No announcement yet.

Domestic/International Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB the Murdoch control and manipulation is a popular myth, certainly in Oz. Bit like that other big'un CC.

The mainstream media is very anti Murdoch and it's flagbearers include channels 9, 10, 7, ABC and SBS (the latter two we involuntarily fund to peddle their nonsense).

Add the Guardian, news.com etc. and it amazes me how conservative values and governments still prosper.

I thank the quiet Aussies.

They know and see through the loud bullying of the hardcore lefties.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
      BB the Murdoch control and manipulation is a popular myth, certainly in Oz. Bit like that other big'un CC.

The mainstream media is very anti Murdoch and it's flagbearers include channels 9, 10, 7, ABC and SBS (the latter two we involuntarily fund to peddle their nonsense).

Add the Guardian, news.com etc. and it amazes me how conservative values and governments still prosper.

News.com is Murdoch .. good gag
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

Is it? Well I think that kind of proves my point then...it certainly is left leaning in content from my observations. Shows how balanced Uncle Rupert is.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

how should the 'Christian West' make them pay?
          By passing the collection plate around at Mass or at the Pentecostal tithe giving collection lol....

Or perhaps at a Trump Hotel or resort near them........
          Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
          What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

put our trust in the Donald?
            Ronald Mc....
            Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 05-09-2020, 01:55 PM.

Pathetic!
            What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
              http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/...&OCID=AVRES000

Violence erupts as Chinese officials raid Christian church, drag out members

Video footage from inside a Christian church in China shows officials raiding, violently dragging out members mid-service.

The shocking scene comes as communist China is under fire for its handling of the coronavirus pandemic, which originated in Wuhan.
              ChinaAid, a Christian watchdog group on persecution in the most populous nation, posted the story this week from the church in the southeastern Fujian province.

#####

Time for the 'Christian West' to make China pay.
              China persecutes all religions not just Christianity, wondering if you are aware of what is happening to the Ughers? A muslim minority who live in a western province, it is truly shocking what the CCP are doing to those beautiful people.....

Then there is Tibet.....

Pathetic!
              What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

There's no one else with enough power.
                He would have had a lot more soft and diplomatic power and the West would have collectively too if he hadn't wrecked the US's diplomatic relations with the EU, etc.

He could have and may still have the ability but I am not sure the EU are so keen to follow him, to sanction, embargo and effectively isolate China from the rest of the World.

Military might is not an option as there is the risk it will be an endless war like in Korea, South America was in the 70s and 80s, Vietnam, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan or worst case scenario, nukes involved and with the response from China and probably their Communist mates Russia and North Korea, the end of the world due to MAD....

Pathetic!
                What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Is it? Well I think that kind of proves my point then...it certainly is left leaning in content from my observations. Shows how balanced Uncle Rupert is.
                  Lol .. He’s here all day. Try the steak!

I worked there 10 years, they ain’t left
                  ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

I thought JFC was losing the plot when he said that news.com was anti Murdoch......but he now has rectified in saying balanced.

Isn't that what we want JFC, but even balanced is not good enough?????
                    Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 05-09-2020, 01:51 PM.

Pathetic!
                    What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Maybe 7 and 9 not so complimentary of Murdoch to a degree as they are competitors but.......

9 and 7 are not left leaning either the last time I checked, sure a few of their personalities are not the biggest fans of our current government but I hazard a guess most of the big shareholders behind those 2 networks are usually right ring or at least centrists. I somehow don't think a bullying bunch of hardcore lefties own 7 or 9 lol.....

Pathetic!
                      What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

[QUOTE

Woolly thinking about Trump?
                        Trump has never been hidden, he's always been in in full view.
                        The American people elected Trump as their President under exactly the same system as they elected Obama President.
                        Trump was elected President to Make America Great Again, take the country back from the brigades or "political correctness", "tolerance-everyone in the world is a lovely person", "anchor babies", "sanctuary cities", "massive immigration", "illegal immigration is great", "climate change" madness etc.
                        Trump is Australia's only real hope of defending itself.

Buffoon?
                        He needs to listen more and speak less.[/QUOTE]

Your writing style can really change. I guess thats why everyone thinks you have a few aliases here.

Nonetheless let me agree with you on some points. Yes he has never been hidden and his corruption & history of past failures has been there for all to see.

Yes America did vote him in under the same system as Obama....even if he lost the popular vote by 3 million to Hilary.

Yes he did put a dent in political correctness. He has divided the US and now in a time of crisis that divide is toxic.

