X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugby League can save us all

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

All I know is that I would hate to be a black guy in the USA, especially if you are from the working poor!! Very hard to lift yourself out of that. Then if you do, you have to deal with redlining if trying to move to a nicer neighborhood etc....horrible country to raise a family for anyone let alone working poor people!

In relation to our indigenous, some will know me as being a leftie, but in this case, I really don't know what else we can do. I think both sides of politics has tried and tried but it's hard to change generational poverty in these remote areas. Someone suggested I read the Statement from the Heart where there are some solutions, but I didn't see too much that would create major change. The one thing that did stick out was where the Statement outlines what has been done in the past to try to achieve better outcomes from all parties with lots of indigenous representation, yet there has been minimal change to outcomes.

I need more educating perhaps and am happy to be educated accordingly....but I really don't know what else we can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post
        All I know is that I would hate to be a black guy in the USA, especially if you are from the working poor!! Very hard to lift yourself out of that. Then if you do, you have to deal with redlining if trying to move to a nicer neighborhood etc....horrible country to raise a family for anyone let alone working poor people!

In relation to our indigenous, some will know me as being a leftie, but in this case, I really don't know what else we can do. I think both sides of politics has tried and tried but it's hard to change generational poverty in these remote areas. Someone suggested I read the Statement from the Heart where there are some solutions, but I didn't see too much that would create major change. The one thing that did stick out was where the Statement outlines what has been done in the past to try to achieve better outcomes from all parties with lots of indigenous representation, yet there has been minimal change to outcomes.

I need more educating perhaps and am happy to be educated accordingly....but I really don't know what else we can do.
        Like this well written and agree

Comment

Good to see the storm boys making the point that big hits should happen on the footy field, not off it.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/ne...lbourne-storm/

Comment

If everyone was white or everyone was black, we would still have cops killing criminals and people dying in jails. Playing the race card doesn't change a thing.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
              If everyone was white or everyone was black, we would still have cops killing criminals and people dying in jails. Playing the race card doesn't change a thing.
              if roosters players were sent to the judiciary ten x more than other players you couldn't be sure that it was because they don't like us. but you could be forgiven for thinking it was a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

if roosters players were sent to the judiciary ten x more than other players you couldn't be sure that it was because they don't like us. but you could be forgiven for thinking it was a possibility.
                If we committed 10x more offenses then I would have no problem with it.
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

If we committed 10x more offenses then I would have no problem with it.
                  well you're better than a lot of us.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

well you're better than a lot of us.
                    Not at all mate but if I’m at fault for something I take the blame. If I’m not, I won’t.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

if you have a problem with kneeling, doesn't matter - it's not about kneeling, it's a garden variety statement v racism.
                      Black Lives Matter comes to F1, but some drivers decide not to take a knee

All drivers wore 'End Racism' T-shirts before the race, but six drivers did not take a knee: Verstappen, Leclerc, Kimi Raikkonen, Daniil Kvyat, Antonio Giovinazzi and Carlos Sainz Jr.

Hamilton, the only black driver in F1, wore a T-shirt with 'Black Lives Matter' on the front and 'End Racism' on the back.
                      Ricciardo, who did take a knee, spoke out about the movement on social media over the last month.

"I've certainly been supportive of the Black Lives Matter movement. I've read a lot and tried to learn more about it. It's something which has certainly caught my interest and something I 100 per cent want to support," he said.

"The chat with the drivers was essentially this: all of us are 100 per cent on board with supporting it and ending racism. None of us are 'anti' this. So we all support that.

"I think there was just a little bit of perhaps difficulty with some drivers and their nationality and what perhaps something like taking a knee would represent.

"Obviously the reasons why we will do it is purely to support Black Lives Matter; it's nothing political or anything else. But there is a little bit of a fine line, I think, with some drivers and their nationalities and how it's perceived."

Leclerc said taking a knee "could be seen as controversial in some countries".

"I believe what matters are facts and behaviours in our daily life rather than formal gestures," he said.

"I will not take the knee but this does not mean at all that I am less committed than others in the fight against racism."

