will eventually be the way that Right Wing authoritarianism replaces so called "Democracy" in the US. Like here, the US is a Plutocracy, rule by the rich and when things ominous for them, Fascism becomes the last card in the pack.

Comment

• Paddo Colt 61 You still don't have the brain power to use the quote function. How hard can it be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post
                Paddo Colt 61 You still don't have the brain power to use the quote function. How hard can it be?
                He's explained it before about what happens when he posts. Maybe next time you drop by to Sydney you could go around to Paddo's place & help him out, show him how its done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

He's explained it before about what happens when he posts. Maybe next time you drop by to Sydney you could go around to Paddo's place & help him out, show him how its done.
                  Right, how could you expect a Souffs supporter to use a computer.

Comment

• i think trumps comments before the riot were ambiguous - he said go in peace but he also told people to fight but him not going public as soon as he heard protesters had breached the capitol suggests he supported it.

the biggest problem on the day was the lack of adequate protection of the capitol. the attack on michigan's capitol earlier had shown what was possible. they should have had better defences set up.

but trump's biggest crime was claiming he'd actually won the election without having any evidence to back the claim up. it's no surprise - he says he's a bad loser - but that doesn't excuse it. like mcconnell said - it was that claim which provoked the riot and which meant that trump is morally responsible for what happened.

a big tick for the judges, some appointed by trump, who threw out claims of electoral fraud not based on fact. and a bigger tick for the republican state officials who didn't kowtow to trump's attempts to bully them.

Comment

Working...
                    X