He doesn't need to worry about immigration now the whole world can see what a shit hole the US is. You would be coming from a low base if immigrating to the USA is going to provide you with a better life.

You go on about Americas military power but it's just all show with the development of nuclear weapons. They have never attacked a country with nuclear warheads and never will.

Why do we need defending? Who would want to attack Australia and for what reason? If we have enemies its only because we have tagged along with the USA in useless and baseless wars like Iraq & Afghanistan.....but really we don't have enemies and nor we should

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                          [QUOTE

Your writing style can really change. I guess thats why everyone thinks you have a few aliases here.
                          Mostly it goes down the page in short sentences..."dot point" guy...never been much good at essays.
                          But if that looks strange to me...if there's a list of things, I'll continue along the lines.
                          Links, then some text [some people don't like clicking on links.]
                          Sometimes short messages...sometimes longer...it's all me...under my name.
                          I try to make it easy to read.
                          Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-09-2020, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

Maybe 7 and 9 not so complimentary of Murdoch to a degree as they are competitors but.......

9 and 7 are not left leaning either the last time I checked, sure a few of their personalities are not the biggest fans of our current government but I hazard a guess most of the big shareholders behind those 2 networks are usually right ring or at least centrists. I somehow don't think a bullying bunch of hardcore lefties own 7 or 9 lol.....
                            Mate the bullying is from the social media warriors, protesters, behaviours in everyday life etc...notsomuch the media outlets themselves, but they do Infuence things big-time.

7 is probably the best of the fta networks. Channel 10 the worst in terms of bias and unprofessionalism. I'm embarrassed for Sandra Sully some of the lines she is fed as a newsreader. Won't mention the ABC at this point...our taxes are well spent (cough).

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                              [QUOTE

Woolly thinking about Trump?
                              Trump has never been hidden, he's always been in in full view.
                              The American people elected Trump as their President under exactly the same system as they elected Obama President.
                              Trump was elected President to Make America Great Again, take the country back from the brigades or "political correctness", "tolerance-everyone in the world is a lovely person", "anchor babies", "sanctuary cities", "massive immigration", "illegal immigration is great", "climate change" madness etc.
                              Trump is Australia's only real hope of defending itself.

Buffoon?
                              He needs to listen more and speak less.

Nonetheless let me agree with you on some points. Yes he has never been hidden and his corruption & history of past failures has been there for all to see.
                              Yes America did vote him in under the same system as Obama....even if he lost the popular vote by 3 million to Hilary.

Yes he did put a dent in political correctness. He has divided the US and now in a time of crisis that divide is toxic.
                              He doesn't need to worry about immigration now the whole world can see what a shit hole the US is. You would be coming from a low base if immigrating to the USA is going to provide you with a better life.

You go on about Americas military power but it's just all show with the development of nuclear weapons. They have never attacked a country with nuclear warheads and never will.
                              Why do we need defending? Who would want to attack Australia and for what reason? If we have enemies its only because we have tagged along with the USA in useless and baseless wars like Iraq & Afghanistan.....but really we don't have enemies and nor we should[/QUOTE]

The popular vote...most of the left all crammed into two states.
                              Under the electoral college system the votes of people in all states count...including the White folks in small towns HRC dissed bigtime, called "deplorables" etc. And lost herself the election.

We need defending.
                              Why?
                              Land...all that land we have, just sitting there waiting to be taken by anyone and everyone in Asia/Africa/Middle East etc.
                              What is stopping them?
                              Not our military might, not even as powerful as Indonesia's military.
                              China though seems to have decided to just buy Australia rather than take her by force.

America's military might is stopping any invaders.
                              The sooner those promised new US military bases appear here the better I'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

China persecutes all religions not just Christianity, wondering if you are aware of what is happening to the Ughers? A muslim minority who live in a western province, it is truly shocking what the CCP are doing to those beautiful people.....

Then there is Tibet.....
                                I am aware.
                                Time China was held to account...starting on our soil.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/30/w...-protests.html

Chinese Nationalists Bring Threat of Violence to Australia Universities

A clash with Hong Kong supporters at a student protest could be a dark omen of what’s to come.

BRISBANE, Australia — The Chinese nationalists disrupting pro-Hong Kong democracy rallies at the University of Queensland arrived 300 strong, with a speaker to blast China’s national anthem. They deferred to a leader in a pink shirt. And their tactics included violence.

Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-09-2020, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X