•  

Comment

•  

Comment

•  

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
          One of the most beautiful songs ever.
          Not a song I listen to much. But completely agree it is one of the most beautiful songs ever. I recall hearing it as a young child in the car on 2CH I just closed my eyes and listened to her sing. Another time was when I was at what was looking back on life, was in the midst of the lowest and most tumultuous point of it. Came on the radio late at night when I couldnt sleep. Laid back lights off and listened Robertas voice, so soothing it made me feel at ease. Whilst I dont listen to the song often, it is a song close to my heart and soul. Thanks for sharing it

The other song of hers I liked was Killing Me Softly
          Last edited by Andrew Walker; 01-25-2021, 02:07 PM.
          We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
          Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

Not a song I listen to much. But completely agree it is one of the most beautiful songs ever. I recall hearing it as a young child in the car on 2CH I just closed my eyes and listened to her sing. Another time was when I was at what was looking back on life, was in the midst of the lowest and most tumultuous point of it. Came on the radio late at night when I couldnt sleep. Laid back lights off and listened Robertas voice, so soothing it made me feel at ease. Whilst I dont listen to the song often, it is a song close to my heart and soul. Thanks for sharing it

I listened to 2CH when I was in hospital because I couldn't stand having the TV on.I remember messaging Horrie to tell him this even though I was doped to the eyeballs..I was listening to Johnny Young..I still remember..did I also tell you about the woman dressed head to toe in vermin gear inside the foyer of St Vincent's Private when I was checking out? It was 10am Friday 15 June 2017 and I kept saying is this why you gave me sick bags? . When I did a lot of overtime at the bank head office from 7am to 8pm, I used to then come home and listen to Love Song Dedications to help me unwind and sleep as my Mum was getting unwell during that time too. Love this one:

and this one is from Love Song Dedications

"It's these little things, they can pull you under
            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• This one of Bonnie Tyler's got buried as everyone was listening TO THAT OTHER SONG from this album. This one is much better in my opinion:

"It's these little things, they can pull you under

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

Played The First Time and Killing Me Softly today, both beautiful and timeless songs.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

I listened to 2CH when I was in hospital because I couldn't stand having the TV on.I remember messaging Horrie to tell him this even though I was doped to the eyeballs..I was listening to Johnny Young..I still remember..did I also tell you about the woman dressed head to toe in vermin gear inside the foyer of St Vincent's Private when I was checking out? It was 10am Friday 15 June 2017 and I kept saying is this why you gave me sick bags? . When I did a lot of overtime at the bank head office from 7am to 8pm, I used to then come home and listen to Love Song Dedications to help me unwind and sleep as my Mum was getting unwell during that time too. Love this one:

Going to have Garth on shuffle tonight.

Comment

• I miss Ted Mulry

Comment

• "It's these little things, they can pull you under

Comment

• Has to be this one - Frank Sinatra said it was best love song ever written

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UelD...TheBeatlesVEVO

Comment

• As a heartbroken 24 year old who had lost the love of his life , ' Let go ' by Brian Cadd was my go to .https://youtu.be/Zgo1Y8c9gmg

Comment

• Originally posted by Crab View Post
                            As a heartbroken 24 year old who had lost the love of his life , ' Let go ' by Brian Cadd was my go to .https://youtu.be/Zgo1Y8c9gmg
                            I have a different affiliation with that song, being driven to work back in 2005 an unlicensed taxi driver decided to turn his taxi right into the path of our car and write it off in Alexandria. I remember sitting up in the ambulance being taken to RPA hospital watching people heading to work along King St Newtown while Let Go by Brian Cadd was playing on the radio, very surreal experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

I have a different affiliation with that song, being driven to work back in 2005 an unlicensed taxi driver decided to turn his taxi right into the path of our car and write it off in Alexandria. I remember sitting up in the ambulance being taken to RPA hospital watching people heading to work along King St Newtown while Let Go by Brian Cadd was playing on the radio, very surreal experience.
                              Glad you survived mate , that would commit a song to memory . Like your namesake one tough rooster and one of my favourites. I don't remember him missing a game , or if he did it was only one .

Comment

• Originally posted by Crab View Post

Glad you survived mate , that would commit a song to memory . Like your namesake one tough rooster and one of my favourites. I don't remember him missing a game , or if he did it was only one .
                                Thanks mate, only ended up with a bit of bruising , was totally winded by the air bags, the car was a write off and only had it a few months but got a complete replacement for it, i couldn’t go past the intersection for months later even as a passenger without wincing and remembering the accident. Yes Kevin Hastings was a tough bugger, he did miss a good part of the 1985 season when he broke his arm against Canberra at the Sports Ground. Let Go comes up on my IPOD quite regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X