Verstappen said: "I am very committed to equality and the fight against racism. But I believe everyone has the right to express themselves at a time and in a way that suits them.

"I will not take the knee today but respect and support the personal choices every driver makes."

Comment

Agree. Some people just want to spread division and hate.

Comment

Black lives matter?
                          obviously not all of them.

Youtube: "Paradise Lost...Homeless in Los Angeles"

Garbage, filth, degradation,

'53 square blocks of suffering, and mental illness, and drugs on a level that is hard to fathom.'

There's a Black man..."I don't feel like a man anymore. When I got here 9 years ago I felt like a man , but at the bins here for 9 years it took a toll on me, and I don't feel like a man anymore."

Disease.."TB has exploded, now typhoid, cholera, bubonic plague is likely already in LA
                          an army of rats millions strong has overthrown Los Angeles. They have infested City Hall, the LA police station in downtown was fined by the State for rodent infestation...cops have been infected with typhoid fever, hepatitis A, and staph" says the Dr who has a radio program.

There's another Black man, saying that "we're nearly at the end of our existence on earth".
                          More Black people, lots of them, lots and lots of them, living in the filth, garbage, disease, and degradation.

"Black lives matter"?
                          Last edited by bondi.boy; 07-14-2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Hey Nicola Tesla, you should not ever be self conscious about being a "lefty", quite the contrary. Although many of them don't realise it, the majority of us are lefties (or Social Democrats as the Left is characterised in Australia) and "our way of life" is pretty much built on the social benefits that have been won by Unions and their parliamentary reps. If asked the overwhelming majority would concede that universal health care, regulated industrial relations. pensions, unemployment cover, consumer protection and just about everything that doesn't exist in the USA are essential to the ordinary person's enjoyment of life.

So how come mugs on this site and elsewhere can get away with that mindless "Lefty" sneer? It's complicated but the major enabler is the Media. especially the dumb, blokey hacks in the employ of News Ltd. The poor dopes here at the Pen who parrot "Lefty" and "woke" are the dupes of a guy who had domestic servants during the Great Depression and who along with the Institute of Public Affairs,
                            The same media that is all but ignoring the aged care tragedy except to try to pin it on Andrews, the almost incredible iCare scandal, the NBN disaster and looking back, the Child Care fiasco where Fast Eddie someone or other was given a virtual monopoly, went broke despite countless millions of subsidy dollars followed by countless millions spent to bail out the sector. Oz media? It is, and always has been, a millstone around the neck of progress, the champion of privilege and the enabler of crony Capitalism and I don't exclude the Guardian!

Comment

Mmmm.. the foregoing got posted prematurely and I was going to add (in paragraph 2) that Murdoch, the IPA and the Business Council of Australia have an agenda which aims to wind back the benefits that we enjoy in favour of a more American model and the the no talent "journalists" most of whom left school at the end of year 10 are complicit in that.
                              Why apologise to mugs for being a "lefty" or "woke"? Wear the label with pride. It signals that you think about issues, are mindful of the welfare of your children and that the slowness of the buffering on Netlix (the Libs' NBN again) or who got kicked off the island are unimportant in your life. Let ol' Jax bloviate on about Anzac Day, champion the rich and blame the victim at every opportunity. The worst sneer of all should be that you are a dupe of Murdoch.

Comment

Moving away from the tunnel vision and rose coloured glasses and getting back on topic.

Someone earlier mentioned its a different situation here and it most certainly is. Its alot more about culture and heritage I think.

I will admit upfront I have no indigenous blood but I do a little bit of work with indigenous footballers. In my opinion, which maybe right or wrong, I think the solution can be found in education.
                                Many Indigenous kids can't cope with the standard education system. More of their heritage should be incorporated and should have more involvement from elders and having the importantance of their culture emphasised may give them a better sense of identity.
                                Combined with that more culture needs to be taught in our schools to all kids. As an Australian I should be (and I am) proud of the original cultures of our country. They are part of what makes it a great country.

But the 2 big things are the decisions need have a heavy involvement of Indigenous people far too many decisions do not. Also people like Jacinta Price and Nyunggai Warren Mundine should not be vilified for telling truths that may not sit comfortably with some people
                                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X