No announcement yet.

10 things that annoy me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never watched a reality show in my life. I believe they have script writers...LOL..contradiction in terms
    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Yes these systems are supposed to be put in place to make life easier and quicker but all it does is create a false sense of awareness. I still pay cash wherever I can and still use housekeeping money like a 1950's housewife but at least I can stick to my budget.
      Yes same here, always carry cash on me and pay cash most part, also put cash away each week for the groceries.

Comment

No, these are people who live in my neighbourhood who come out of their apartments, houses etc onto the bus before 6am. Construction crews start at 7am. I have one going on behind me right now in the property up the back.
        Ahh oh I see, perhaps the dudes are all stressed out and forgot to top up their accounts or cards lol.

I haven't done it on a bus but once or twice I have been short at my local cafe but as I am a regular I stepped aside and let them serve the next customer while I did the bank transfer for more funds which takes me usually 30 seconds.
        Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Yes same here, always carry cash on me and pay cash most part, also put cash away each week for the groceries.
          LOL I haven't taken cash out since March..what is it again?

Comment

LOL I haven't taken cash out since March..what is it again?
            I still have people coming into the shop asking whether it is still all right to pay with cash. I still carry cash with me but the visits to the ATM are less frequent these days. Also got a big refund back on my credit card from my airfares for the cancelled over seas trip so slowly whittling that down so not using as much cash at the moment.

Comment

I still have people coming into the shop asking whether it is still all right to pay with cash. I still carry cash with me but the visits to the ATM are less frequent these days. Also got a big refund back on my credit card from my airfares for the cancelled over seas trip so slowly whittling that down so not using as much cash at the moment.
              I'm so glad you got all those refunds and I'm sorry you never got to go. I don't know if I'll ever get back to London in the next couple of years to see my new great-niece who will be born next March. I saw a great place in Soho called Dean St Townhouses to stay but don't know when I'll get there next.

Comment

I'm so glad you got all those refunds and I'm sorry you never got to go. I don't know if I'll ever get back to London in the next couple of years to see my new great-niece who will be born next March. I saw a great place in Soho called Dean St Townhouses to stay but don't know when I'll get there next.
                Thank you, it was great getting just about all the refunds back, still waiting on one deposit but have been guaranteed it , it will just be later in the year. with the big trip planned this year that didn't happen i'm glad i got away to Singapore last year, i remember the debate at the time, it was between Darwin and Singapore, i was more keen on Darwin but glad Singapore won out. Yes i'm not sure about any major overseas travel now, i was so looking forward to seeing Kew Gardens again which is my favourite spot in the world, not to mention Brighton and also Sitges in Spain. I hope that we all get to travel again but in reality i think it is still a long way off.
                Last edited by horrie hastings; 10-15-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Thank you, it was great getting just about all the refunds back, still waiting on one deposit but have been guaranteed it , it will just be later in the year. with the big trip planned this year that didn't happen i'm glad i got away to Singapore last year, i remember the debate at the time, it was between Darwin and Singapore, i was more keen on Darwin but glad Singapore won out. Yes i'm not sure about any major overseas travel now, i was so looking forward to seeing Kew Gardens again which is my favourite spot in the world, not to mention Brighton and also Sitges in Spain. I hope that we all get to travel again but in reality i think it is still a long way off.
                  Funny one of my favourite spots in the world is in London too, the V & A Museum. Have to be content in continuing to watch the ABC documentary on it for now. My other favourite city is San Francisco and Canada is on my list for when I'm older as it's a good place to tour during retirement years as it's very civilised and easy to get around on those tours.

Comment

Funny one of my favourite spots in the world is in London too, the V & A Museum. Have to be content in continuing to watch the ABC documentary on it for now. My other favourite city is San Francisco and Canada is on my list for when I'm older as it's a good place to tour during retirement years as it's very civilised and easy to get around on those tours.
                    Have always wanted to go back to San Fran after my first trip there in 2014, hope i get the chance to go back but even pre covid i had doubts about going back to the US while Donald is in office. London has so many great places but i always feel totally at peace when i'm in Kew Gardens, it is amazing, i do hope to get back to Brighton also , such an amazing place.
                    I have mixed feelings about Canada, had a trip booked there back in 1997 but had to cancel it because the better half got cancer a few weeks out before leaving, of course everything is alright health wise now ( actually last week marked 22 years ago for the last chemo ) so that is always in the back of my mind when Canada comes up as a holiday destination in our house.

Comment

Have always wanted to go back to San Fran after my first trip there in 2014, hope i get the chance to go back but even pre covid i had doubts about going back to the US while Donald is in office. London has so many great places but i always feel totally at peace when i'm in Kew Gardens, it is amazing, i do hope to get back to Brighton also , such an amazing place.
                      I have mixed feelings about Canada, had a trip booked there back in 1997 but had to cancel it because the better half got cancer a few weeks out before leaving, of course everything is alright health wise now ( actually last week marked 22 years ago for the last chemo ) so that is always in the back of my mind when Canada comes up as a holiday destination in our house.
                      Very grateful for the wonders of medicine.

Comment

Very grateful for the wonders of medicine.
                        Yes thank full for every time day that goes past since then, always great full when a mile stone date comes up like that and everything is still good. Another reason why i have reservations about Canada is that my nephew in law died from the same form of cancer a few years back and he had moved and was living in Canada

Comment

Yes thank full for every time day that goes past since then, always great full when a mile stone date comes up like that and everything is still good. Another reason why i have reservations about Canada is that my nephew in law died from the same form of cancer a few years back and he had moved and was living in Canada
                          I never did forget that time and I always think of him even though obviously I did not know him. One of my sisters was only 6 when she died before I was born and Mum said the Beatles were in Australia at the time and she had a Yeah Yeah Yeah headband in the Mater Hospital in Brisbane with her. Every time I hear that song, I know she is around me.

Comment

Thank you , it was a very sad time as he was about to be married also. That is sad about your sister even though it was before you were born, i remember my father said to me once that i would have had an older brother but he was still born, my older sister who you have met said it didn't happen from her memory and i don't want to bring it up with my mother who's mind has gone but a spirit reader also mentioned it to me many years ago and said he was looking over me and it s funny because i have always felt that someone close that had passed was protecting me even before the reader mentioned it.

Comment

Why do people want to walk through the area you are cleaning up in the shop when someone has broken a bottle in the shop? there are wet floor signs there and i am mopping but they still either move the wet floor sign or push their trolley right through the sign instead of walking around to the next aisle, most of the people who push the trolleys through the sign are plugged in and not paying attention to anything, i only think of what they would be like behind the wheel of a car

Comment

Thank you , it was a very sad time as he was about to be married also. That is sad about your sister even though it was before you were born, i remember my father said to me once that i would have had an older brother but he was still born, my older sister who you have met said it didn't happen from her memory and i don't want to bring it up with my mother who's mind has gone but a spirit reader also mentioned it to me many years ago and said he was looking over me and it s funny because i have always felt that someone close that had passed was protecting me even before the reader mentioned it.
                                You know how I was speaking to my reader on the phone the other night? She said 2 out of the 3 of my sisters who have passed have been like a buffer between me and anyone who is trying to upset me. When my cousin passed from pancreatic cancer, on that same Sunday I had my pancreatitis attack on Sunday 21 May 2017 during a Bulldogs game. He would have been 60 a few days later on 26 May, the same day as one of my sisters.

Comment

Working...
                                X