No announcement yet.

Flanagan offered more than Lam...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has a job to do and most of that is not obvious and he does it as he should. Remember this Flanagan cost is the semi against Penrith by rushing out of the line to avoid tackling (among other things)
    Lam will at least make an effort and generally his execution is good.
    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
    sigpic

Comment

The turning point was the ridiculous sin binning. A 14 point turnaround.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
        2/10

‘bout the same as your Westy support
        Call the Salvation Army they care

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post
          He was actually having a decent game until the ref decided to ruin it
          I thought the same. Once that happened he had to try well beyond his limits and it showed. Too much expectation and pressure on the poor bloke to bring us back into it and he crumbled.
          Drink some hand sanitizer and inject some disinfectant. Problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Call the Salvation Army they care
            Hardly a denial
            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

What do the chooks look for in a young half when scouting for a halfback ?

The difference between Flanagan and Walker in skill and the style they play are poles apart

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                He has a job to do and most of that is not obvious and he does it as he should. Remember this Flanagan cost is the semi against Penrith by rushing out of the line to avoid tackling (among other things)
                what execution did Lam do last night that was memorable? Oh wait yeah he saved a try by being behind a Penrith player that was judged to be an obstruction?

What’s Lams most memorable moment for us?

Comment

Yeah, a voice of reason KB.

Whats concerning to me is Lam is obviously lacking confidence. Don't know why. Unlock that and will see a better show. Admittedly he had a lot of pressure on him as the half, chief kicker and playmaker against a top side last night. Much better suited to a running five eighth role.

A lot better than Flanagan (as Robbo eventually realised), class above Hutch in the NSW Cup and more than competitive with the likes of Luai back then too. Somethings gone a bit awry though. Class is permanent but confidence can ebb and flow.

Maybe a stint back at Bears could get his mojo back. I think I could help him...enter the 'Coat' Whisperer.

Comment

Flanagan was also a first choice 350k halfback.

Lachlan Lam is on a rotational player contract in a 3 way battle with the likes of Hutchinson and Keighran to be 2nd choice 5/8.

Let's be real here, the fact that this is even a discussion says more about the signing and value of Flanagan than it does Lam.

You would hope Flangan would offer more but like others have said I'm really not convinced it's that clear cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                      The turning point was the ridiculous sin binning. A 14 point turnaround.
                      The drop out stuff up has to be the turning point. Penrith were rattled up until that moment.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

My opinion: The game against the Panthers for me showed that Lam and Ikuvalu are not up to playing FG standard footy. They both have had their moments especially Ikuvalu scoring a plethora of tries but the game against the Panthers just really showed he's just not up to it when the pressure is on and we're playing a Top 4 Heavyweight Side. Lam has had his chances to step up and show the club and fans what he's got but to date "not much" if I'm being blunt and honest. At best, he's played as a mediocre replacement option but Hutch at #6 is so much better, hell even Keighran and Manu playing at #6 is a better option. It's time he goes back to the Bears or join his Dad in Superleague because even being considered as a future utility option is going to be difficult as I believe next season Keighran and Hutch will battle it out for the #14 utility spot.
                        Last edited by DP1990; 06-22-2021, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Lam has less than 20 games of experience...Get use to him as Robbo wants to develop him.

Comment

Originally posted by morley101 View Post
                            Lam has less than 20 games of experience...Get use to him as Robbo wants to develop him.
                            Sam Walker, Reece Walsh, Joseph Suaalii, and josh Schuster have less games than Lam. Sam Verrills has 22 NRL games...And they're all younger too. And If Robbo wants to develop him? Then there's not much that I can say that may sound positive.

Comment

How do you or other people on here know what Lam's job is? It's odd as Sam Walker stated as a major reason for signing with the Roosters was that Robbo gave him the freedom to play the game he wanted to play. Are you saying that Robbo doesn't give Lam the freedom but rather is under strict instructions to play a certain way, but Walker isn't? If so, doesn't Robbo trust Lam or does he feel Lam is too limited to play any ad lib football.

We all know Lam can run the ball, but he does it so rarely that either he is under instructions to pass because Robbo doesn't have trust in Lam to do anything spontaneous or he has given Lam the freedom but he doesn't have the confidence to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Sam Walker, Reece Walsh, Joseph Suaalii, and josh Schuster have less games than Lam. Sam Verrills has 22 NRL games...And they're all younger too. And If Robbo wants to develop him? Then there's not much that I can say that may sound positive.
                                I fully understand yours and other issues with Lam.My main problem with the Lam bashing is if you look at the players he has had around him in most of those games there has been very few time where he has had quality experienced half , hooker , lock partners .Can't be sure it would make a huge difference but for me I would like to see how he went with Keary , Rads and an experienced hooker .

Comment

Working...
                                X