0%
    Labour
    3.85%
    Liberal
    26.92%
    The Sydney Football Stadium
    30.77%
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Can you please mark me off the electoral roll?

Comment

Bring it home Gladys. Daddy needs a new stadium.

Comment

IMO Roosters will win and Libs will form a minority government (very much a poison chalice rather than a 'win').

Libs have done everything to lose power and Gladys is extremely unpopular (lockout laws, stadium pork barrelling, $$$ blown on delayed trams, dysfunctional Opal cards...etc are all unacceptable). However, the ALP haven't done enough to win it and Daley's comments about 'Asians with PHD's' taking jobs will rightly cost him a serious amount of credibility (like you Calzone, my wife's from an Asian background and this kinda shyte p!sses me off).

Lose lose situation for all really with few good options. I fear the real winners will be One Nation and the Shooters party, unfortunately.

In addition:
        - Stuart Ayres will lose his seat because of the whole stadium and $40 million farm to a friend (who bought back the important parts for $2 million - ICAC will get him for that if he somehow manages to keep his seat) shambles will rightly cost him his already rather flukey and gratuitous political career. I'm sure ACPE will have another marketing job for him to go back to.
        - Gladys will be crucified for a horrible result (i.e. minority government with reactionary far-right nutters taking the balance of power). A new leader will take over within 12 months and the first thing to go down the drain will be the $1 billion stadium re-build (which didn't even buy Alan Jones' backing as he went and endorsed frigging Mark Latham!!! What a waste...)
        - The stadium plan is dead no matter who wins because the budget figures were all cooked. The $18 million reno has all been planned and costed... I'm expecting it to be delivered for $50 million by whoever replaces Gladys. Also, Lendlease is going down the gurgler (i.e. about to become insolvent) so just like the tram plan... we will see significant delays as a result of backing a struggling company.
        - NSW is faaarked as there is no good outcome in this election. Unfortunately Stuart Ayers (the frigging 'shoot the boot' jester from ACPE) chose to tangle us up in all of this with a massive piece of pork barrelling aimed at buying out Alan Jones. Bet he'll be pretty happy to be leaving politics and like old mate Calzone from Wilston, they'll find him a cushy job in the short-term (probably in some middle management role with an auditing firm to shut him up and protect their interests without giving him enough power to embarrass them).
        - Easts will win in 2019!!! Always a silver lining
        Last edited by ism22; 03-23-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Roosters had better win. Bondi v Manly.

NSW govt has been stuffed since spending too much on the Olympics. Should have been flourishing in that time. So it’s hardly anything new. At least they’re trying to finally build some infrastructure, such as roads , hospitals, rail and maybe a stadium or three.
          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Not sure who will win, but obviously hope we will.

I voted Labor but it's not the end of the world if Gladys wins. I like her unassuming style and think she's gone into politics for the right reasons.

Can't be sure what effect the result will have on the Stadium - it's not a simple Coalition wins/Stadium built - Labor wins/Stadium not built.

Comment

Easts to win.

Michael Daley to move permanently to reside just outside Allianz Stadium where he likes to stand.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                - The stadium plan is dead no matter who wins because the budget figures were all cooked. The $18 million reno has all been planned and costed... I'm expecting it to be delivered for $50 million by whoever replaces Gladys. Also, Lendlease is going down the gurgler (i.e. about to become insolvent) so just like the tram plan... we will see significant delays as a result of backing a struggling company.

Lend Lease is about to become insolvent......wow!!! Yeah their profits taken a hammering and so has the share price but insolvent? How did you come to that conclusion?

Comment

We’ve lost a couple of worthy candidates in Cronk and Friend but I still think we’ll win by a slandslide of 10 +seats.
                  Liberals to win with Gladys the housekeeper to lead the way. Sorry but the name Gladys reminds me of a 60s Children TV sitcom.

Comment

Voted Roosters I.e liberal
                    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                      We’ve lost a couple of worthy candidates in Cronk and Friend but I still think we’ll win by a slandslide of 10 +seats.
                      Liberals to win with Gladys the housekeeper to lead the way. Sorry but the name Gladys reminds me of a 60s Children TV sitcom.
                      Is it just me but I think of Dame Edna?

Last edited by The Axe; 03-23-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Liberals to win with Gladys the housekeeper to lead the way. Sorry but the name Gladys reminds me of a 60s Children TV sitcom.*
                        *90's episode of The Simpsons... you're not 80 years old, I might remind you.

Comment

. Sorry but the name Gladys reminds me of a 60s Children TV sitcom.
                          Gladys Kravitz ?

Comment

It doesnt matter who you vote for. Its going to be built/reno'd new or not and will be a crap load better than before even though I didnt have a problem with it the way it was.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Gladys won!

We get our new stadium!

Yippee!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X