Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapine on the move

Rumour Mill

Joseph Tapine will be playing for the Roosters next season and potentially could up at Bondi this year if the Raiders continue to struggle and his relationship with Ricky Stuart continues to deteriorate. It is believed he has already inked a deal for 2022.
    NICK TEDESCHI wraps up the week in rugby league in From The Couch. The Bunker Is Off Its Head There is a major disconnect between the NRL and those charged with officiating games and that was abundantly evident on Friday night when Marata Niukore was not even penalised for a shoulder charge that hit James […]
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

This year please, thank you very much and I'm assuming this means "The Cordnerstone" is headed for retirement.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If he is having trouble at his club then of course he is coming to the Roosters. The will take a detour and pick him up with the bus after they pick up Lodge.

Comment

I thought Tapine was SBW mark 2 at one stage. Hasn't hit the heights. Maybe a change of club/Coach could work?

Comment

Tapine, is he really needed. Roosters have plenty of back rowers. They need a prop, Robinson loves a power game. JWH is getting on, Sio is always carrying injuries, Linsday long time out now. A power prop is what is needed. Hudson Young from the Raiders would be a good buy.

Comment

Tapine is an ourstanding talent. He had a great couple of seasons, including carving us up in last year's semi, before a disrupted 2021 so far.

I'd be ecstatic if we were able to pull this off.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
              This year please, thank you very much and I'm assuming this means "The Cordnerstone" is headed for retirement.
              That is the only thing that makes sense. He is not going to start ahead of Radley, Cordner, or Crichton.

Comment

Would be a great addition, but is this source reliable?

Comment

As above, we are covered 11-13, anyone think he could be useful as a pig for this year?

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Tapine he is a very skillful forward with great footwork and offloading ability and can whack in defence. This would be a massive boost to our pack if we can jag him , I really think Robbo could bring out the best in him.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBoi View Post
                      Would be a great addition, but is this source reliable?
                      Is any source reliable? It’s been swirling for a while, see Mole.

If we’ve got cap relief from Cordner for the first half of the year to spend on a backrower, it makes sense. We’ve had a crack in 2016.

If there’s budget to spend, we should spend it. Why waste $$
                      Rival clubs are closely monitoring the awkward situation between the Canberra Raiders and star forward Joe ...
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

The lure of being trained by SBW and improving his game under a proven system with Robbo as Coach would be very tempting for any up and coming back rower...

Would be a good get if true!

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                          Is any source reliable? It’s been swirling for a while, see Mole.

If we’ve got cap relief from Cordner for the first half of the year to spend on a backrower, it makes sense. We’ve had a crack in 2016.

If there’s budget to spend, we should spend it. Why waste $$
                          Personally I can't see it happening especially for this year.

But if we were to get TJ and Tapine for this year grab your popcorn and get on Twitter for hours of enjoyment.

Comment

Their was a rumour from Brent Read last week that the Roosters were possibly changing their mind on the TJ Perenara idea..

Could it be due to the possible signing of Tapine for this year?

Comment

It says he's already signed for 2022 - have to see what is fact and i am not sure another backrower is what is needed going forward.

Joseph Tapine will be playing for the Roosters next season and potentially could up at Bondi this year if the Raiders continue to struggle and his relationship with Ricky Stuart continues to deteriorate. It is believed he has already inked a deal for 2022.

Comment

Working...
                              X