A Small Dilemma at Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Small Dilemma at Home

In my household we have a family tipping comp. My wife, boys aged 9 and 10 and myself are included.

It’s a serious title to win and we have a trophy we pass around to the winner every year.

Last night, for the first time ever, my oldest son tipped Penrith. I told him this was not allowed and he always had to tip his team. He changed his tip and apologised for tipping against The Roosters.

Did I do the right thing or should I have let him tip against us?

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    In my household we have a family tipping comp. My wife, boys aged 9 and 10 and myself are included.

It’s a serious title to win and we have a trophy we pass around to the winner every year.

Last night, for the first time ever, my oldest son tipped Penrith. I told him this was not allowed and he always had to tip his team. He changed his tip and apologised for tipping against The Roosters.

Who pays the bills?

Comment

You can change your job, your religion, and even your sexual identity but you cannot change your Football team.

Comment

Tip with your head

barrack with your heart

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

You can change your job, your religion, and even your sexual identity but you cannot change your Football team.
          He wasn’t changing his team. He’s just not getting fully behind them by not tipping them.

Comment

He wasn’t changing his team. He’s just not getting fully behind them by not tipping them.
            I know. I was being melodramatic. If the kid wants to win the tipping comp, he's going to choose the teams he thinks will win. Loyalty's fine but winning is everything.

Comment

It's a competition .... let him choose who he thinks is going to win. It doesn't meant he wants Penrith to win, just that he expects they will. He's not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

I know. I was being melodramatic. If the kid wants to win the tipping comp, he's going to choose the teams he thinks will win. Loyalty's fine but winning is everything.
                Its why we play.

I hope we win tonight but I'm not confident and wont be surprised at all if we get beaten. All I hope is that its not by 40!
                Drink some hand sanitizer and inject some disinfectant. Problem solved!

Comment

Nah not on mate. I remember as a kid saying in front of my old man my second favourite team was Balmain (no idea why, they were bog average back then). Still remember the look on his face. I wouldn’t have dared tip against us.

Comment

It sounds like your son is ready to pay for boarding.

Comment

I’m just trying to teach him that you stand by your team no matter what. He will no doubt be out at the game tonight cheering for us until he’s hoarse.

Comment

No problem tipping against us, as long as you still want them to win regardless of your tip.

Comment

I tipped once against us in a tipping comp, it was a shithouse feeling , never again

Edit: and we got flogged by the broncos !

Comment

Did you tell him Ashley Klein was the ref and Perenara was in the bunker?

Comment

I always tip us to win. Regardless of the circumstances and including tonight.

I also don't win tipping competitions.

Comment

Working...
                              X