Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anzac day team

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anzac day team

    1. Teddy
    2. 2poo
    3. Jmoz
    4. Joey
    5. Bmoz
    6. Hutch
    7. Walker
    8. Collins.
    9. Benny
    10. Daniel saluka
    11. Sitilli
    12. Angus
    13. Issac
    14. Keigrahn
    15. Butcher. N
    16. Butcher .e. /. Tuku Hau Taphua
    17. Fletcher Baker.

    ​​​​​​​Thats the best team available i think
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

  • #2
    Verills is a chance according to Robbo.
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

    Comment


    • #3
      Verril and keighran
      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

      Comment


      • #4
        Robbo was talking about Keighran being a utility/second rower. Maybe after the first stint he could play the ball playing lock role

        Comment


        • #5
          Marschke hasn’t done that bad for only his 2nd game. Better than Freddy IMO with fewer mistakes and tough defence, like a mini version of Friend. Bringing Verrills in desperation when the saints are hot and on this game maybe asking a little too much of Sam V.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
            Marschke hasn’t done that bad for only his 2nd game. Better than Freddy IMO with fewer mistakes and tough defence, like a mini version of Friend. Bringing Verrills in desperation when the saints are hot and on this game maybe asking a little too much of Sam V.
            If he’s a first grader, which he is, he plays. He can come off the bench. Would you prefer we bring him back against The Bulldogs?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

              If he’s a first grader, which he is, he plays. He can come off the bench. Would you prefer we bring him back against The Bulldogs?
              I would prefer to bring someone who is ready to play in a hard game like the Anzac Day game. Verrills setback shows that it hasn’t gone that well for him and to bring him on when we’re desperate for a win in this game maybe is asking a little too much BUT you nor I nor anyone here knows how ready he is. ACLs are tough injuries to get back to normal. It took JWH weeks or even a season to get back to normal. The only one that it hasn’t bothered was that tough bugger Radley.
              I’m just giving my 2c worths. Is that ok?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

                If he’s a first grader, which he is, he plays. He can come off the bench. Would you prefer we bring him back against The Bulldogs?
                Agreed. Big fan of Sam's and he's relish an ANZAC clash as we were all starved of one last year. He did play in our grand final winning team in 2019..
                "With every mistake, we must surely be learning" - George Harrison

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm still confused as to why the Club hasn't made a play for a 6 like Gareth Widdop during this time of need..

                  Nothing against Hutch as he has exceeded low expectations so far, but having a Widdop at 6 and Hutch off the bench would surely be a better option?

                  At first i thought we would manage but now with extra players going down i think a player like Widdop would help the team as well as be a great benefit for Sam Walker..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                    I'm still confused as to why the Club hasn't made a play for a 6 like Gareth Widdop during this time of need..

                    Nothing against Hutch as he has exceeded low expectations so far, but having a Widdop at 6 and Hutch off the bench would surely be a better option?

                    At first i thought we would manage but now with extra players going down i think a player like Widdop would help the team as well as be a great benefit for Sam Walker..
                    Yes to Widdop on a short term deal and even Benji over Hutch this year at 150k would have been nice. All in hindsight i guess with our terrible luck with injuries at the moment

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

                      Agreed. Big fan of Sam's and he's relish an ANZAC clash as we were all starved of one last year. He did play in our grand final winning team in 2019..
                      He will only be picked if the medical team give him the ok. I think the club has demonstrated we put player welfare first.

                      Comment


                      • #12


                        Next Week:

                        1. Teddy
                        2. Tupou
                        3. JMoz
                        4. Suaalii
                        5. BMoz
                        6. Manu
                        7. Walker

                        8. Liu
                        9. B Marschke
                        10. Collins
                        11. Crichton
                        12. Tupouinua
                        13. Baker

                        14. Keighran
                        15. Hutch
                        16. Suluka-Fifita
                        17. Butcher

                        18. Ikuvalu
                        19. E Butcher
                        20. Hau Tapuha
                        21. Bailey

                        Gotta get the attack going.....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The Marshall View Post

                          He will only be picked if the medical team give him the ok. I think the club has demonstrated we put player welfare first.
                          That would be the same for any player really. I'm not sure why you chose to direct that comment to me as I've never wanted any of our players to be on field with injuries/illness.
                          "With every mistake, we must surely be learning" - George Harrison

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

                            I would prefer to bring someone who is ready to play in a hard game like the Anzac Day game. Verrills setback shows that it hasn’t gone that well for him and to bring him on when we’re desperate for a win in this game maybe is asking a little too much BUT you nor I nor anyone here knows how ready he is. ACLs are tough injuries to get back to normal. It took JWH weeks or even a season to get back to normal. The only one that it hasn’t bothered was that tough bugger Radley.
                            I’m just giving my 2c worths. Is that ok?
                            Don’t you think this will all be taken into consideration before the coaching staff make a decision?
                            If he plays, I think you can be assured that he will be ready. That may be for a part roll off the bench or interchanged or for the full game ( which I doubt as he’ll be blowing and only match time can fix that) ... but I’m sure no stone will be left unturned.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Having B-Moz back against the Dragons will be great! IMO we're still the goods...

                              Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post

                              Don’t you think this will all be taken into consideration before the coaching staff make a decision?
                              If he plays, I think you can be assured that he will be ready. That may be for a part roll off the bench or interchanged or for the full game ( which I doubt as he’ll be blowing and only match time can fix that) ... but I’m sure no stone will be left unturned.
                              As a positive, I reckon this is one reason why our injury toll looks worse than it actually is. If we were the Drizz/Souffs then we'd have Cords, Friend, Verrills, SST and JWH all playing for sure.

                              Something something player welfare.
                              Last edited by ism22; 04-18-2021, 05:52 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X