Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US women's soccer coach Andonovski sacked- any relevance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US women's soccer coach Andonovski sacked- any relevance?

Andonovski was determined to use a system that didn’t play to his players’ strengths, and he proved incapable of making adjustments even when it was clear it wasn’t working. The USWNT was so focused on trying to make the bad fit work it sucked the joy out of their game and robbed individual players of their creativity.

Andonovski, who resigned Wednesday as USWNT coach, wasn’t the one sending shots wide or over the crossbar or taking an extra step or three rather than shooting. But the players don’t have problems finishing at the club level, and you have to wonder if they spent so much time thinking about how they were playing that they were paralyzed when they did have opportunities.

Originally posted by ithepact View Post
    Andonovski was determined to use a system that didn’t play to his players’ strengths, and he proved incapable of making adjustments even when it was clear it wasn’t working. The USWNT was so focused on trying to make the bad fit work it sucked the joy out of their game and robbed individual players of their creativity.

Andonovski, who resigned Wednesday as USWNT coach, wasn’t the one sending shots wide or over the crossbar or taking an extra step or three rather than shooting. But the players don’t have problems finishing at the club level, and you have to wonder if they spent so much time thinking about how they were playing that they were paralyzed when they did have opportunities.
    Reads like it was written by the Buzz Rothfield equivalent in women's soccer reporting.

Comment

They under-performed. He got sacked. The world moved on...

Side note, today an ABC article noted (without my level of skepticism) that the 'most female soccer players are gay' claims came from a Greek lesbian who has charted up all the 'gay' players based on their social media photos. Two girls hugging after a game? Must be a couple... lesbians. Girl sitting on another girl's lap at a party and laughing while drunk? Definitely gay.

Love that they're supporting diversity but I suspect the same metric would't stack-up if you went on social media and started 'outing' NRL players as being couples every time they're caught having a hug. Noting I'm totally not gay... I'm married to a woman... I just happen to like looking at SBW/Sua'ali'i/Manu when they have their shirts off.
      Last edited by ism22; 08-18-2023, 11:22 PM.

Comment

they're saying that the sacking might mean that our coach goes to america.
        unless the roosters are supposed to learn lessons from the sacking? that's a long bow

Comment

Working...
        X