Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuku Hau Tapuha

Code:
    Following an injury sustained during today’s Captain’s Run, Fletcher Baker has been ruled out of the Sydney Roosters 21-man squad.

Consequently, the Roosters have been granted an exemption by the NRL to replace him with Tuku Hau Tapuha. Hau Tapuha joins the squad in jersey number 24
    Since Baker is out, what can anyone tell me about this bloke? I've heard his name but thats about it.
    Originally posted by jism
    I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post

Code:
    Following an injury sustained during today’s Captain’s Run, Fletcher Baker has been ruled out of the Sydney Roosters 21-man squad.

Consequently, the Roosters have been granted an exemption by the NRL to replace him with Tuku Hau Tapuha. Hau Tapuha joins the squad in jersey number 24
    Since Baker is out, what can anyone tell me about this bloke? I've heard his name but thats about it.
    I think he got a run in the Canberra trial and impressed. He's 20 and looks a rather large lad.

Comment

Gee, i wonder what Egan Butcher must be thinking............"what do i need to do to get a start?"

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post
        Gee, i wonder what Egan Butcher must be thinking............"what do i need to do to get a start?"
        Be a prop?

Comment

Has very big wraps on him.
          I believe we resigned him in December last year.
          I am looking forward to see him play in the RWB.

Comment

I just found this excerpt from the Australian newspaper in 2019 he was named in the top 10 prospects in Queensland.

"TOWERING middle forward with an enormous future. Sydney Roosters spotted him first and their decision to snap him up is proving a good one early on. Scarily mobile for a big man, Tapuha’s ability to bend the line and offload makes him a serious risk for opposition defences. One of Wavell SHS best prospects in recent years."

Comment

Saw him close up in Newcastle. Big guy who looks very athletic.

Comment

Damaging runner. Won’t be able to play long minutes.

Comment

Part of our prop production line.
                  One of the Trents best qualities is that he understands what it’s like to play in the middle and their importance to the team.
                  ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Thanks guys.

I look forward to seeing him get a gallop. It's a big ask on the rest of the middles carrying him and Fifita with no/low minutes, as Robbo' seems to prefer on newbies.

I hope they both get high quality minutes, either way Trust In Trent.
                    Originally posted by jism
                    I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Averages 41 minutes game time in reggies - low of 25 and a high of 62 - so one figures 30 odd minutes game time would be optimum in NRL for him to be effective. Under contract to 2022
                      Last edited by King Salvo; 05-07-2021, 04:35 PM.

Comment

He is a player of the future, that's for sure.
                        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

looked alright

Comment

Looks the goods

Comment

Only 19 and a tall lad and needs a bit more mobility though which will come

Comment

Working...
                              X