Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All things CHINA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...icked-out.html

Outraged Australians want the Chinese ambassador expelled for his 'threats of economic coercion' in revenge for a coronavirus inquiry.

Jingye Cheng triggered a diplomatic firestorm by warning Scott Morrison's push for an inquiry into the origins of coronavirus would lead to a boycott of Australia.
    His outrageous threats to wreck Australia's economy prompted angry calls on social media for him to be banished under diplomatic protocol.

'The Chinese Ambassador has publicly engaged in threats and intimidating behaviour that is unacceptable to the people of Australia and must be removed,' a petition read.

He said China had for many years quietly and insidiously influenced Australian policy and Mr Cheng's outbursts finally brought it into the open.

Hu Xijin, editor of the state-run Global Times, on Tuesday night threw fuel on the fire by making even less veiled boycott threats.
    'Australia is always there, making trouble. It is a bit like chewing gum stuck on the sole of China's shoes. Sometimes you have to find a stone to rub it off,' he said.

Professor Hamilton said Mr Xijin's extraordinary comments helped expose the lie that was China's professed friendship with Australia.
    'They show how the the Chinese Communist Party has always thought of Australia,' he said.

'It's important to acknowledge that because so many prominent Australians have fallen for the friendship trap and talk in these dreamy-eyed ways about how China is our friend and we have to behave like friends.
    'No, China is not our friend, it is hostile towards Australia and our interests and we should go into negotiations with them understanding that.'

#####

Well there you go, it has been stated clearly by Professor Hamilton.
    All laid bare for everyone to see. See crystal-clearly.

Not too sure an inquiry into where the Coronavirus started etc is worth starting a trade war about.

More than a few lines of text from the link quoted in case the link disappears from the internet.

I am thankful for their invention of paper.
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
      Sorbent?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Sorbent?
        That was a variation of the original. I am also thankful for that
        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

While war has broken out in the main forum, I can't help but laugh at BB bunkered down in this tiny town away from the madness.

I like you a lot BB but you do amuse me.

Comment

I have some old crockery which is a heirloom, its made from bone China ,man.
            Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
              I'm thankful for Sweet and Sour Pork.
              Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                While war has broken out in the main forum, I can't help but laugh at BB bunkered down in this tiny town away from the madness.
                It's what they said they wanted.
                There were many complaints.
                I listened to the complaints and (not wanting to offend) said I would change the way I do things, which I'm doing.
                I thank you greatly for your support...please don't get yourself into arguments on my behalf.

Now redwhiteandblue is being called a sock puppet!
                ...in 8 pages of mostly off-topic posts in a thread started by a complainant!

Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-14-2020, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Morning bondi.boy
                  Just wanted to let you know that Im having fried rice for lunch.
                  Does that mean I support China?

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

It's what they said they wanted.
                    There were many complaints.
                    I listened to the complaints and (not wanting to offend) said I would change the way I do things, which I'm doing.
                    I thank you greatly for your support...please don't get yourself into arguments on my behalf.

Now redwhiteandblue is being called a sock puppet!
                    ...in 8 pages of mostly off-topic posts in a thread started by a complainant!
                    No worries mate. I hate bullying in any format and social media is the worst as people have no fear or decency filter if they are inclined to be combative as a person anyway.

Please don't think any of this is your fault at all.

And as I said before don't try and please everyone on here. A small minority don't have your best interests at heart.

Don't go changing , as they say.

Comment

Our barley exports to China were killed off by China the other day.
                      Then our beef exports to China were seriously sliced by China yesterday.
                      "Labelling and quality issues" - China.
                      Total bunkum according tv commentators last night.
                      One affected farmer, who shall remain nameless, said in private last night:
                      something not very nice.

Dutton just said on the radio:
                      "Let the diplomats handle it."

Too much diplomacy already.
                      Time for action.
                      Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-14-2020, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                        Morning bondi.boy
                        Just wanted to let you know that Im having fried rice for lunch.
                        Does that mean I support China?
                        If the rice comes from China...yes.

We could grow rice here if China didn't
                        "own more water than in Sydney harbour" here.

Comment

Chinese rice is nasty. The most delicious rice comes from Japan.

Comment

My post from the Qld Clothes forum....ready to be hammered by Bondi Boy!

Even in their own country the Chinese cant buy a property- its on a 99 year lease to the CCP. Thats what is meant in the ACA report that they like buying here to "secure" their wealth.

I find it appalling when they are allowed to buy property for "when they are not in China".....a loophole because if they are not living in it they legally have to sell. I don't buy what The Real Estate Institute of Australia claim that overseas buyers adds to the supply of housing and that keeps rents down. We are literally selling ourselves away to keep inefficient governments propped up with stamp duty and fees. I wouldn't discriminate against the Chinese because id make that law for any non Australian citizen. Id like to see anyone who is exploiting the law have the property confiscated-as what happens with property purchased with proceeds of crime.

What i find frustrating is all this talk about limiting trade with China. The trade surplus is in our favour- we are winning every year.We cannot win a trade war with China. It was totally reckless when Scomo/Dutton started talking tough to China. Now the Chinese have fired off a warning with the tariffs on barley and stopping the beef exports. Are any of our allies going to step up and buy from us?? 1200 jobs now in jeopardy just in the meat industry-and thats just the start.

Heres what really pissing me off....our government only started talking tough at the prompting of the White House because Trump ran out of people to blame for his inept response to the virus. No country had endorsed what he said...nor have pulled funding for The WHO- the world was united to start investigations into the pandemic when all was under control. Just because Trump has divided his own country doesn't mean he can do it with the whole world- the Europeans have made it very clear that they are going to unite to get through all this.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                              Our barley exports to China were killed off by China the other day.
                              Then our beef exports to China were seriously sliced by China yesterday.
                              "Labelling and quality issues" - China.
                              Total bunkum according tv commentators last night.
                              One affected farmer, who shall remain nameless, said in private last night:
                              something not very nice.

Dutton just said on the radio:
                              "Let the diplomats handle it."

Too much diplomacy already.
                              Time for action.
                              Nice of Mr Potato Head Dutton to say "let the diplomates handle it" considering his potty mouth caused it- along with Scomo's. Trade Minister Simon Birmingham was shitting bricks because his Chinese counterparts weren't taking his call.

Heres an idea.....why doesn't Scomo give Trump a call and say "we were the only country in the world who backed you up, so can you start buying our beef and barley?".

Comment

Working...
                              X