Fitzy gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tennessee Tornado View Post
    Buzz Rothfield’s rumour is that if Fitzy goes to the Sharks, we may sign Jon Morris as assistant coach.
    Wouldn’t be a bad choice, he has done well with what he was given at the sardines.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post

Wouldn’t be a bad choice, he has done well with what he was given at the sardines.
      Indeed.
      Maybe he'll be able to fix our right side defence.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I thought Morris was making a decent fist of it, can’t ask for too much more from a rookie coach who took over a basket case, has made the finals twice, and they have gone ok this year, I could understand if they were going for Robbo,Bennett Bellamy or another bigger name coach, but an unproven coach who has assisted the best coach and roster in the Nrl?

Doesn’t sound like a massive upgrade for the sharks at the moment.
        Very strange as Morris is a bit hamstrung with revamping the roster with players such as Fifita/Moylan/Johnson/Dugan/Woods taking up more than 1/3 of the cap -most if not all off contract at the end of 2021.

300 NRL game player and 2 years an NRL finalist as coach would at least mean something in getting an extension and a chance to revamp the roster.

Not happy chappies the players by reports below

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/cronull...4-3a354b5591ef
        Last edited by King Salvo; 04-12-2021, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I thought Morris was making a decent fist of it, can’t ask for too much more from a rookie coach who took over a basket case, has made the finals twice, and they have gone ok this year, I could understand if they were going for Robbo,Bennett Bellamy or another bigger name coach, but an unproven coach who has assisted the best coach and roster in the Nrl?

Doesn’t sound like a massive upgrade for the sharks at the moment.
          In real terms I agree with you. He is doing a good job.

But I think there is a perception that a Roosters coaching apprenticeship is a big tick, or even some experience there. O'Brien and Holbrook both landed decent gigs.

Plus will John Moz attract the neccessary recruits?

Comment

I hope not , Fitzy should stay.

I always thought Trent wanted to go back to France , stay involved with us , easy to do these days.
            Fitzy coaches his way , but always has Trent for advice.

we keep our no dickheads recruitment policy , keep our culture.

we all remember the dark days , let’s not go back , let’s go forward and keep improving.

Fitzy please stay !

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

In real terms I agree with you. He is doing a good job.

But I think there is a perception that a Roosters coaching apprenticeship is a big tick, or even some experience there. O'Brien and Holbrook both landed decent gigs.

Plus will John Moz attract the neccessary recruits?
              I know his hands are tied with his squad but not beating a top 8 side once in over a year isn't a good look for Morris I would think, don't blame them for chasing Fitzy

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post

And he's popular with the Sharks players, he can bring Toby Rudolph across with him if he wants to come

Comment

I think they are being harsh with Morris, the timing of being able to punt Dugan, Moylan etc is a great incentive to be able to do something there
                  The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                  Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                  sigpic

Comment

they're 2 from 5 but if they hadn't had game day injuries and goal kicked better they might have won 4 or 5. while graham was on they looked pretty slick v us

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

And he's popular with the Sharks players, he can bring Toby Rudolph across with him if he wants to come
                      I think he went through Scots the same time as Angus..
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

When Fitzy goes to another club just like a player they become Ex Roosters. Would be you be supporting him if he went to Souffs Vermin and hoping they did well for Fitzy?.

Chooks better get their finger out and re-sign players they want to keep past 2021 though.

10 players off contract
                        • Fletcher Baker
                        • Egan Butcher
                        • Angus Crichton
                        • Drew Hutchison
                        • Isaac Liu
                        • Brett Morris
                        • Josh Morris
                        • Billy Smith
                        • Daniel Tupou
                        • Sam Walker

If Fitzy does sign not sure how this will work as he will need to be across all player signings and retention's at the Sharks for starters.

O'Brien signed in September 2019 to coach the Knights end of season whereas if you believe the paper talk Fitzy could be signing as early as this or next week - round 6/7.

Be interesting if this is correct what the Chooks will do- certainly coaches don't tend to stick around if they are to be punted at seasons end and clubs also make the decision for the coach by sacking them.- So potentially he could leave early.

Wonder who Fitzy's assistants will be if he does become Sharks Coach?

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                          When Fitzy goes to another club just like a player they become Ex Roosters. Would be you be supporting him if he went to Souffs Vermin and hoping they did well for Fitzy?.

Chooks better get their finger out and re-sign players they want to keep past 2021 though.

10 players off contract
                          • Fletcher Baker
                          • Egan Butcher
                          • Angus Crichton
                          • Drew Hutchison
                          • Isaac Liu
                          • Brett Morris
                          • Josh Morris
                          • Billy Smith
                          • Daniel Tupou
                          • Sam Walker

If Fitzy does sign not sure how this will work as he will need to be across all player signings and retention's at the Sharks for starters.

O'Brien signed in September 2019 to coach the Knights end of season whereas if you believe the paper talk Fitzy could be signing as early as this or next week - round 6/7.

Be interesting if this is correct what the Chooks will do- certainly coaches don't tend to stick around if they are to be punted at seasons end and clubs also make the decision for the coach by sacking them.- So potentially he could leave early.

Wonder who Fitzy's assistants will be if he does become Sharks Coach?
                          Apparently Cameron ciraldo, they coached country together, nice way to get a few Penrith players across and fitzy can pick a few chooks he is close to.

Comment

No offence to Fitzy but I really don't see how the Sharks replacing Morris with him is a step up. Fitzy hasnt coached a game yet. I dont really understand the line being trotted out

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyCoastChook View Post
                              No offence to Fitzy but I really don't see how the Sharks replacing Morris with him is a step up. Fitzy hasnt coached a game yet. I dont really understand the line being trotted out
                              For whatever reasons the board are looking to replace Morris, I think Fitzy's a solid choice. When people look to improve their business, they normally get someone that has been an integral part of a competitors success. I think he ticks a box or two there!!

Coaching hasn't been a one man show for a long time and the supporting personnel and infrastructure will play a big part in how enjoyable his post game press conferences will be. The one thing that I believe will see him successful is that he listens to his mates and mentors. Gus, Freddy, Joey etc. have previously offered him advice around the right job opportunity and he listens. Barrett has the same network/respect and has jumped from one disaster to the next and he's obviously no mug.

Comment

Fitzy leaves. Paul Green anyone or do we elevate Kingy and Nug runs water. Even do we look at Paul Morris as an assistant. The shire has made the finals for the past 2 years and arent spooners. What the heck you can never have tooooo many Morris:s in a team
                                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X